The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

That's the spirit.....

The next Covid restrictions are due to be lifted on the 17th May, which could mean fans would be allowed in for a game on the 18th potentially, scenes if that happened. Since when was the final on the Tuesday? Is that just for this year, usually always at the weekend the last game.

Yeah, first leg is usually the midweek and 2nd leg the Saturday/Sunday  so presuming it must be due to COVID

12 minutes ago, Flash said:

Dobbie has been in and out the team this season, mostly due to injury, but even when available he hasn’t always started. He hasn’t scored a league goal that wasn’t a penalty since 25 January 2020. And he last scored a penalty on 31 October.

Jeez those are awful stats. When did Dobbie get so shit?

11 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Wait, so we play Montrose or Airdrie (potentially), then have to play Falkirk or Partick who'd only have one tie to play? Surely not 

(1) 4th v 9th / 9th v 4th

(2) 3rd v 2nd / 2nd v 3rd

(2) v (1) / (1) v (2)

Hope that makes sense. 

6 hours ago, itzdrk said:

So as much as I have no faith in these players at all

Ayr win

Alloa win

Dunfermline win

• Ayr 30
  • Arbroath 29
  • Morton 27

Safe. 

Wee coupon worth putting £1 on. 

Even an Ayr win, Morton draw and Dunfermline win would see us safe, that would be Ayr 30, Arbroath 29 and Morton 28. Only one could go above us on the last day. 

7 minutes ago, davidkennedyshand said:

It's better to know what ways we can stay out of the play offs without us winning any more points.

Two morton defeats by any score, near enough.

If we stay up it is because we escaped and were lucky. We deserve to go down. The form in the first part of the season has kept up out the bottom 2 so far but the form of the final 2 thirds has been stinking.

I’ll feel sorry for Arbroath or Morton if they finish 9th because we deserve to, had this been a full 36 game season we could well be going straight down, fortunately we ran out of games for that to happen.

whoever finished in 9th has done so on merit and I will have no problems accepting it because we can’t say we have been unlucky. We were rotten with Smith and Sinisalo in the team, we were rotten with Moffat in the team.....we have been rotten.

hopefully the team got a boot up the arse from the chairman and any Magaluf trip has been cancelled for this group of chancing b*****ds. 

58 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

If we stay up it is because we escaped and were lucky. We deserve to go down. The form in the first part of the season has kept up out the bottom 2 so far but the form of the final 2 thirds has been stinking.

I’ll feel sorry for Arbroath or Morton if they finish 9th because we deserve to, had this been a full 36 game season we could well be going straight down, fortunately we ran out of games for that to happen.

whoever finished in 9th has done so on merit and I will have no problems accepting it because we can’t say we have been unlucky. We were rotten with Smith and Sinisalo in the team, we were rotten with Moffat in the team.....we have been rotten.

hopefully the team got a boot up the arse from the chairman and any Magaluf trip has been cancelled for this group of chancing b*****ds. 

Whoever finishes 9h deserves to finish 9th. If you finish 7th or 8th, you deserve to stay up.

Why would you feel sorry for us? We have won 2 of our last 17 games ffs.  We are just as pish as you and are still just about favourites to finish 9th.  We find it very hard scoring at the minute, never mind winning.

It going to be a battle, but literally anything could and probably will happen over the next 2 games.

12 hours ago, rb123! said:

That's the spirit.....

The next Covid restrictions are due to be lifted on the 17th May, which could mean fans would be allowed in for a game on the 18th potentially, scenes if that happened. Since when was the final on the Tuesday? Is that just for this year, usually always at the weekend the last game.

It would be seen as an unfair advantage for the home side to allow fans to just the 2nd leg (even though the opposite could be true if the fans get on their back).

They have said they are in discussions to have some fans at the playoffs, not just that 1 game based on restrictions easing.

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

I’ll feel sorry for Arbroath or Morton if they finish 9th because we deserve to,

The team who finished 9th deserves it no matter what 1 of the 3 , over the season they have been the second worst team 

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

If anyone is looking for cheering up, I present you the Falkirk thread. 🤣

I'll make a note to sit and enjoy a read through it IF we win on Saturday.  Can't be sitting laughing at everyone having a total meltdown on the thread of a team who could well be sending us down in a couple of weeks time haha

Edited by Hursty

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Ooft imagine that. I have no doubt we would have finished 10th if that was the case. Small mercies and all that.

I'm resigned to us going down and have been for a few weeks now. Not another penny from me.