The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Yesterday was a shocker to watch poor goal given away and I was astonished when we scored.

If only Miller could have finished in the first half at Alloa when one on one we'd have another two points as I doubt Alloa would have come back.

I can't see where a goal is coming from for us build up play has been poor and final pass has been atrocious.

We can put the blame on the forwards but they have nothing to work with.

I'm not negative but this is going to be a long three weeks and backs to the wall for most of it I fear.

Hopefully the players are up for the challenge ahead.

14 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Maybe a month ago, but our squad is now absolutely rancid and Arbroath have by far the better fixtures out of the sides. 

Arbroath also have Doolan, who is obviously better than every single one of our players 👀

Its still the same squad (minus Smith) that got 3 points at Dens, it's a confidence and mentality thing for a lot of them rather than basic ability. 

We'd take Doolan now no doubt, I hope he's as bad next week as the majority seem to think he is. 😉

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Would agree with this. Hopkin has obviously decided we're better off shitfesting 3 draws and it'll be just enough. The margins are so fine though. 

The issue we've got is that we can't go baws oot because we don't have the attackers for that. 

It means he is focusing on making us hard to beat but it feels like we are only playing for 2 results - a draw or a loss tbh.

It's also brutal to watch but if it gets us there in the end I'll be content (not happy!)

I actually expected it was going to be brutal viewing but it's really turgid stuff we're being served up right now.

Brutal viewing in an understatement. Even from the first home game this season against Annan we've been poor to watch. Every home game I've seen (I didnt bother with 4 of them after New Year) has been utter shit. So many draws, such a lack of goals, piss poor upfront and in attacking midfield. I thought Hopkin might have got them playing better but I cant see any difference from Kerr performances to those we are now serving up, if anything we've got worse and dont look like scoring more than 1 goal a game ever again 😑

20 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Just think we could have had Jordan White or jack Hamilton on loan and we went with Andre Wright. If we had gone with one of the other two we probably wouldn’t have been in this position 

5 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

If the players we did actually sign, ie Innes Cameron were given a fair crack maybe we wouldn’t be in this position and a gamble on wright wouldn’t have been required

There have been so many mistakes this season, it’s ridiculous. 

While Hopkin was in charge Austin went to East Fife, and Tiffoney to Partick. Both would have improved our frankly horrific forward line. 

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

While Hopkin was in charge Austin went to East Fife, and Tiffoney to Partick. Both would have improved our frankly horrific forward line. 

Thistle fans at work raving about Tiffoney . I didn’t see it myself but he is banging goals in . 

If this season ends and we are back in the pub league it’ll be the  dual fiascos at Cappalow and Palmerston that will lie front and centre of mind as to where it all went wrong . Had we got those six points I think Kerr would have survived and we may have been gunning for a play off place .

34 minutes ago, North British said:

Thistle fans at work raving about Tiffoney . I didn’t see it myself but he is banging goals in . 

Guy at my work is the same about Tiffoney, to be fair to him he only averaged about 30 minutes a game in his time with us, so perhaps it was a case of right player, wrong club, which is common with loan deals (Sir Lawrence case in point) or a drop down in level to League 1 is seeing him flourish. Truth probably somewhere in the middle. 

I certainly didn't remember his name or Austin's as being mentioned on here as being solutions for us earlier in the season. 

The end of the season's the time for lessons to be learned. 

2 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Just think we could have had Jordan White or jack Hamilton on loan and we went with Andre Wright. If we had gone with one of the other two we probably wouldn’t have been in this position 

They were never  coming to Ayr , White he was always going Ross  County and Hamilton had already agreed Arbroath ,therefore there was no chance we could have had them 

Edited by Robbo63

27 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Guy at my work is the same about Tiffoney, to be fair to him he only averaged about 30 minutes a game in his time with us, so perhaps it was a case of right player, wrong club, which is common with loan deals (Sir Lawrence case in point) or a drop down in level to League 1 is seeing him flourish. Truth probably somewhere in the middle. 

I certainly didn't remember his name or Austin's as being mentioned on here as being solutions for us earlier in the season. 

The end of the season's the time for lessons to be learned. 

I mentioned Tiffoney when he signed for Partick, someone else has mentioned Austin. More so, as Hopkin was looking for a striker and they were two of few about. I think we hoped he would still have got someone in at that point though! 

I think most of us would have taken Bell back in a heartbeat if we knew he was available too. 

Edited by No_Problemo

42 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I mentioned Tiffoney when he signed for Partick, someone else has mentioned Austin. More so, as Hopkin was looking for a striker and they were two of few about. I think we hoped he would still have got someone in at that point though! 

I think most of us would have taken Bell back in a heartbeat if we knew he was available too. 

In a few weeks all this will start again no matter what league we land in : Toderov ,Cameron ,Tiffoney , Anderson  , Samson , Dowds etc all out of contract ....

4 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

I think if you ask Arbroath and Morton fans they'd swap our current league position, squad and goal difference for theres. 

What's your basis for the above? I've not heard that from any Arbroath or Morton fans wanting to swap for our squad.

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

What's your basis for the above? I've not heard that from any Arbroath or Morton fans wanting to swap for our squad.

Have you asked them? Maybe they wouldn't take any of our players. It's an opinion,  no basis whatsoever. Surely they'd all swap for our current league position and more importantly our goal difference. Let's look at it another way, look at all 3 squads player for player. How many of the Arbroath and Morton players would you be 100% totally happy at us signing? 

One or two from both teams perhaps? 

We can all agree its three squads of mediocrity, in my opinion ours is slightly less mediocre. 

Edited by BukyOHare

O’Brien  Little partnership is the best  in the league has been for couple seasons, O’Brien has a good job no interest in going full time, would def take both, the boy Little travels there from Ayrshire .

Yeah I saw it was Ardrossan that Little travels from to train up in Perth. Can’t fault the guys commitment one bit.

5 hours ago, bazka6 said:

If the players we did actually sign, ie Innes Cameron were given a fair crack maybe we wouldn’t be in this position and a gamble on wright wouldn’t have been required

Every signing in football, more so at our level is a gamble. Nobody can say for sure that Cameron would have been the answer either. He'll regress to the mean from the world beater that he's looked in his Alloa spell no doubt.

"regress to the mean" jesus christ Ayr is in the top dozen settlements in Scotland by population and there is literally a single other professional team in a thirty-mile radius. Ayr have punched desperately below their weight for most of the last 40 years. Make excuses all you want but "it's only natural" absolutely cannot be one of them.

what is still baffling is there is still Ayr fans that think slow joe is a good player. He has not had one good game from Ayr. The contribution from barjonas yesterday who probably isn’t 100% fit was far better than anything chalmers has done. We need to get something out of the next 3 games and unfortunately playing joe just isn’t the answer. 

29 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Every signing in football, more so at our level is a gamble. Nobody can say for sure that Cameron would have been the answer either. He'll regress to the mean from the world beater that he's looked in his Alloa spell no doubt.

Dario Zanatta also looked like a world beater on loan to Alloa...

Also, this "regress to the mean" patter is stinkin' 

giphy.gif