The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Picking Dre Wright over Moffat btw, the guy isn’t on the same stratosphere as Moffat in terms of any kind of footballing ability. He’s fucking hopeless. 

We have three footballers, and two potential goal scorers despite Walsh underperforming. Just play Moffat, Walsh and McCowan. Get the ball on the deck and actually get the best out of our only good players. 
Not going to happen, is it? It's shell it or nothing. Look how quickly the keeper was getting rid of it. Teams know their centre backs just need to win the ball and we then have nothing.

Just now, edinburghhonestman said:
44 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:
Picking Dre Wright over Moffat btw, the guy isn’t on the same stratosphere as Moffat in terms of any kind of footballing ability. He’s fucking hopeless. 

We have three footballers, and two potential goal scorers despite Walsh underperforming. Just play Moffat, Walsh and McCowan. Get the ball on the deck and actually get the best out of our only good players. 

Not going to happen, is it? It's shell it or nothing. Look how quickly the keeper was getting rid of it. Teams know their centre backs just need to win the ball and we then have nothing.

Completely agree, it’s infuriating though. We don’t have many good players but negate every one with the shire tactics.

44 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

He looks like a player though. Impressive looking athlete. You see a lot of them in this league, usually on loan.... Moffat a million times better but he looks like a Sunday league player so unfortunately he will have to sit on bench 

I think it's clear that Davie Smith is having to make big decisions quickly and definitely far sooner than he would've hoped after taking over from Lachlan. 

Its not beyond the realms that despite his success in the building sector that he's in big need of help beside him, someone with experience of the game.  This is hugely worrying in the bigger picture as we struggle to get over the finishing line in staying up with a rookie owner, a manager that's struggling and a squad bereft of confidence and heart. 

He needs to watch that his goodwill with the fans doesn't dissipate quickly as well, we've seen he can make tough decisions in sacking Mark Kerr, it's whether he can identify the necessary solutions that will determine our success. 

8 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

League One

Aye, going back to the seaside without trying a fucking leg. This is the worst Championship/Division 1 team we've ever had imo. 

Can anyone be arsed with the playoffs? This team will get ragdolled by any League One team.

There is a tiny slither of hope that Morton could draw 1 and lose 2 of their last 3 and we squeak safety. That's the straw I'm clutching tightly.

I don't want to go back to League One!

Emotion Reaction GIF

Edited by Trogdor

27 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:
1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Aye their 4th goal came from that.  Our keeper had it, shells it up the park before anyone even has time to get up, it ends up out for their throw in and a wee bit of quick thinking means they score from it.   Its the worst style of football I've ever seen an Ayr team play and I simply can't understand understand the logic behind it.  I'm all for playing direct football football when there is a method to it but we just seem to deliberately shell it to nobody and look so astonishingly unlike ever scoring a goal from it that its hard to put into words just how bad it is.    Only the absolute diehards will be paying 20 quid to watch that next season if nothing changes and I can only salute them.  

Fucking grim state of affairs when you'd actually prefer Kerr to still be manager.

No way we are winning a playoff against Thistle or Falkirk.

Only sliver of hope I had was that Morton would out shite us but I think that's gone now.

That quote from Hopkin smacks of a manager trying to distance himself from a team that is going down.  The problem isn’t him, it’s the players.  We saw how the Raith players responded to that approach a couple of seasons back.  Simple fact is that we were never this bad under Kerr with the players showing a bit of heart under White and finding  a  couple of decent results.  Hopkin has made us worse in every department and now wants to point the finger at the players.  No chance I’m renewing my season ticket.  

8 minutes ago, HMIP said:

That quote from Hopkin smacks of a manager trying to distance himself from a team that is going down.  The problem isn’t him, it’s the players.  We saw how the Raith players responded to that approach a couple of seasons back.  Simple fact is that we were never this bad under Kerr with the players showing a bit of heart under White and finding  a  couple of decent results.  Hopkin has made us worse in every department and now wants to point the finger at the players.  No chance I’m renewing my season ticket.  

Aye.  Absolutely nothing in there other than "it's the players no listening".    It's painfully obvious it will be same again next 2 weeks and ICT away on the last day could well be an absolute humiliation of a scoreline 

24 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Aye their 4th goal came from that.  Our keeper had it, shells it up the park before anyone even has time to get up, it ends up out for their throw in and a wee bit of quick thinking means they score from it.   Its the worst style of football I've ever seen an Ayr team play and I simply can't understand understand the logic behind it.  I'm all for playing direct football football when there is a method to it but we just seem to deliberately shell it to nobody and look so astonishingly unlike ever scoring a goal from it that its hard to put into words just how bad it is.    Only the absolute diehards will be paying 20 quid to watch that next season if nothing changes and I can only salute them.  

Basically sums it up. 

I don’t even think it was quick thinking at the fourth goal though, just disgraceful, not giving a f**k defending. 

20 minutes ago, HMIP said:

This is spot on. When I read Hopkin's comments I shuddered as if John Hughes had walked over my grave. 

"I can coach them but..." is such a cop out. You're the coach. You can coach them, full stop. This Ayr Utd squad might not win any medals any time soon, but the task is just not to be as bad as two other teams in this division. There are a lot of managers who an do that. Mark Kerr was making a better fist of it. 

The "do you want to be here next season?" thing is also straight out of Yogi's playbook, and it's (predictably) a fucking nonsense. With respect, there aren't many players in the country who see Ayr Utd as the pinnacle of their aspirations. Do I want to be here next season? Sure. But if another club at roughly the same level offer me an extra fifty quid or are ten minutes closer to the house, I could just as easily go there. 

It's such an abdication of responsibility. You're the manager. They're your players. You've got two games left. Stop trying to make it about bigger issues. It's not about what players have done before, or will do in future, (or, Mr Hughes, about "society"). Its about the fact you've taken on a job that you appear to be failing at. The least you can do is own it. 

Alll Hopkin had to do was steady the ship and put a rocket up a few players backsides.  Granted there would still have been some horror shows but I think we’d have just scraped over the line.  Instead we have tried to change our style in the middle of a relegation scrap and the wrong type of players. . Our higher earners and experienced players have been benched being replaced with younger players not entirely proven at this level. I get there were reasons for dropping some but he’s surely found out the replacements are more of the same. Not sure sticking with his system will get us far currently. Would rather revert back to more of a Davie Whyte team for the remaining games 

I'm not sure Hopkin's touchline style will suit players of this day and age. He shouts and bawls at them in quite an aggressive tone. The modern day players dont want to listen to hard truths. It's quite clear with no fans on their back they really dont care 

Edited by Thereisalight..

Honestly instead of watching the second half I watched paint dry! My deck looks great now! 

Hopkin can gtf. Most of this squad  can gtf. We are going down and will finish mid table in L1 as we won’t beat Alloa etc. 

hope Moore is fit enough to get some game time as I’d play him Mckenzie and Moffat together in a three where possible. The donkey Wright is just here as a wage thief and I don’t want to see him in the team again 

Edited by ryanayr1987