The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

It really is hilarious that everyone on here identified the need for a central midfielder in January, and nothing was done to address this. At least they attempted to get a striker, despite it being someone they clearly signed based on a YouTube video. The issue now is we have issues in most positions on the pitch.

I have to say hopkin sounds like he doesn’t have a clue. Itzdrk will be able to tell you better but Hopkins only instructions I heard on the pixelot stream was “do it” “get too him” and “your too deep”. 

the players just can’t play the way he wants them to, and he either can’t  coach another way to play or is just won’t coach another way to play. Think he was the wrong choice of manager at the time and it is being proved right now! 

I will expect him to resign if we go down and I wouldn’t want him to stay if he didn’t resign 

Edited by ryanayr1987

Dunfermline are stinking the league out just now. If they come to Somerset on Saturday and put us to the sword, I think our goose is cooked and its the Relegation playoffs. Unless 1 of Morton and Arbroath are as bad as us.
I think that is unlikely though, they play one another on the last day - imagine they just need a draw to ensure their survival. Austria v West Germany? Even before the last round Morton have Alloa (who could be relegated) and Afbroath play us.
We need at least 4 points from Dunfermline and Arbroath to give me any confidence. This is the lowest I've felt in a while...
4 points out if the 4 games should be fine (as long as we don't lose to Arbroath).

Saturday is a cup final - but there are other chances so we can't lose the head.

Keep calm, and find a way to get the points we need.

42 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I have to say hopkin sounds like he doesn’t have a clue. Itzdrk will be able to tell you better but Hopkins only instructions I heard on the pixelot stream was “do it” “get too him” and “your too deep”. 

the players just can’t play the way he wants them to, and he either can’t  coach another way to play or is just won’t coach another way to play. Think he was the wrong choice of manager at the time and it is being proved right now! 

I will expect him to resign if we go down and I wouldn’t want him to stay if he didn’t resign 

He also shouts PLAY which leads to a long ball and him complaining that he said PLAY. 

46 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I expect you, and alot of the rest of us will be sorely disappointed when he signs Sam Ramsbottom for our league 1 charge....

I didn't watch the game last night, but by the sounds of it that was a good thing.  The frustrating this is that, on paper, this team should be capable of going and getting the results needed.  In fact, apart from last night and arguably the game at Tynecastle on Boxing Day we've not had any comprehensive "doings" and I find that even more anger-inducing, bizarrely.  We lost games against Morton and Queens away due to moments of madness and that *seemed* to have been sorted out.

But, as a result of those type of results in a shortened season, we fell down the table pretty rapidly.  When it comes to that situation you need a bit desperation to claw the points you need.  There's no real leadership at the moment, maybe Itzdrk can correct me but I really only seem to see Muirhead dishing out telts on the park and there are too many players in that squad who really don't seem to care what happens now.  That's a reflection on them as not only as professional footballers but as people in general.  Maybe it's nostalgia for that team from a few season ago but I really cannot see Adams, Bell or Geggan standing for that kind of attitude.  Who within our squad is showing that drive and hunger just now?   I don't like to slate individuals but if Baird is the team captain he certainly isn't acting like it.  

Again on paper we made some decent signings this season, but it's proving to be the age-old adage about hard work beating talent.  Attitude and effort takes absolutely no skill whatsoever, I'd rather get relegated with a crap team that shows spirit and a bit of pride in themselves than a group of individuals who turn up and just expect it to happen for them.  

Edited by super_carson

Worrying to think that the first major decision Smith has made as chairman looks like a really bad one. Even more worrying when he was shocked at the calibre of applicant and this is what we've ended up with.
Yeah, think most saw that for the usual guff paper spin that it was. Couldn't even be too harsh on him for the appointment since Lachlan was hardly known for getting them right, and he was in the position for a lot longer.

If we do go down it is a collective failure from everyone at the club, not just whoever the owner is/was. Absolute tinpot to get relegated from this league out of this season.

