The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

45 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Somebody explain to me how those 5 arseholes with the banner are helping anybody with that banner.  Hopefully they get hunted.

Players need to see what the fans think, lucky there’s not 1500-2000 in giving them pelters. 

Best case scenario is Arbroath win, as we are safe. Morton win or draw mean that Ayr need to avoid defeat in Inverness to stay up.

I'd think Arbroath would beat Morton, but this is Ayr Utd we aee talking about.

Amazingly, it is in our own hands. Avoid defeat in Inverness and the other results don't matter. Equally, an Arbroath win makes us safe.

There’s a minuscule chance we’d still go down after an Arbroath win. Would need to lose by at least 6 or 7 goals though (yes I know before someone brings up that game).

Any other outcome in the Arbroath/Morton game and we need a draw.

Really annoying to think that if it wasn’t for just one of the various bed shitting episodes this season we’d already be safe.

There’s a minuscule chance we’d still go down after an Arbroath win. Would need to lose by at least 6 or 7 goals though (yes I know before someone brings up that game).
Any other outcome in the Arbroath/Morton game and we need a draw.
Really annoying to think that if it wasn’t for just one of the various bed shitting episodes this season we’d already be safe.
I'm just amazed that even after the disaster of this season that's still in our own hands.

Just a shame it requires a result in Inverness where we traditionally are shite.

1 minute ago, mccurdieboy said:

I think today would show hopkins we are better playing football on the ground as I actually think if we would have played tht type off football in past 5 games we would have got more points

Yup on a beautiful day , yes of course . Nov to Jan , failed the last two years .  Up to the Moray Firth next Friday and sort this the f**k out . 

Not convinced it was a better performance, more players looked up for it than normal but we still never looked like threatening to score and Queens were the same. 

when I saw the results I thought, the last thing I want to see is the mentality that we only need a draw, then I saw Hopkins after match quote.

we need to win, that’s it. We need to win. 

Did we play any football today or was it the usual puntfest?
It wasn't pretty but it wasn't constant hoofball. Tried to get the ball on the deck at times however any attempt at football was usually hampered by the bumpy pitch.

Certainly when the keeper got the ball he kicked it long from his hands all the time but it was better than we've seen recently. However not looking like scoring at all.
McKenzie, Toddand Moffat had chances. Luke got in good positions but his best chance is probably in someone's garden in Somerset Road.

34 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Not convinced it was a better performance, more players looked up for it than normal but we still never looked like threatening to score and Queens were the same. 

when I saw the results I thought, the last thing I want to see is the mentality that we only need a draw, then I saw Hopkins after match quote.

we need to win, that’s it. We need to win. 

We usually have zero chances, we had a few today - in terms of that alone it was better.