The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

Don't get the team to sign it that will devalue the thing. And honestly, what kind of sadist would be wanting a memento of this team.

Nothing to do with this seasons team ! It’s next seasons strip 

I don't like the blue one and voted for the pink one, but then again the last strip I bought for myself was the half and half Blackburn Rovers style one from about a decade ago so it would be a bit hypocritical for me to moan about it 🤣

3 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

No win situation for the club again , going by the votes being so close they would have got the same negative reaction from the many people who voted for the blue one ,

Some folk just enjoy moaning though.  It's good bit of fan engagement that many people have been suggesting for a few years.  It's probably just because they didn't get what they wanted, so they want to complain.  

No win situation for the club again , going by the votes being so close they would have got the same negative reaction from the many people who voted for the blue one ,
Exactly... The whole exercise was a waste of time. The club should pick a kit and that's that. I don't think anyone would have been gutted that they didn't get to decide on next season's away kit. I even saw opposition supporters voting, slagging the kits off too.

Voting for the new badge was different, because that was a massive decision which quite rightly should have had supporters decide. Really hope the home top is a beltur. Not sure how bespoke and interesting we can go with white and black trim mind you.

Just now, super_carson said:

Some folk just enjoy moaning though.  It's good bit of fan engagement that many people have been suggesting for a few years.  It's probably just because they didn't get what they wanted, so they want to complain.  

Some people saying it’s a fix etc , do they honestly think if most people wanted the Grey strip ( which they likely would then buy) that the club would then  go and order one that fewer people wanted, certainly no business sense in that  

1 minute ago, Ayr23 said:

The club should have done a vote to decide on the new manager. That would have been interesting!

I would have lost that vote too!

Fair do's @Robbo63 I'm wasn't criticising the process (or even the result). No need to be defensive about the result, as @Ayr23 says if it was presented as a fait accomplit that would have been fine as well.

22 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Rumour has it a lot of killie fans did a vote for the blue top, unsure if true or not

Undoubtebly it would have happened (not sure if big enough numbers to make a difference mind).

I love the pettiness of Scottish football! Second to none.

3 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

I saw the votes and the fans voted for the Blue one , with 5 hours to go there were less than 6 votes of a difference, I personally voted Grey but unfortunately was out voted 

How close was it in the end? I feel a bit bad that I voted twice for it now. Still I thought it was comfortably the best of the 3 and will probably buy it. 

I voted pink and so did everyone I know. My observers were not allowed on the floor of the count venue. If you count only the legal votes then pink won. The blue kit is unconstitutional.

Edited by Iain

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Looking forward to a Hibs vs St Mirren cup final!

Hide contents

Sad Please Please Please GIF by myHQ

Shankland to score in the last minute to foil Goodwin again just like he did in his 2nd ever game for Ayr in a 3-3 draw with Alloa that I've just realised this second that I still feel remarkably bitter about.  Wow.

48 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Shankland to score in the last minute to foil Goodwin again just like he did in his 2nd ever game for Ayr in a 3-3 draw with Alloa that I've just realised this second that I still feel remarkably bitter about.  Wow.

Hahaha f**k sake I posted that in here, was reading about the kit stuff and missed that I was in the wrong tab 😂

Edited by RossBFaeDundee