I didn't watch the game last night, but by the sounds of it that was a good thing.  The frustrating this is that, on paper, this team should be capable of going and getting the results needed.  In fact, apart from last night and arguably the game at Tynecastle on Boxing Day we've not had any comprehensive "doings" and I find that even more anger-inducing, bizarrely.  We lost games against Morton and Queens away due to moments of madness and that *seemed* to have been sorted out.
But, as a result of those type of results in a shortened season, we fell down the table pretty rapidly.  When it comes to that situation, you need a bit desperation to claw the points you need.  There's no real leadership at the moment, maybe Itzdrk can correct me but I really only seem to see Muirhead dishing out telts on the park and there are too many players in that squad who really don't seem to care what happens now.  That's a reflection on them as not only as professional footballers but as people in general.  Maybe it's nostalgia for that team from a few season ago, but I really cannot see Adams, Bell or Geggan standing for that kind of attitude.  Who within our squad is showing that drive and hunger just now?   I don't like to slate individuals, but if Baird is the team captain he certainly isn't acting like it.  
Again on paper we made some decent signings this season, but it's proving to be the age-old adage about hard work beating talent.  Attitude and effort takes absolutely no skill whatsoever, I'd rather get relegated with a crap team that shows spirit and a bit of pride in themselves than a group of individuals who turn up and just expect it to happen for them.  
We've been saying that "on paper" line since the beginning of the season. It should be firmly in the recycle bin by now,I don't think even the happiest of clappers buys into that now.

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:
1 hour ago, super_carson said:
But, as a result of those type of results in a shortened season, we fell down the table pretty rapidly.  When it comes to that situation, you need a bit desperation to claw the points you need.  There's no real leadership at the moment, maybe Itzdrk can correct me but I really only seem to see Muirhead dishing out telts on the park and there are too many players in that squad who really don't seem to care what happens now.  That's a reflection on them as not only as professional footballers but as people in general.  Maybe it's nostalgia for that team from a few season ago, but I really cannot see Adams, Bell or Geggan standing for that kind of attitude.  Who within our squad is showing that drive and hunger just now?   I don't like to slate individuals, but if Baird is the team captain he certainly isn't acting like it.  

We've been saying that "on paper" line since the beginning of the season. It should be firmly in the recycle bin by now,I don't think even the happiest of clappers buys into that now.

Yeah, that's kind of my point.  It's all fine and well signing guys who look like they're good players, but if they have a poor attitude or a weak mentality then you're on a hiding to nothing.  Unfortunately, that realisation has come far too late.  

Yeah, that's kind of my point.  It's all fine and well signing guys who look like they're good players, but if they have a poor attitude or a weak mentality then you're on a hiding to nothing.  Unfortunately, that realisation has come far too late.  
Which is odd considering Kerr made such a big deal of signing the right kind of player with the right mentality/personality etc. Boy he really got that wrong, as well as signing a bunch of players who don't compliment each other

7 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:
1 hour ago, super_carson said:

It certainly was the case at the start of the season as the likes of Anderson added to that. That has gradually dwindled as Anderson didn’t work, Chalmers was poor and Walsh underwhelming. We were then left with two genuinely good players at this level in McCowan and Smith. McCowan seems like he may follow Smith in not playing again this season. So, we are now shite on paper as well.

I don’t really see what Hopkin can do to get more out of that absolute rabble tbh.

Edited by No_Problemo

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:
4 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Which is odd considering Kerr made such a big deal of signing the right kind of player with the right mentality/personality etc. Boy he really got that wrong, as well as signing a bunch of players who don't compliment each other

Trying to shoe-horn them into playing a system we didn't have the right personnel for wouldn't have helped, either.  

I feel we’re in a bit of a vicious cycle here. It’s quite clear we need a massive rebuild (again) regardless of what division were in however Hopkin’s squad building at Morton was tragic and ironically one of the major reasons we don’t find ourselves even deeper in the shit. 

I also don’t think there is a chance in hell David Smith sacks him even if we are relegated. Not sure how I feel about that. 

6 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Why he tried to pass rather than shoot is beyond me, get him hunted. 

Walsh is decent but needs hard workers around him - luxury player when we need grafters in the situation we're in. Sorry, Tom, but I'm actually glad you're only here for this season.

I can’t say I’d be buzzing if Hopkin stayed if we went down but I wouldn’t be calling for his head either. Much the same as I was with McCall in 2017 I’d want to give him a chance to rebuild but the flip side would be that he’d have to hit the ground running in terms of results and if he didn’t then Smith would have a big decision to make. Not to mention that L1 will arguable be a bit tougher than it was last time. We’ll be one of 4 FT teams although that doesn’t seem to be making any difference to Airdrie as they’re always shite but even the part time teams are good. Cove have a decent budget to play with and Montrose and East Fife are capable of giving any team a run for their money. Of course you’d be without one of Cove, Montrose, Partick or East Fife given one of them would take our place in the Championship.