The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, davidkennedyshand said:
19 minutes ago, ayrmad said:
Good to see we've reacquired the car park. 

Wonder if the railway land will be next

Hopefully, would be great if the look of the area right down to the railway wall was improved significantly and the hub could generate serious cash for a good few hours before games to improve the matchday experience significantly. 

Edited by ayrmad

It gives plenty of options, car parking obviously but it can also be used as a fan zone on match day, more stuff could be built on it like a new gym or facilities for players. 
If Newton yard was to go up for sale it could have the potential for an Astro training park. 

All potentially good projects. 

Maybe overly cynical, but it could be a take the heat off the chairman if we go down announcement.

I wouldn’t blame the chairman personally if we went down, we would have the potential to come back stronger again, as horrific as the prospect of at least a season  in league one seems. That recovery would be what makes the chairman in my opinion.
Cameron was a rookie when we went down initially and he made mistakes so hopefully Smith will learn his trade in the Championship.

Deciding if he has seen enough from Hopkin to allow him to rebuild or change in the summer, deciding on how much the club stretches to repair the damage of the last 18 months, these are things he will have to get right on the playing side. 

Off the park, he seems to be putting things quickly in to action to get them right.

Just now, Robbo63 said:

Lots happening during close season, Hub building starting Monday , work around the car park along with some other work 

Hopefully they consult with my sister when they're planning going forward, I'm pretty sure she'll be amenable but it won't do any harm to give her consideration. 

She's certainly glad it's back in the hands of the club. 

Hopefully they consult with my sister when they're planning going forward, I'm pretty sure she'll be amenable but it won't do any harm to give her consideration. 
She's certainly glad it's back in the hands of the club. 

She live next to the car park?

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

3 years ago today. The greatest moment I’ve had supporting Ayr. Thinking of those shared it with who are no longer here and missing what a great team that was! 

B4485C90-CAF5-4E31-A15F-4153FE97937A.jpeg

A brilliant day, I went totally in hope rather than expectation. Brilliant atmosphere the whole game. So many people missed out that day though scunnered from the week before at Alloa. 

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

3 years ago today. The greatest moment I’ve had supporting Ayr. Thinking of those shared it with who are no longer here and missing what a great team that was! 

B4485C90-CAF5-4E31-A15F-4153FE97937A.jpeg

Don't worry lads  still a chance you could have the minter version of it this year.

IMG-20190518-WA0006.jpg.dcdbf5bfa5e28acfa6b8d9ab72806ca8.thumb.jpg.e2a1a48ec61ee6f836a05a6e5588c7a2.jpg

I know we're first and foremost football fans, but I think the poor performances of the team are detracting from the excellent work being done off the pitch and in any other circumstance it'd be proclaimed as a massive step forward for this club.

If we DO end up going down I still don't think we should be blaming Smith as quite frankly he's backed the club financially both on and off the pitch and like Cameron before him has done more already than anyone in recent memory.

Yes, people will point to the appointment of Hopkin as a mistake but if we read back we'll see that there were no candidates standing out (from the realistic pool) and our own views were clearly mixed about who should have got the job as they were all pretty much of a muchness in terms of previous experience and success.

It certainly didn't appear to be the "cheap option" and of course smith himself was quick to act when things weren't going right for MK.

I suppose we can all just hope that we can stay up this year and then judge both Hopkin and Smith next year in terms of budgets and then performances and results, but hopefully if all goes well we'll become an established and professional Championship Club both on and off the pitch and then maybe we can start dreaming of what could lie ahead.

Here's hoping.

Guest Flash
38 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Canny believe they have the weans out :lol:

The players (and weans) were ready to do the end of season cheerio to the fans, that they do every season, when the sponsors made them shuffle over and get the picture done. Everybody was just relieved we’d avoided relegation. There weren’t really any celebrations. Think St.Mirren had one done the same season after winning their play-off. Appreciate that staying in the Premiership is a bigger deal but nobody seemed to have any issue with them actually celebrating on the pitch.

The players (and weans) were ready to do the end of season cheerio to the fans, that they do every season, when the sponsors made them shuffle over and get the picture done. Everybody was just relieved we’d avoided relegation. There weren’t really any celebrations. Think St.Mirren had one done the same season after winning their play-off. Appreciate that staying in the Premiership is a bigger deal but nobody seemed to have any issue with them actually celebrating on the pitch.

I remember Tom English putting something up laughing after St Mirren won their playoff and was hammered for it. I quite agree with it as it’s a bit of a minter especially when you scrape past on penalties. I suppose making the players pose for such a picture can be considered the final punishment for being really shite and finishing second bottom.

Guest Flash
37 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I remember Tom English putting something up laughing after St Mirren won their playoff and was hammered for it. I quite agree with it as it’s a bit of a minter especially when you scrape past on penalties. I suppose making the players pose for such a picture can be considered the final punishment for being really shite and finishing second bottom.

Aye, you’re right. I didn’t remember Tom English commenting on St.Mirren. Our lot looked pretty reluctant to have the picture done whereas the St.Mirren players looked like they enjoyed it.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4291338/st-mirren-dig-bbc-tom-english-premiership/

3 hours ago, ecocme said:

A brilliant day, I went totally in hope rather than expectation. Brilliant atmosphere the whole game. So many people missed out that day though scunnered from the week before at Alloa. 

Yeah I know a few folk who didnt go as they thought we had blown it v Alloa. Tbh I did as well but I went along anyway as the team had gave me so many great times that season. Honestly thought at one point that I'd rather Raith had won 5-0 than scoring a late winner. Glad we didnt have to worry and I'll always remember running onto the pitch at the end 😂 priceless memories