The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

16 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

Losing Cammy Smith is a big factor in my view - he'd be in any Championship side's first eleven this season, even Hertz's.

Was quietly pleased we got something out of yesterday's match (esp after last week's horrendous display) and we looked the more likely to win it towards the end. If Todd had sclaff'd that chance instead of hitting it well but straight at the keeper then we'd have got the points. But then again if yer auntie had bawz, she'd be yer uncle. 

Well done to Queens for gettin the point to stay up - feckin Doonhammers 😐🙂

This, I found it ridiculous when I seen a couple of people on here and on twitter saying he wouldn’t be much of a loss. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

3 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Based on what? Our record against ICT is abysmal at the best of times. Factor in the shit fest of a season we've had and I reckon the only way we'll get a draw is if they rest half the squad. I dont think McCann is a manager like that tbh 

I think Hopkin has it in him to go up there, be defensive and compact and shit fest a draw against a team who will be hurting after missing out on the playoffs(after such a good run), on a bit of a downer and prob won't burst a gut to break you down as winning means feck all for them.

Hope I'm wrong of course and you get skudded 10-2 but can't see it. If we are to stay up, we need a win.

57 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

We've missed you

I thought I'd take a little break (the first enforced, the second through choice) as was losing the plot too often recently, however much more relaxed now !!

The Arbroath debacle was also enough to drive anyone over the edge as the whole lot of them were a waste of a jersey, however I thought we were much better yesterday, still majorly lacking in quality of course and the tactics / style of play still seem terrible but at least the players showed a bit of interest and fight yesterday which had been sadly lacking recently.

God knows what will happen on Friday night but Morton at least have given us a fighting chance with failing to win against Alloa and their recent form should have Arbroath as strong favourites for that one.

It's sad of course that we are in the position of having to rely on others but I don't think any of us will be overly confident in this mob pulling anything from our trip to Inverness, still, stranger things have happened.

For what it's worth, I though McCowan, Moffat and Todd all played pretty well yesterday and the Keeper looked much more assured, Reading and Muirhead also played ok and I suppose the others didn't really do anything wrong (which was an improvement) but should we stay up, then by god we've got one almighty rebuilding job needing done and hopefully the penny will drop with Hopkin that in order to win a football match you need to first of all create a chance and then hit the ball towards the goal, both of these seem to have escaped our players over the past few weeks but as the song goes that we used to run out to many moons ago, "things can only get better"....

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

God knows what will happen on Friday night but Morton at least have given us a fighting chance with failing to win against Alloa and their recent form should have Arbroath as strong favourites for that one.

It's sad of course that we are in the position of having to rely on others but I don't think any of us will be overly confident in this mob pulling anything from our trip to Inverness, still, stranger things have happened.

The fact that Arbroath know that they can't afford a slip up if we do the highly unusual and win at ICT is in our favour. Also if we win (again, I know, unusual for us in the Highlands) then we're not dependent on any other result. Surely, Hopkins knows all that and will have it drummed into all of them by Friday evening - a win for Arbroath is, I think, the best we can expect. I'm hoping for a good drink next weekend whatever.

22 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

The fact that Arbroath know that they can't afford a slip up if we do the highly unusual and win at ICT is in our favour. Also if we win (again, I know, unusual for us in the Highlands) then we're not dependent on any other result. Surely, Hopkins knows all that and will have it drummed into all of them by Friday evening - a win for Arbroath is, I think, the best we can expect. I'm hoping for a good drink next weekend whatever.

My fear is that the players somehow think the hard part is done or that the management team send us up there to sit on our own 18 yard line for 90 minutes.

We need to be able to cause them problems like we did the last time we were up there, at the right times in the game. Inverness might also be looking to blood some squad or youth players with this being a nothing game for them. Still makes for a nervous night right enough!

5 hours ago, madton said:

I think Hopkin has it in him to go up there, be defensive and compact and shit fest a draw against a team who will be hurting after missing out on the playoffs(after such a good run), on a bit of a downer and prob won't burst a gut to break you down as winning means feck all for them.

Hope I'm wrong of course and you get skudded 10-2 but can't see it. If we are to stay up, we need a win.

Does anyone know if Hopkin gets on well with Neil McCann? If he does then maybe we will see Inverness field an "experimental" side.

I think Dick Campbell will have the beating of Gus McPherson. I think he is a more streetwise manager and will have the Arbroath team fired up for the game and they will know what their job is. However, if Morton were down and out, I think they would have shat it against Alloa. 

I don't think Ayr will win in Inverness. 

Both games a draw, The Morton v. Arbroath game a score draw, The Inverness v. Ayr game a goalless draw. 

7 hours ago, mugen_power said:

Inverness win and Morton-Arbroath to draw, 6/1 with B365...I've got a tenner on it. We're finishing 9th lads, no chance we can get a draw at Inverness, even if they've got nothing to play for

We literally got a draw there the last time we were up.

37 minutes ago, Iain said:

We literally got a draw there the last time we were up.

We are a far worse team now than the squad that went up there, we still had some hope and a dream in the first game. 

This entire season can get itself tae f**k. It's been absolutely terrible.

I am not expecting us to win or draw against Inverness, but Morton will lose to Arbroath. That will be enough to ensure that we stay up.

19 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

This, I found it ridiculous when I seen a couple of people on here and on twitter saying he wouldn’t be much of a loss. 

Yeah, he scored some vital goals which we would have been much worse off without. I wish he had stayed until the end of the season.

Even though we're undoubtedly utter rubbish, I don't think we should be over estimating Inverness or anyone else in this league.  A quick look at the league table quickly confirms that all the teams have serious issues in one way or another and all are very poor, so Yes, while I'm not holding out much hope it's not exactly Barcelona we're facing it's a pretty mediocre to poor Inverness side with nothing to play for, so hardly an insurmountable task.

That said, our best chance probably remains Arbroath pumping Morton and ultimately I'd far rather be in our current position as Morton's.