The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

With the talk of fans going to training to air their opinions (or flag) plus the banner perhaps needing to be used again, it just makes me think of the bad old days under Roberts. Hard to believe 3 years ago we were close to celebrating the greatest day in our history (imo) and now fans are at odds with one another, the chairman is taking to social media, a manager and team who look so disinterested. Sad state of affairs. 

I dont think I'll buy any more  streams this season and I wont if we're in League 1 and fans still aren't allowed in. I'll definitely go to games though. I owe that to my late Dad. He supported the team through thick and thin and I'll do the same. Just hope we somehow get out of this relegation mess we're in 🤞

I don’t see any other way for fans to make their feelings known currently other than either venting on social media or turning up to training.

I don’t have any illusions that the players are fans of the club. Even Moffat has a “big team” but you assume that players have professional pride in what they are doing.

The concern with under 21 leagues is that players develop without playing in front of a crowd and then can’t handle the pressure when they do. This team feels like they are playing with no consequence. They get paid regardless of the result and if they don’t get signed up next season will find another club. They aren’t going out and getting abuse for being lazy or lacking heart or feeling praise for doing something well. every one of the players has experience but are playing like 18 year olds without a care in the world and need 2000 people booing them off the park when they perform the way they have been

As I've said on this thread before, your squad is clearly weaker than it was last season and your squad last season was weaker than the season before in Shankand's last season with you.  

I think you were spoiled with having him there, When he left it was fairly obvious that you wouldn't be as good.  The squad you have this season doesn't exactly scream 'promotion to the Premiership', despite a few on here saying it was easily a promotion play off quality squad.  There's 5 teams who definitely have more quality, perhaps QOTS too, that combined with Kerr and Hopkin being utter shite managers this season has you looking down the way instead of being comfortable in 5th or 6th.

Gazza has just turned up with a fishing rod and some chicken
How did he catch chicken with a fishing rod?[emoji848]

Our best hope is for both us and Morton to lose our remaining games and we stay up on goal difference. I don't think Morton will lose all their games though. They might be mince but I'm not sure they are our brand of spineless mince.

We quite simply need to beat QoS and hope Mortons results go in out favour as we certainly won't be battling our way out of this at Inverness.

For me our season is summed up by McCowan, who is now our best player. At the start of the season there was some undoubted moments of brilliance, and some dig. Was it the queens game that he got sent off, which to me seemed more down to frustration at things not going well / not playing well. He had the look of someone who cared about his performance and wanted to help the club get the results, even if putting the boot in was sometimes not the right way to go about it.

On Saturday as Arbroath new he was our only attacking threat crowded him out so never had a chance. I was expecting at least a yellow card from him the way things were going but even he didnt seem to have any fight left in him.

For me Baird was by far the worst, he reminded me of a Sunday league player that had been out on bender on the saturday night, had been dragged out his bed by his mates and chucked it after the first goal. Although the first goal was a mess by the keeper, I think it was Baird and someone wlse who stood and watched, i think it was the 2nd the ball was played in behind Houston and Baird stood and watched for a few seconds before reacting, and again with Barjonas' square ball he was stood watching and didn't react.

We clearly need a huge clear out over the summer but it has to start with Baird. At the moment I would only be keeping Reading, Muirhead, McCowan and McKenzie and hoping we can keep Ndaba if Ipswich release him, maybe Moff as well as back only though.

From hearing what hte Livi fans have said though, it sounds like Hopkins works best with players that suit his style of play, and are hard working - im willing to give him a chance to see how it pans out next season, but Saturday was hard to take.

59 minutes ago, honestly united said:

For me our season is summed up by McCowan, who is now our best player. At the start of the season there was some undoubted moments of brilliance, and some dig. Was it the queens game that he got sent off, which to me seemed more down to frustration at things not going well / not playing well. He had the look of someone who cared about his performance and wanted to help the club get the results, even if putting the boot in was sometimes not the right way to go about it.

On Saturday as Arbroath new he was our only attacking threat crowded him out so never had a chance. I was expecting at least a yellow card from him the way things were going but even he didnt seem to have any fight left in him.

For me Baird was by far the worst, he reminded me of a Sunday league player that had been out on bender on the saturday night, had been dragged out his bed by his mates and chucked it after the first goal. Although the first goal was a mess by the keeper, I think it was Baird and someone wlse who stood and watched, i think it was the 2nd the ball was played in behind Houston and Baird stood and watched for a few seconds before reacting, and again with Barjonas' square ball he was stood watching and didn't react.

We clearly need a huge clear out over the summer but it has to start with Baird. At the moment I would only be keeping Reading, Muirhead, McCowan and McKenzie and hoping we can keep Ndaba if Ipswich release him, maybe Moff as well as back only though.

From hearing what hte Livi fans have said though, it sounds like Hopkins works best with players that suit his style of play, and are hard working - im willing to give him a chance to see how it pans out next season, but Saturday was hard to take.

