The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

18 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

If 25% is the figure for Somerset, I’m sure ST could fill that number 3 times over. 

That is supposedly the current projection ( changes regularly)  , season tickets last season just under 800 , 

Edited by Robbo63

Full crowds should be allowed in come the start of the season giving everyone in the at risks groups will have been vaccinated. 

I was hoping watching games on a stream would be a thing of the past after the Inverness game/ playoffs. 

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

Full crowds should be allowed in come the start of the season giving everyone in the at risks groups will have been vaccinated. 

I was hoping watching games on a stream would be a thing of the past after the Inverness game/ playoffs. 

Cant see it being full capacity going by guidelines up to level 0 , think they will do a certain percentage which will cover all clubs and not ground specific ( can’t see it being an issue at Somerset ) but could effect opposition fans travelling to some of the smaller grounds 

5 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Cant see it being full capacity going by guidelines up to level 0 , think they will do a certain percentage which will cover all clubs and not ground specific ( can’t see it being an issue at Somerset ) but could effect opposition fans travelling to some of the smaller grounds 

So are we just never going to get back to normal crowds? 

The current situation in SA is 6 (SIX) cases per 100000. It’s utterly fucking ludicrous we can’t have 25% now, never mind being allowed more come August. 

Not that I’m actually bothered mind 😂

Edited by No_Problemo

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:
That is supposedly the current projection ( changes regularly)  , season tickets last season just under 800 , 

Do you mean 800 for the season 19/20?

If its 25% of Somerset then that's a touch over 3,000 fans that could be allowed in, which isn't too bad (especially if we go down). That said, I can imagine things like walk ups not being so easy, unfortunately, which may well have an influence on how many non season ticket holders go along. Spontaneity could well be out the window for the next wee while.

As steaming is set to continue, if we can upgrade it to a similar quality that other clubs seem to be offering (was impressed with Arbroath) then I'd be tempted to pay for a season ticket (if that was included) as I can't always get down to Ayr living in Edinburgh.

Edited by super_carson

7 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Neither Moffat or Dre Wright are good striking options

I would definitely play Moffat if he is fit but Dre is a waste of a jersey. I'd rather we just play a more defensive formation and play for a draw (assuming Morton lose to Hearts of course).

Hopkin said about McKenzie playing with a broken nose in the post match interview however i never brought it up because i presumed he'd meant to say Josh Todd.

2 players with broken noses is some luck, either that Aaron Muirhead is doing some punches to players after training behind cars at the back of the car park.

I've never heard an ayr player injured because of a broken nose .never mind two at the same time .remember big jamie broke something or split his head open and played with the blood soaked jersey .what a guy. 
He did both I think!
He broke his face early on in (I think) the opening league game at Albion Rovers, you can hear the crack in the highlights, horrific!

8 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I've never heard an ayr player injured because of a broken nose .never mind two at the same time .remember big jamie broke something or split his head open and played with the blood soaked jersey .what a guy. 

Terry Butcher esque

42 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

He did both I think!
He broke his face early on in (I think) the opening league game at Albion Rovers, you can hear the crack in the highlights, horrific!

Aye, that injury was aboslutely horrific at Albion Rovers. Did he not need a plate fitted as well? I seem to recall we didn't even get the foul! 🙄

58 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

That bloody Stranraer game Shankland got sent off in, Jamie was cutting about POTY with a big shiner