The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Lauren is excellent, I think she offers a good insight into the tactics of the game without the hyperbolic nonsense we get on BT and Sky Sports these days.  

She is one of the few out there who looks like they do a lot of research into their opponents, would prefer her as our main commentator 

10 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

She is one of the few out there who looks like they do a lot of research into their opponents, would prefer her as our main commentator 

When we played Inverness at the start of the season it was absolutely apparent that the commentator had only been researching Moffat and nobody else including the Inverness squad. A wee bit of extra digging goes a long way and it absolutely shows with the 2 or 3 in the league who do their homework. 

Edited by Hawk89

Have said from day one about Callum and how bad he is but didn’t know he was a volunteer for all this so fair play to him. ,his interview skills are fine it’s the commentary that you get the jitters from when he gets excited. The girl is excellent and so are the half time info sessions. They are all volunteers as I have said so it’s the mute button for me I’m. Afraid on all match days.

1 hour ago, Ayr23 said:
1 hour ago, Hawk89 said:
Loose lips sink ships, you can't blame the lad running the twitter for that as he only does as directed. The leak didn't even come from VoR it came from one of the Bellrock lads. 

Yeah I am in no way having a go at Kitty_Boy, he's done exactly what was asked of him. The issue is with the unprofessional outlook it gives when local journos are tweeting about vital information.

Fans want to know ASAP and they found out from a reliable source (VoR). It just so happened it couldn't be confirmed 'officially' until later that day. Maybe not ideal but I don't necessarily agree it is unprofessional. 

Its far from unusual in the world of football that things like this are common knowledge before they are announced. 

Hope it's Doohan we can get it, would bring a much needed boost to everyone, supporters especially, just a shame we can't be there to rub the positive effect on the team. 

Really hope it's not some kid nobody has ever heard of, famous last words....

3 hours ago, Trogdor said:

It is, however we went through a spell where Voice of Reason was feeding off scraps under Kerr. He didn't have anything before it was on the official site. We've gone back to how it was before.

I'm not that precious either way tbqh.

I'm more irked about no official communication on the stream quality that has been going backwards for weeks now.

VOR must have Hopkin on speed dial or vice versa, knew it was going to happen because Hopkin obviously has lots of close contacts in the media, i mean Scott Burns got the exclusive on his appointment 24+hrs before it was announced.

Plus i'm pretty sure a lot of the Morton signings were exclusives in the sun and daily record last summer before being announced.

I don't mind as much the VOR leaking signings and stuff like that which is good news, but when it's bad news i think it should come from the club first, yes good news from VOR always gets fans 'teased/excited' whatever you want to call it but him leaking bad news before the club IMO makes the club just look a bit poor.

3 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Moffat and Todd out tomorrow. No mention of a new keeper. 

Fs what's up with Moffat?

Hopkin said he hopes to have McCowan for tomorrow, would be a miracle considering he left Somerset on a sling on Tuesday night, so fully expect him to not make it.

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Hopkin said he hopes to have McCowan for tomorrow, would be a miracle considering he left Somerset on a sling on Tuesday night, so fully expect him to not make it.

Says a calf strain he’s been carrying for weeks. Hopes both are back for Arbroath. 

Just now, rb123! said:

Calf strain, carrying it for a few weeks according to the preview.  No mention of McCowan being a doubt.  Entirely possible the sling was precautionary, but given our track record in these situations I'll say he won't play tomorrow.  

Urminsky

Houston   Baird   Ndaba   Reading

Muirhead

Murdoch      Chalmers

Walsh                                               Barjonas

McKenzie             

That's all I can come up with based on who is available, without changing formation.   

4 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Says a calf strain he’s been carrying for weeks. Hopes both are back for Arbroath. 

Moffat is never injured.

More conclusive proof that this season is our annus horribilis.

57 minutes ago, rb123! said:

McCowan should be fine , precautionary on Tuesday , no sling Wednesday and trained today , Moffat not trained last 2 days due to his strain 

Edited by Robbo63

55 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Moffat is never injured.

More conclusive proof that this season is our annus horribilis.

This must be one of our worst seasons for a long while on the number of individual players been injured

Sinisola, Houston, Reading, Muirhead, Ndaba,Cameron,Walsh,Moore,Wright,
Chalmers,Todd and Smith that I can think of have all missed games through injury in this shortened season 

Edited by Robbo63