The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I don't get this conspiracy theory crap Aston Villa don't care if we stay up or go down they just want him to get experience in men's first team football, the fact folk would think he's been recalled because they don't want him in a team that goes down is laughable.

I highly doubt he actually has a groin strain to be honest. 
Agreed, it’s along the same lines when players are part time that they’ve moved on due to “work commitments”
You pair need to calm the f**k down. Stop trying to turn everything into a drama.

It’s actually mental how far back relegation would push the club. We seem to be starting to get it right off the park with the social club etc but in order to reap full benefits of that we need to be playing championship football. 

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

You pair need to calm the f**k down. Stop trying to turn everything into a drama.

Nah, you’re right . What a season we’re having. Enjoyed it a lot. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

4 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

I don't get this conspiracy theory crap Aston Villa don't care if we stay up or go down they just want him to get experience in men's first team football, the fact folk would think he's been recalled because they don't want him in a team that goes down is laughable.

Yes - that is quite clearly nonsense but something certainly is going on. 

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

If you don’t think this is a time to panic and that this is an utter mess, then I don’t think you ever will. 

While we're on it i'm going to go on a bit of a rant about the PR side of the club this season, their engagement with the supporters has been very poor IMO.

There has never been any apology or info about why our stream is crap and seemingly getting worse, there's plenty of negative comments every game about it so club are obviously quite happy taking our £12.50 and doing nothing in turn to try and improve the service. The highlights afterwards were in full HD yet the shitty stream is about 240p quality, why not get @wuffster who knows about this stuff to assist the club instead of trying to plough on themselves.

Onto the players, there was zero official announcement from the club when Innes Cameron left, only found out when Alloa announced he had signed for them, still waiting for notification that he has left. Brett McGavin likewise, no announcement or reasoning as to why he has left. No announcement either that Hare-Reid left. That's absolute shambolic amateur levels of communication with fans, more what you expect from PT clubs in league 2 who maybe only have someone in charge of social media a couple of days a week, not a FT championship club.

When McCall was here and everyone was linked with poaching our players, McCall was coming out with personal update statements to the supporters what felt like a cople of times a week at one stage, this all making it look like the house was in order and cared about keeping the supporters updated, now it is just an absolute mess.

Dave Smith says we want to be in the Premiership, well on the pitch and also off the pitch we're a Mount Everest climb away from being ready for it. 

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

While we're on it i'm going to go on a bit of a rant about the PR side of the club this season, their engagement with the supporters has been very poor IMO.

There has never been any apology or info about why our stream is crap and seemingly getting worse, there's plenty of negative comments every game about it so club are obviously quite happy taking our £12.50 and doing nothing in turn to try and improve the service. The highlights afterwards were in full HD yet the shitty stream is about 240p quality, why not get @wuffster who knows about this stuff to assist the club instead of trying to plough on themselves.

Onto the players, there was zero official announcement from the club when Innes Cameron left, only found out when Alloa announced he had signed for them, still waiting for notification that he has left. Brett McGavin likewise, no announcement or reasoning as to why he has left. No announcement either that Hare-Reid left. That's absolute shambolic amateur levels of communication with fans, more what you expect from PT clubs in league 2 who maybe only have someone in charge of social media a couple of days a week, not a FT championship club.

When McCall was here and everyone was linked with poaching our players, McCall was coming out with personal update statements to the supporters what felt like a cople of times a week at one stage, this all making it look like the house was in order and cared about keeping the supporters updated, now it is just an absolute mess.

Dave Smith says we want to be in the Premiership, well on the pitch and also off the pitch we're a Mount Everest climb away from being ready for it. 

The response I got from them when I had issues getting anything on Black & White TV to play was embarrassing. Completely clueless and just passed the buck, blaming my connection or the fact I had the audacity to want to watch the videos on a mobile device.

I said at the time that putting all the interviews behind a paywall was a bad decision in terms of communicating and engaging fans.

Some of of posts this morning have been comedy gold. Dont ever change my fellow Ayr fans. This is compelling stuff, I've literally laughed out loud a couple of times.

Either that or I've gone full Joker and I'm unhinged. 🤡

30 minutes ago, rb123! said:

The fact people are saying "no great loss" is just ughhh, i mean..... i have no words

Is this the usual suspects on the SRE? They blame the goalie for everything. That season with Hart and Ruddy must have been nirvana for them. They've been slagging any and every goalie ever since. Despite them being two fine goalies in Doohan & Sinisalo.

23 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

A groin strain isn’t stopping anyone playing until the end of the season, certainly not definitively. Especially when you take into account play offs.

Keeper injured , Villa notified and after doing examination they advised club he will be out for a period of time and he was to return there for treatment through their medical team as some surgery could be needed, no timescale given but reported to be approx 6 weeks 

9 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

Goalie picks up a knock, out for the remainder of the season.

Ayr support : "Illuminati Confirmed"

No harm to Robbo but if he was injured he could’ve just said so - no breach of confidentiality there. Either way he’s gone so yet another blow to our chances.

3 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

I said at the time that putting all the interviews behind a paywall was a bad decision in terms of communicating and engaging fans.

They aren't behind a paywall. Not yet anyway.

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Some of of posts this morning have been comedy gold. Dont ever change my fellow Ayr fans. This is compelling stuff, I've literally laughed out loud a couple of times.

Either that or I've gone full Joker and I'm unhinged. 🤡

I’m going with the latter mate!