The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

56 minutes ago, virginton said:

That's what happens when your chairman spots the haddy who put together this horseshit Morton squad in the first place last summer and says 'yep, that's our new, top quality manager right there!'

I'm sure that a GMFC shareholder like 'Hoppy' would be devastated by an outcome that kept his real team in the division. 

Not exactly down to Hopkin it's the mess Mark Kerr left us in

40 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Flagshagger!

4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Fucking hell.

Anyway, a draw next week will do absolutely fine.

I reckon 2 points will do us if we don't get beat next week (so a draw out of our last 2 games, home to qos and away to ict).

The goal difference is big and i can see it being us and morton on 29 and arbroath on 28 going into the last game.

A draw between them won't relegate us, and we'd be above whoever lost.

Needless to say a win next week and we're safe, unless morton beat hearts (which won't happen).

So easy boys, thanks for playing 🎣 

16 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Not exactly down to Hopkin it's the mess Mark Kerr left us in

Mark Kerr left a much better squad to his successor than the nick of a one assembled at Morton, and yet Hopkinball is not getting any more out of yours than Gusball right now.

The team that finishes 9th will most likely have Hopkin's useless mitts all over it either way.

Edited by vikingTON

1 hour ago, virginton said:

I'm sure that a GMFC shareholder like 'Hoppy' would be devastated by an outcome that kept his real team in the division. 

Genuinely stunned at how little has been made of this point so far. Nothing could scream conflict of interest any louder. 

27 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
45 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:
I'll go out on a limb and say we'll get at least 4 points from the last 3 games. Whether that will be enough or not is anyones guess, but it should get us 8th 

In what universe is 4 points not enough?

Good enough to avoid the relegation playoff place I meant.

Maybe Morton or Arbroath would suprise everyone and win their last 3 games. I wouldnt write off Morton v Hearts tbh

Edited by Thereisalight..

49 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:
I'll go out on a limb and say we'll get at least 4 points from the last 3 games. Whether that will be enough or not is anyones guess, but it should get us 8th 

In what universe is 4 points not enough?

One where Arbroath beat us. 

Good enough to avoid the relegation playoff place I meant.
Maybe Morton or Arbroath would suprise everyone and win their last 3 games. I wouldnt write off Morton v Hearts tbh
Both would need to win their other two games, though.

That would be ridiculous based on current form.

I still think 2 or 3 points could be enough.

But next week is so big.

5 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
7 minutes ago, itzdrk said:
One where Arbroath beat us. 

No way will 6 points not be good enough. That's insane.

You said in what world will 4 points not be good enough, not 6. 

38 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Both would need to win their other two games, though.

That would be ridiculous based on current form.

I still think 2 or 3 points could be enough.

But next week is so big.

Arbroath play you lot and ourselves at home. We play Alloa at home once relegated and Arbroath on the final day. We also have a Hearts side with nothing to play for anymore at home. 

The cut-off is most likely going to be 30-31 points. It could be lower with one team making a c**t of the run-in of course, but that's the realistic benchmark IMO. Ayr would be incredibly fortunate to survive with 29. 

9 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

We’re not beating an Arbroath side that can score twice away at Raith. We struggle to get a shot on target over two games!

Given they’ve beaten us twice already and our squad is significantly worse  it’s unlikely.

9 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I think if Hopkin had the luxury of choosing Cameron or Anderson up front and if Smith stayed until the end of the season we wouldn’t be in this mess.

This, minus Anderson maybe 😬

8 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Interesting how all the folk that were screaming for Mackenzie and Wright to be played up front have now gone rather quiet 🤔

Hold my hands up to this, I guess we shouldn’t expect consistency from McKenzie at this stage, little unfair to judge wright as he never appears to have been fully fit. Ultimately they’re the only playable strikers in the squad though so that was the motivation. Moffat and Wright my current preference.

Edited by bazka6

10 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Anyway, a draw next week will do absolutely fine.

No. This is cup final territory. With Morten and Arbroath playing each other on the last day, Ayr can go to Inverness needing nothing (which is what they're going to get) so long as they start the day above both, which they are at the moment. A win at Gayfield guarantees going into the final day ahead of Arbroath, and with one of Morten's two games being against Hearts there is at least a reasonable chance of them picking up less than four points from that and Alloa. If Ayr win next Saturday and Morten lose on Tuesday then safety is assured. So f**k playing safe, f**k trying to squeak it out, just go absolutely balls-oot for the win.

Edit: actually, with goal difference being as it is, Morten would need to beat Hearts for Ayr's last two fixtures to have meaning, should Ayr beat Arbroath. Not that Hearts haven't given out points like sweeties to everyone not called Ayr United this season of course, but this makes next Saturday even more vital.

Edited by Thumper