The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I was basing it on his comments, if it is supposed to be a rallying cry, he has misjudged the mood of the fans
At this stage he can misjudge the mood of the fans all he wants, if it is the best temperature for how the team respond right now then so be it.

Two year deal for McKenzie. Good to see us trying to sign up younger academy players on longer deals. There's a player in there somewhere but he's still rough around the edges. Happy to see he's getting a chance though, clearly works hard and deserves a chance.

Don't think we would hear too much else about other signings till we know what league we play in next year, but still nice to see some forward planning.

McKenzie has a lot to do to get up to speed at this level. Looking at the Dundee game, there’s definitely something there so hopefully we see him developing over the two years. If we stay up a loan deal for the first half of next season to league one wouldn’t be a bad thing. He’ll more than likely be playing for us in league one though.

20 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

McKenzie has a lot to do to get up to speed at this level. Looking at the Dundee game, there’s definitely something there so hopefully we see him developing over the two years. If we stay up a loan deal for the first half of next season to league one wouldn’t be a bad thing. He’ll more than likely be playing for us in league one though.

Two year deal for one of our own is great news . He’ll be one of our four strikers next season. The boy is a player and will play in the Championship with us next season . 

16 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I hate to be harsh on our young lads, but McKenzie isn’t Championship level. He was utter dog shite v Dunfermline last week *

* hopes this will result in me looking stupid tomorrow when he scores a double and we win! 

Well - at least we now know he won't be playing in the Championship..... McKenzie and Moore partnership could be decent in League 1 ?   Who knows haha  

1 minute ago, Lochwood said:

Smith,  and the board have to look at  themselves, why did we not offer the job till the end of the season then renegotiate based on results.

There has to be a clause in the contract for that - break clause in the event of relegation. Otherwise its a dereliction of duty on the part of the board imo.

5 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Smith,  and the board have to look at  themselves, why did we not offer the job till the end of the season then renegotiate based on results.

They need to come out and say something tonight. They simply can’t just let this result slide 

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

They need to come out and say something tonight. They simply can’t just let this result slide 

Robbo will be along in a bit with some puff I'm sure, or maybe Wattoo, although he seems to have done a runner as of late.

Never got the stream and beforehand was slightly optimistic of a turgid draw. But fcuk me that’s depressing. Only hope now is that Morton out sh*te us but even our better goal difference has been eroded. Some shambles we are now.

And say what? Smith will have known about the very real threat of relegation and will give Hopkin the start of next season as well. I have no great feelings towards the manager so I really couldn’t care less if he left or not. All I know is it’s extremely unlikely we’ll make a change without letting him make changes to the playing squad and giving him a proper pre season to work with them. I also don’t think there’s any merit in sacking him right now. We’re not getting someone in for two games and potentially the play offs. Not anyone that’s any good that is.

It obviously wasn’t working for Kerr, but in most games there were at least small patches of play where you could just about see what he was trying to do, usually when McCowan, Moff & Cammy Smith linked up, and we looked like there could have been a decent side in there somewhere.

I don’t see anything under Hopkin. That’s now two games in a row against sides that were on a run of form almost as poor as our own and we’ve had one attempt on target over both games. It’s aimless punt after aimless punt, he’s somehow managed to make our defence worse and we’re carrying absolutely no threat whatsoever. I could have played in goals for Arbroath today.
Chairman has to accept he’s made a mistake even if we miraculously stay up (thanks probably to a Morton side assembled by Hopkin being marginally worse) but definitely if we go down as I can’t see him bringing us back up.

Anyone thinking we can give Hopkin the start of next season to assemble his own squad is misguided in my view. He's not going to completely start again so he has to get more out of the players who'll be staying - something he's shown he's woefully incapable of doing.

We weren't doing well under Kerr and as a rookie manager he was struggling to turn it around but getting rid of him for Hopkin is looking like a big mistake. Comparing Kerr's 16 league games with Hopkin's 7 so far, we now collect fewer points per game, score fewer goals and concede more goals. The players might be a shower, but that's a failure in management, coaching and tactics.