The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:
37 minutes ago, rb123! said:
They're not exactly going to be going down to say good job are they

Obviously not, but it is possible to remind them the fans care and let them know the feelings within the support without resorting to abuse

I think that’s been made well aware on social media which has been picked up by the owner , I would put money on him going to training and having a word with the team and also he will certainly make the management team aware of the fans criticism ( that is justified)

You could be right about an open conversation , but as many have said above it will have no effect as too many have given up this season
You don't know that it won't have an affect unless it happens, reckon the few players that actually have shown to care like Muirhead and possibly Mccowan would welcome it and use it to get the rest of the players up for the remaining games

4 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:
7 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:
You could be right about an open conversation , but as many have said above it will have no effect as too many have given up this season

You don't know that it won't have an affect unless it happens, reckon the few players that actually have shown to care like Muirhead and possibly Mccowan would welcome it and use it to get the rest of the players up for the remaining games

I think along with the vast majority of people here , doing this with 2 games to go will have next to no effect , Muirhead and McCowan have had plenty of time to get the players up for it , we have been poor for almost a full season and now a number of players will know they are on their way out so it would mean zilch to them , times like this the only people who feel the pain is us fans and the guys who have passion for the club which in my mind is only around 2/3 players 

Edited by Robbo63

Firstly well done the chairman and I think we should all back the guy and regardless what happens get on with it we’re going to the play offs with I would say half the squad who couldn’t give a shit about our predicament and take what’s coming. I don’t think any manager would change things with the lot we’ve got and this is unprecedented this year, the squad we have is down to Kerr I have no doubt and they are fortunate the fans are not in to let them know that.

if it’s the seaside league it’s not the end of the world but we must follow Falkirk and Raith model and  Build a good squad to get back stronger than ever, that will mean investment and that league is the time to do it and the chairman I’m sure will back that, whether Hopkin is the man I’m not sure but let’s just get on with it and stop kidding ourselves that this lot will get us out of this mess.

56 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

You are probably right but what’s the alternative? Just continue to do nothing and hope by some miracle we manage to stumble across the line. 

Again, these players would probably laugh at the prospect of a banner up at the training ground. 

I suppose in the grand scheme of things there's nothing to lose, but there would be nothing to gain either. 

27 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Firstly well done the chairman and I think we should all back the guy and regardless what happens get on with it we’re going to the play offs with I would say half the squad who couldn’t give a shit about our predicament and take what’s coming. I don’t think any manager would change things with the lot we’ve got and this is unprecedented this year, the squad we have is down to Kerr I have no doubt and they are fortunate the fans are not in to let them know that.

I agree, I think that it is to be welcomed that Smith is putting out his message directly on social media. In the past, a chairman would have spoken to a friendly journalist to get his point across but these days I think they need to use social media channels. However he will need to develop a thick skin and probably get someone to manage an account for him otherwise I think the level of abuse/trolling would get to him eventually.

I think it was the late Bob Crampsie who said that football is different from other businesses because "people don't turn up at the IBM factory in Spango Valley every week to watch computers trundle off the production line". I hope that Smith isn't going to be pushed by the emotion of the game into changing direction too hastily. If things aren't working then revise the plan but five weeks isn't enough time to prove or disprove anything about a plan.

Ever since the 3-2 capitulation at Morton it has been clear that this team is very fragile. I am not sure what Hopkin can do now - I can see he has been reluctant to slate the players publicly until now - but I don't think three at the back is working and he might as well revert to the formation we had when we took over and just play for the draw. If we can get two draws, given our slightly better GD that may be enough.

3 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I might be wrong but Hopkin doesnt strike me as a manager who'd stand and have a discussion with fans (like Brian Rice did). 

A few of our ex-players said he was impressively scary if you'd pissed him off :D So, probably not, no.

My son is 5 and a half and is choking to go to his first game having watched a few of them on telly with me this season and obviously not grasped how bad its been.  He also got this ball signed by David Hopkin through that Honest Men Picks thing.  Can't wait to one day sit him down, show him the ball and say "let me tell you about season 20/21 son" 🤣

20210418_193532.jpg

Edited by Hursty

I've read David Smith's statement and to be honest if people are actually taking the bother to contact him for a whinge and a moan and to call the guy out they can't truly call themselves fans in my book. As dreadful as this season has been, and there can be no doubt that it has been, this is just one season of 110 the club has been in existence. Regardless of what happens over the next two games there's always a bigger picture.

I was disgusted by Saturday's performance, did I feel inclined to contact the owner to tell him exactly what I thought?

I've watched so many on here recently say they won't be back, won't buy streams, won't buy season tickets, cancelling direct debits for this that or tother yadda yadda yadda. Each to their own but Is this really the behaviour of a true fan of the club? Does this really help in the grander scheme of things? 

We can all disagree with decisions, the style of football, formations or any of the cosmetic stuff but Birthday card pish or not they'll need to carry me out in a pine box for me not to go and watch my team, regardless of where they are, who they're playing, who the manager is or what league they're in. That's just the way I am, the way I believed supporting your team was meant to be.

We've actually got an owner with real ambitions for the club. In the much bigger picture that is still something to believe in, to hold onto and look forward to. It's not from some Saudi prince who's just flown into Prestwick on a whim and bought us because Tam O'Shanter was his favourite Burns poem but from a fan, like any one of us on here, who is lucky enough financially to be able to do what everyone of us would love to if we got 6 numbers up on a Saturday.

That doesn't mean we've got to agree with every decision that's made, who he chooses to be manager or what colour the away strip's going to be but the least we can do is let the guy have a Saturday night in to hurt like the rest of the us were. We owe him that much at least.

There's always a bigger picture.