The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

Still need to win one though, and I can't see who it is coming against

We don't, we have 1/4 likely required points, 3 draws to go. 

What do we actually do up front? 

I genuinely have no idea. Moffat is the best player out the three and the only one who appears to be able to link play, however he will also be useless with the current style of play. I would possibly go for McCowan off of Moffat or Wright depending on how we play but f**k knows tbh. 

13 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Interesting how all the folk that were screaming for Mackenzie and Wright to be played up front have now gone rather quiet 🤔

I never suggested them, they're two players too similar, Wright/McKenzie with Moore/Anderson and we wouldn't have been in this shit mess IMO

Edited by rb123!

We are definitely in a tight squeeze . We simply can’t lose next week . I wouldn’t go hung ho trying to get that win though . Too much at stake . I’d take the draw . Have a real crack against QoS .

God how that fiasco at Greenock is fucking us up right now ..... 

5 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

I know we are crap but If we can’t go and beat Arbroath a part time team we deserve to be in the seaside league again absolutely no exscuses.

You are underestimating them. They deserve to be above us

Edited by ryanayr1987

12 minutes ago, jm86 said:

Raith, a full time team going for 2nd place, couldn't beat Arbroath, despite taking a 2 goal lead. 

They didn't beat us all season either. 

So today was hardly perfect, attacking wise we carry pretty much zero threat but at least Barjonas looked like he wanted to carry the ball forward from midfield which no one else has looked like doing so far this season.  There was bit more fight in the performance today; there was a spell in the 2nd half when Miller and Baird threw themselves to block some shots and then the ball broke up field to McKenzie who kept niggling at Dunfermline which resulted in an Ayr throw-in further up the park.  I might be clutching at straws, but it at least showed a bit of desire that was clearly lacking on Tuesday night.  

Next week is massive, I'd expect the winner of that game will finish 7th/8th (depending on Morton's results).  Arbroath will work hard, not give up etc. as evidenced by their result today, but they are beatable - even for our shithouse squad.  It will be very hard but a win up there is ideal, as it means realistically just needing to avoid defeat in the last two games to stay up.  Even a draw isn't catastrophic provided we then get a result against Queen of the South the following week.  That all said, I'm not 100% confident of either scenario given how this season has gone and the fact that Arbroath, Queens and Inverness have all shown to be far more capable of getting results at the right time than Ayr.  

Edited by super_carson