Yet worryingly Hopkin said he rates Baird from his time at Morton. He's been one of our quietest captains, sure we aren't there but you can hear/see others (Muirhead mainly) shouting and organising on the streams. He needs that armband taken off him as the first course of action over the summer, as he will be with us next season. 

Yet worryingly Hopkin said he rates Baird from his time at Morton. He's been one of our quietest captains, sure we aren't there but you can hear/see others (Muirhead mainly) shouting and organising on the streams. He needs that armband taken off him as the first course of action over the summer, as he will be with us next season. 

I’m sure he might rate him but he basically signalled a warning to the guys on two year deals that aren’t performing well enough. After Saturday I’d say Houston and Baird could be heading out the door after those comments.

If I remember correctly when we signed him St Mirren fans said Baird was okay with an experienced head beside him at the back Muirhead has played RB or midfield most of the season and with Bell leaving he's not had that, no excuse for his performances though

Which makes me wonder who from this bunch I’d actually want to keep. There’s a thread already on here but I can’t be arsed finding it for what is essentially us telling all our players to get to f**k.

PJ Morrison - Punt. He’s just a short term option and although he had a good save against Arbroath he also let in that soft header and didn’t really do much else to make me excited about him.

Peter Urminsky - Punt. Another short term option and I’d only really keep him if he was willing to be our backup. We normally save a bit of money that way and use an academy goalie on the bench so I don’t think he’ll be back.

Jordan Houston - Punt. This will be harder as he’s still got a year on his contract and I’d say he’ll probably go on to do quite well somewhere else but Hopkin is most likely going to play with wingbacks and Houston isn’t good enough going forward to be the sole wide attacker on that side and also isn’t good enough defensively to make up for this.

Paddy Reading - Keep. There’s definitely a player in there and I think he’ll suit being a wing back far more than a full back. He’s struggled at times this season but there’s no doubt he can get forward well enough so maybe just needs to touch up the other side of his game.

Jack Baird - Punt. No explanation needed.

Aaron Muirhead - Keep. Our only reliable defender this season and should be fine for another couple seasons at this level.

Sam Roscoe - Punt. Bombscare defender.

Corrie Ndaba - Keep. Absolutely no chance of keeping him but we can dream.

Michael Miller - Keep. Reliable enough and hard working. 6,7/10 most weeks imo.

Andy Murdoch - Keep. Not shown it this season but I think injury has affected him. Keep him for the rest of his contract and see if he can get back to his best.

Joe Chalmers - Punt. He’s slow. That’s all I really have to say about Joe.

Jamie Barjonas - Punt. Barely seen him tbh which would be fine if he hasn’t been playing but I genuinely rarely notice him in games.

Josh Todd - Undecided. Normally this would be a punt but he genuinely has barely played and I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt based on his time at QOS. Suspect he’ll be punted anyway.

Tom Walsh - Undecided. I really don’t know about this one. He has shown glimpses of what he can do but that’s all it’s been. Other times he’s looked disinterested. If Hopkin can build a horrible, nasty, hard working team and give his guy a bit of freedom to play off a striker then it might just work. I think he’ll maybe be away though.

Michael Moffat - Keep. He gets let off easy because of who he is and what we all know he’s capable of on his day. Likely be mixing playing with coaching next season.

Luke McCowan - Keep. Our chances of keeping him dwindle more and more every week but I remain hopeful.

Andre Wright - Punt. He’s just shite.

Mark McKenzie - Keep. Still got work to do in order to be our main striker but he’s got good potential.

Craig Moore - Keep. He’ll probably be punted as Hopkin doesn’t have the same level of loyalty to him as McCall and Kerr did but I’d quite like the wee guy to stay.

So that’s a definite 9 keeps with at least one of them definitely not staying and another one maybe away. Lot of work needing done in the summer.

Is Walsh not only on a 1 year deal anyway?  Rumours were he wanted to stay with us but we wanted him for another 2 years and Ayr United offered him a 1 year deal so signed for them.

Is Walsh not only on a 1 year deal anyway?  Rumours were he wanted to stay with us but we wanted him for another 2 years and Ayr United offered him a 1 year deal so signed for them.

Aye something like that. I think in his head he had one more year at this level then he’d get a move to the Premiership. I can’t see that materialising after the season he’s had with us.

Keep:

Aaron Muirhead- Give him the captaincy. 

Luke McCowan- I suspect he may well be away in the summer and definitely will if we’re relegated 

Tom Walsh- Hasn’t been great this season but I’d keep him:. Clearly a very technically gifted footballer.

Craig Moore- if it wasn’t for the fact that we look to be replacing our entire strike force I’d possibly let him go but I think he is very capable at this level.

Michael Miller- On a two year deal and can play in various positions. I’d keep him, not as a starter though.

Patrick Reading- Hasn’t been great but neither was Daniel Harvie in his first season. Good going forward which is crucial with wing backs. Needs to work on his crossing 

Corrie Ndaba- Not a chance this is happening btw 

Punt the rest of them. 

