The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

24 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

And say what?

That today was a total abomination and that performances like today's won't be tolerated by a football club who are apparently a full time professional outfit. He won't of course, but he definitely should. He's writing the cheques every week and crucially decided to change managers. 

That was as big a gutless, spineless performance as I can remember in nearly 40 years watching this team. 

The vast majority of today's team are an absolute disgrace to the players who would have died in action for this club over our long history. 

Can Hopkin turn it around, for the last two games or next season if he's still here? I hope so but can't for the life of me see it. 

18 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:

The players might be a shower, but that's a failure in management, coaching and tactics

This exactly word for word. It's not unheard of for a new manager to come in, rattle a few cages and results then follow. 

Amazingly, we've gone backwards. Although the majority were prepared to give Hopkin a chance, we've actually regressed. Anybody looking to defend him please take that in.

We were warned by Morton fans as to what may happen. I never expected it by the middle of April though. 

What kind of a statement is that, asking them on Monday who wants to be there next year, what a f——— joke, they are not playing for you absolutely obvious and bringing Roscoe back in to the team when you and we all know he is s——. He was s—— early in the season how was he going to improve. The irony of his old team surviving On the back of our performances and taking us down dear oh dear.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

And say what? Smith will have known about the very real threat of relegation and will give Hopkin the start of next season as well. I have no great feelings towards the manager so I really couldn’t care less if he left or not. All I know is it’s extremely unlikely we’ll make a change without letting him make changes to the playing squad and giving him a proper pre season to work with them. I also don’t think there’s any merit in sacking him right now. We’re not getting someone in for two games and potentially the play offs. Not anyone that’s any good that is.

The players showed more heart and desire in the two games under Davie White and Tommy Tait for fucks sake. They clearly haven’t bought in to Hopkin’s style. 

Smith wasn’t scared to sack Kerr and hopefully won’t shy away from big decisions when necessary. He’s a fan though and absolutely no experience in running a football club.  The whole club has been rotten to the core this season from the shite streams to the shite managers to the shite bag players. 

I’m so fucking pissed off with this club right now. All the hard work over the last 4-5 years looks fucked now!  Let’s be honest we’ve only managed one full season in the championship before we’re back down again! 

Picking Dre Wright over Moffat btw, the guy isn’t on the same stratosphere as Moffat in terms of any kind of footballing ability. He’s fucking hopeless. 

We have three footballers, and two potential goal scorers despite Walsh underperforming. Just play Moffat, Walsh and McCowan. Get the ball on the deck and actually get the best out of our only good players. 

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Picking Dre Wright over Moffat btw, the guy isn’t on the same stratosphere as Moffat in terms of any kind of footballing ability. He’s fucking hopeless. 

We have three footballers, and two potential goal scorers despite Walsh underperforming. Just play Moffat, Walsh and McCowan. Get the ball on the deck and actually get the best out of our only good players. 

Moffat has been gash this season as well tbf. One on one with the GK so many times and he hits it straight at him. 

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

Moffat has been gash this season as well tbf. One on one with the GK so many times and he hits it straight at him. 

Yeah, he isn’t a goal scorer - but he offers something if you get footballers alongside him and don’t just shell the ball in his general direction. When did we last create a chance that meant someone had a one on one!

Flying in training this week though...

1 minute ago, super_carson said:

If we are being optimistic, if you're a fan of him, we might see Moore play this season. In the play offs.

eta i am being tongue in cheek (although I do like him).

Would be completely unfair on Moore tbh.

12 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Yeah, he isn’t a goal scorer - but he offers something if you get footballers alongside him and don’t just shell the ball in his general direction. When did we last create a chance that meant someone had a one on one!

True! 

I remember he was one on one v Jamie MacDonald in the Raith game at Somerset last month and fcked it