The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Good point today with the other results considered.

Squeaky bum time going down to the last day of the season, such a shame we won't be there to cheer the players on, even though it's Inverness away i'm sure we'd have taken a support up regardless to see us over the line.

I think we're in the favourable position going into next week by playing the team with nothing to play for compared to the other team fighting for their lives because we know how that ended last week.

I'll say no more

*bus handbrake applied

David Hopkin: “When I came to the club my remit was to stay in the Championship. We now have a massive game at Inverness but there is another massive game between Morton and Arbroath. We’re still in the game, we’re still here. If we get a point we’ll be a Championship team.

The effort was there today no doubt and was very pleasing, I’m a bit more confident we can go to inverness and get something from the game , no failures today against a very dangerous Queens, back four were good, midfield competitive, but Moffat in the number ten role and young McKenzie were terrific, more of the same next week please and if we continue in that vain we might just scrape through the play offs if we end up there.

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Although he missed a sitter I thought Todd looked alright today. I don’t think I’d change much for ICT game. Put Ndaba back in somewhere but the players today did okay.

Clean sheet is all we need.

Honestly, I think everything will work out in the end. I'm confident this Ayr team, as poor as it may seem at times, will get their act together for the last game on Friday. Good draw against Q.o.s today and I'm confident that this team can scramble a draw against Inverness at minimum. 

The Super is not a league 1 team. 

Though I will admit my concern at the severe lack of goals since Hopkin took over. 🙄

18 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Honestly, I think everything will work out in the end. I'm confident this Ayr team, as poor as it may seem at times, will get their act together for the last game on Friday. Good draw against Q.o.s today and I'm confident that this team can scramble a draw against Inverness at minimum. 

The Super is not a league 1 team. 

Though I will admit my concern at the severe lack of goals since Hopkin took over. 🙄

I thought the lack of goals under Kerr was a worry, I certainly wasnt expecting this drought infront of goal to last when Hopkin took over 😑

7 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I thought the lack of goals under Kerr was a worry, I certainly wasnt expecting this drought infront of goal to last when Hopkin took over 😑

Can only pish with the cock you’ve got, and ours is a wee baldy half incher. 

Astonished our fate is still in our own hands after the sheer incompetence of the last five months, but I'll take it. Even if we do our usual capitulation at Inverness, we still have an escape route if Arbroath win, but I would rather we just built on the better performance from yesterday and took some of the chances we finally made. Friday will be a long night but hopefully the players turn up, put in the required effort and get the point we need, then we can just forget this season ever happened and promise to never speak of it again.

All the ingredients for Arbroath and Morton for a shitfest draw next week keeping them both up unless we perform a miracle and get at least a point in Inverness
If we go behind early then that could well happen - but keeping the game tight and holding the draw will force morton to attack.

Conceding an early goal will kill us.

7 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

If we go behind early then that could well happen - but keeping the game tight and holding the draw will force morton to attack.

Conceding an early goal will kill us.

Hope we just think of beating Arbroath rather than hoping you concede early.

Someone mentioned above about us playing out a draw, we can't even think that's a possibility, both sides know a win keeps us up so I expect an open game.

Only way we could play out a draw is if your are getting battered 3-0 at half time and we are still goalless. 

I think you'll get your draw btw so from our perspective, we need to beat Arbroath.

40 minutes ago, madton said:

Hope we just think of beating Arbroath rather than hoping you concede early.

Someone mentioned above about us playing out a draw, we can't even think that's a possibility, both sides know a win keeps us up so I expect an open game.

Only way we could play out a draw is if your are getting battered 3-0 at half time and we are still goalless. 

I think you'll get your draw btw so from our perspective, we need to beat Arbroath.

Based on what? Our record against ICT is abysmal at the best of times. Factor in the shit fest of a season we've had and I reckon the only way we'll get a draw is if they rest half the squad. I dont think McCann is a manager like that tbh 

43 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

ased on what? Our record against ICT is abysmal at the best of times. Factor in the shit fest of a season we've had and I reckon the only way we'll get a draw is if they rest half the squad. I dont think McCann is a manager like that tbh 

Ironically I think this current side have chance of getting a draw up there more so than McCall’s free flowing side  . Still gonna be a twenty can night though , hopefully no injuries from yesterday ...

8 minutes ago, North British said:

Ironically I think this current side have chance of getting a draw up there more so than McCall’s free flowing side  . Still gonna be a twenty can night though , hopefully no injuries from yesterday ...

Moffat broke his nose likely.

11 minutes ago, North British said:

I wonder if Ndaba will be back and if so whether Hopkin reverts to 3 at the back again. 

He'd certainly match up well against Todorov. 

I like how in the space of almost 2 years exactly, we've gone from travelling to Inverness for a game to try and get us towards promotion out of the Championship.

To now going up there to ensure we don't get relegated from this league.

How a lot has changed in 24 months.

13 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Losing Cammy Smith is a big factor in my view - he'd be in any Championship side's first eleven this season, even Hertz's.

Was quietly pleased we got something out of yesterday's match (esp after last week's horrendous display) and we looked the more likely to win it towards the end. If Todd had sclaff'd that chance instead of hitting it well but straight at the keeper then we'd have got the points. But then again if yer auntie had bawz, she'd be yer uncle. 

Well done to Queens for gettin the point to stay up - feckin Doonhammers 😐🙂