The sad thing is even with the players mentioned I wouldn’t be overly upset to see any of them leave. 

Which makes me wonder who from this bunch I’d actually want to keep. There’s a thread already on here but I can’t be arsed finding it for what is essentially us telling all our players to get to f**k.

PJ Morrison - Punt. He’s just a short term option and although he had a good save against Arbroath he also let in that soft header and didn’t really do much else to make me excited about him.

Peter Urminsky - Punt. Another short term option and I’d only really keep him if he was willing to be our backup. We normally save a bit of money that way and use an academy goalie on the bench so I don’t think he’ll be back.

Jordan Houston - Punt. This will be harder as he’s still got a year on his contract and I’d say he’ll probably go on to do quite well somewhere else but Hopkin is most likely going to play with wingbacks and Houston isn’t good enough going forward to be the sole wide attacker on that side and also isn’t good enough defensively to make up for this.

Paddy Reading - Keep. There’s definitely a player in there and I think he’ll suit being a wing back far more than a full back. He’s struggled at times this season but there’s no doubt he can get forward well enough so maybe just needs to touch up the other side of his game.

Jack Baird - Punt. No explanation needed.

Aaron Muirhead - Keep. Our only reliable defender this season and should be fine for another couple seasons at this level.

Sam Roscoe - Punt. Bombscare defender.

Corrie Ndaba - Keep. Absolutely no chance of keeping him but we can dream.

Michael Miller - Keep. Reliable enough and hard working. 6,7/10 most weeks imo.

Andy Murdoch - Keep. Not shown it this season but I think injury has affected him. Keep him for the rest of his contract and see if he can get back to his best.

Joe Chalmers - Punt. He’s slow. That’s all I really have to say about Joe.

Jamie Barjonas - Punt. Barely seen him tbh which would be fine if he hasn’t been playing but I genuinely rarely notice him in games.

Josh Todd - Undecided. Normally this would be a punt but he genuinely has barely played and I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt based on his time at QOS. Suspect he’ll be punted anyway.

Tom Walsh - Undecided. I really don’t know about this one. He has shown glimpses of what he can do but that’s all it’s been. Other times he’s looked disinterested. If Hopkin can build a horrible, nasty, hard working team and give his guy a bit of freedom to play off a striker then it might just work. I think he’ll maybe be away though.

Michael Moffat - Keep. He gets let off easy because of who he is and what we all know he’s capable of on his day. Likely be mixing playing with coaching next season.

Luke McCowan - Keep. Our chances of keeping him dwindle more and more every week but I remain hopeful.

Andre Wright - Punt. He’s just shite.

Mark McKenzie - Keep. Still got work to do in order to be our main striker but he’s got good potential.

Craig Moore - Keep. He’ll probably be punted as Hopkin doesn’t have the same level of loyalty to him as McCall and Kerr did but I’d quite like the wee guy to stay.

So that’s a definite 9 keeps with at least one of them definitely not staying and another one maybe away. Lot of work needing done in the summer.
I was trying to be really sympathetic towards this crowd and was wondering if there's a place for Chalmers in a team that has a few uncompromising b*****ds in the side.
Unfortunately such is the nature of our fans (or fans in general) he'd be on such a hiding to nothing immediately that one wrong step and he could be an empty jersey again, so I'm not sure he's even worth the gamble.

Whether we're in L1 or Championship next season, I'd keep Reading, Muirhead, Murdoch, McCowan and Moffat (McKenzie is staying obvs). The rest, I'd gtf out irrespective of where we're playing.

Eta: I'm probably being harsh on Miller here, and he's performed for Hopkin before so I imagine he'll be around. Harsh on Moore as well so he could be a keep and loan out to see where he's at.

Todd has looked lively in possession and has fought to win the ball back once he has lost it. 
When he doesn’t have the ball he isn’t involved at all. 

when McCall took over he questioned the fitness and said to many players were hiding during games and not looking for a pass. We have the same problem now but I don’t think the players are hiding, they just don’t look interested. A boot up the park to a player under 6 foot. If they win the ball, there is no support because we are playing  2 defenders in midfield, or they don’t win the ball and it is returned straight at us and putting the back line immediately under pressure. We have done this in the last 5-6 games.

Hopkin looks like he has thrown his hands up and blamed the players, accepted we won’t win another game until he changes the players. 
the players look like they are just turning up and going through the motions

it has been the most frustrating season as an Ayr fan. Had we sacked Kerr 6 weeks earlier we could have ended up with John Hughes or Tommy Wright as manager. We didn’t and have ended up with a manager that looks like he has conceded our league place and is blaming his tools. 

Regardless of league I'd hope Moore is kept on, someone else mentioned that if we stayed up loaning him out to a league 1 side for the first half of next season wouldn't be a bad idea. If/when (are we just accepting now or holding on still?) we go down he absolutely has to be a starter for us, the club have stood by him so you'd hope he has a sense of loyalty and wanting to pay back. It can't have been easy for him to sit and watch this gang all season knowing he could probably have been involved and made a difference up top.