The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, wee_bairn said:

What's happened to Zanatta? He was highly rated earlier in his career but seems to have lost his way? Is it purely down to attitude or is he not as good as first hoped?

He’s just not great in all honesty. Had reservations when he signed that he wouldn’t be the hard working type that we’ve been used to and he’s proven that to be true. I’d happily see him leave just now.

2 hours ago, wee_bairn said:

What's happened to Zanatta? He was highly rated earlier in his career but seems to have lost his way? Is it purely down to attitude or is he not as good as first hoped?

Definitely seem to be parts of both. At us there is also the aspect that he hasn’t played in his actual position for any time other than ten minutes here and there. He isn’t as good as Walsh, Smith or McCowan and didn’t exactly do much to break into the side. By all accounts he got a run at Partick and was awful. He was fantastic against us on his Partick debut so there is something in there, possibly long gone though. 

Surely Raith have a player that  Hopkin fancies and is like Zanatta able to go if released early, why is it we seem to be the only team this is happening too and can’t get pre contracted players.

i thought Zanatta was a great bit of business but he has been a disaster of a player and clearly does not want to be at Ayr and has a massive attitude problem, letting him go anyway I would not , that tweet is an absolute scandal Clearly the boy hasn’t got much up top to have released that, and he deserves all the flack he is getting for it. If I was a Falkirk fan I would be really concerned what we are getting, looking at there team work rate is a must which he does Not have.

10 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Surely Raith have a player that  Hopkin fancies and is like Zanatta able to go if released early, why is it we seem to be the only team this is happening too and can’t get pre contracted players.

i thought Zanatta was a great bit of business but he has been a disaster of a player and clearly does not want to be at Ayr and has a massive attitude problem, letting him go anyway I would not , that tweet is an absolute scandal Clearly the boy hasn’t got much up top to have released that, and he deserves all the flack he is getting for it. If I was a Falkirk fan I would be really concerned what we are getting, looking at there team work rate is a must which he does Not have.

Doubt Falkirk fans will be overly concerned considering he’s signing with Raith mate. 

I never liked Zanatta as a player, always looked lazy and was more interested in his performance than the team in a  Bobby Barr type way. Dived to often when staying on his feet was the better option. A total luxury player that was never going to get involved unless he was given the ball to his feet. 

From the start of the season, Ayr were rotten and Zanatta was a complete passenger. For him to be effective, Ayr had to be on the front foot for the majority of the game and that rarely happened. Once it became clear that we needed hard workers rather than whatever Zanatta is, he barely featured.

We have had a few failures this season and Zanatta is definitely one of them. I am amazed that he has got another full time team. 
We have been good at catching players on the way down recently and turning them round but this season is a disaster. Baird, Zanatta, Chalmers, Murdoch, Walsh along with all the loan players that were returned early have all regressed.
Players like Houston and Reading were bit part players until Kerr left and they have been two of the better performers since. 

Zanatta has not shown at any point this season that he is a Championship player.

2 hours ago, wee_bairn said:

He's pish. He'll be working in McDonalds two years from now.

If all fit just now the team has got to be Sinisalo
Houston Baird Ndaba Redding
McCowan Muirhead Murdoch Walsh
Moffat (at number 10)
McKenzie

I doubt we are going to bring anyone in hopefully I'm wrong, let's hope Wright, Barjonas and Todd make some kind of impact in these last few games.

18 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Baird, Zanatta, Chalmers, Murdoch, Walsh along with all the loan players that were returned early have all regressed.

I wouldn't say either Baird or Murdoch have Regressed necessarily, I just think they need a player alongside them to play at their best. The Chalmers/Murdoch in Central midfield isn't going to work, Maybe Barjonas would do better beside Murdoch. Baird looks good in flashes but hadn't had a good player aslongside him. Ndaba looks good beside him but has only recently been played in the correct position. 

Chalmers has been my biggest disappointment this season, Tailed closely by Walsh. Both came with a hype and showed very little to get excited about. 

Will admit I got excited about Ayr signing Zanatta. More excited now to see him fail at Kirkcaldy. 

Hopkin will bring in fresh faces, of that I'm sure. Judge them when we see them. Have faith. 

6 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I wouldn't say either Baird or Murdoch have Regressed necessarily, I just think they need a player alongside them to play at their best. The Chalmers/Murdoch in Central midfield isn't going to work, Maybe Barjonas would do better beside Murdoch. Baird looks good in flashes but hadn't had a good player aslongside him. Ndaba looks good beside him but has only recently been played in the correct position. 

Chalmers has been my biggest disappointment this season, Tailed closely by Walsh. Both came with a hype and showed very little to get excited about. 

Will admit I got excited about Ayr signing Zanatta. More excited now to see him fail at Kirkcaldy. 

Hopkin will bring in fresh faces, of that I'm sure. Judge them when we see them. Have faith. 

Yes, I believe Baird has come in for some very unfair criticism this season, especially when our overall defensive record is actually pretty good and i'm really struggling to think who we could have got who would have done better. That said, Ndaba has been outstanding but finding players like him is far from an easy task at our level.

As for Murdoch, again I'd agree with you, he's been left to cope all on his own in the middle of the park when Muirhead hasn't been there and as a result has been totally over run / dominated by our opponents, it should also be remembered that he was just back from a serious injury which kept him out for most of the previous season, so far from ideal.

Unless Raith were willing to loan that player to us it wouldn’t work as we can’t sign players permanently that are still under contract. Even then I don’t think there’s anyone they would be willing to give us in return for Zanatta.

As for pre contracts I really don’t see the benefit of them unless you know what league you’re going to be playing in. Good players are unlikely to sign for us as we could still very easily go down and there’s no point signing League 1 players right now as they could very well be out of their depth if we stay up. I think Raith are taking a gamble on the likes of Lang and Zanatta even as a Championship club. f**k knows how they’d get on if Raith actually managed to stumble through the playoffs and find themselves a Premiership club.

4 hours ago, wee_bairn said:

He spends the entire game talking to the bench making excuses, starts off with a hands up and a thumbs up and gets more pathetic as it goes on. 

16 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Think Paul smith will get more game time now 

I'm not displeased by that prospect - would like to see him and Hewitt get some game time between now and the season's end. Both will offer more than Zanatta every did.   

Think Clyde have games away to Peterhead tonight and then East Fife away on Thursday . Tough schedule. Surely we have the bhp for the job on Saturday , no matter who we field .?

I wonder if Zanatta would have pulled that stunt if crowds were still allowed, the reaction makes me miss not being able to go to the game on Saturday. Poor form from Raith too, no idea why they felt the need to announce it. Must still be sore from getting pipped to the title. Let it go lads.