The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, super_carson said:

VoR sayibg McKenzie is out for the season now. Surely can't be for just a broken nose, must be a concussion Issue?

I’d imagine trying to run about and play football with a broken nose would be extremely difficult. Breathing issues and of course the fact it could get hit again.

15 minutes ago, super_carson said:

VoR sayibg McKenzie is out for the season now. Surely can't be for just a broken nose, must be a concussion Issue?

It’s a serious break , he needs surgery which includes totally re breaking and putting back together 

1 minute ago, HeathrowAUFC said:

Just walked past Cambusdoon with the dog, fully expecting to see them well into a session but the place was deserted. Perhaps a heart to heart within the privacy of Somerset this morning?

Maybe sent down the beach to run until the end of the season?

It’s a serious break , he needs surgery which includes totally re breaking and putting back together 
Ah not quite as straight forward then. I've broken my beak quite a few times but never had to get surgery on it!

Tough break (no pun intended) for the lad, but you shouldn't mess about with head injuries.

48 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Why was he allowed to finish the game on Saturday?

Damage was not so apparent until X-rays were taken , there was some talk regarding surgery being delayed , not aware of outcome 

Edited by Robbo63

I'd say playing both Wright and Moffat or playing neither are preferable options to playing either one of them alone. Wright as a target man with Moffat, McCowan and Walsh off him should be a group capable of putting one or two chances together.

16 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Is Dre really an option ? 

I don’t know, was he not looking decent in training last week? Surely as our only real out and out striker he’s got to play? I really don’t know what else we can do up front? Moff with Walsh just off him? 

1 minute ago, ecocme said:

I don’t know, was he not looking decent in training last week? Surely as our only real out and out striker he’s got to play? I really don’t know what else we can do up front? Moff with Walsh just off him? 

He was looking great in training but did not bring it to his game on Saturday , I agree that he should by tried with Moffat with McCowan and Walsh supporting from midfield 

Wright might end up being a total dud but people can't say they've given him much of a chance to prove himself either way. He's hardly playing in a team that's creating many chances either. 

For me he's unlikely to have ever been 100% match fit at any time this season through coming in mid season and then being injured for a good part of his time with us and coming back in a team bereft of confidence isn't helping either. 

He made the League of Ireland team of the season when he was there. People may scoff at this but the standard's not that bad generally. 

Two hat tricks in his next two games will get people onside I'm sure. Who's looking forward to getting Saturday out of the way?! 😉

14 minutes ago, ecocme said:

He was absolutely shite at the weekend, it has to be Moffat up front with Walsh and McCowan behind him. Our only capable football players.