The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Of course, but if the option is him or no one I would keep him. 

Otherwise we are left with an injury prone Walsh, McCowan, an injury prone and unfit Todd, McKenzie, Moffat and an injury prone and unfit Wright to fill three/four positions.

Zero chance of Zanatta getting any game time after that tweet, so it’s a moot point.  

1 minute ago, HMIP said:

Zero chance of Zanatta getting any game time after that tweet, so it’s a moot point.  

If Hopkin thinks he won’t bother and doesn’t play him then that’s fine by me. On the other hand if he does, I’m fine with that. 

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Of course, but if the option is him or no one I would keep him. 

Otherwise we are left with an injury prone Walsh, McCowan, an injury prone and unfit Todd, McKenzie, Moffat and an injury prone and unfit Wright to fill three/four positions.

It's only 5 games.   I'd honestly expect more from the young lad Smith who has only played about 20 mins in the cup that I can remember but is usually on the bench than Zanatta now.  He surely won't get on the park again and if he does he will be trying even less than before.   If (and I'm maybe being unfair as I know very little about him) Paul Smith isn't better tha  that as an option then why is he even making the bench. 

Edit - Zanatta has according to flash score played 18 mins out of 5 games for Hopkin. Not a chance he gets a game now. 

In fact 18 mins of 7 games since Kerr left. 

Edited by Hursty

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Nope he’s done. He won’t get near the squad now. Think Paul smith will get more game time now 

Punt him now after that tweet , wouldn’t be surprised if he was off anyway . Question is have we anybody coming in .

Just now, No_Problemo said:

If Hopkin thinks he won’t bother and doesn’t play him then that’s fine by me. On the other hand if he does, I’m fine with that. 

I think Zanatta has answered that question.  He’s either as thick as 2 short planks or he is deliberately trying to engineer an immediate move.  Who knows.  For all the “potential” tag attached to him, he’s now failed at Hearts, Partick and Ayr.  The common denominator is him.

8 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Can maybe see us going for another player on loan if we have the space. Maybe a junior league player? But would they not be in the same boat as Todd and not be fit? 

Todd is fit enough to play if required , people saying he has not played since January, neither has any player in the lower leagues apart from a couple of games and not many teams are saying their players are not fit 

49 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Zanatta clearly wants away immediately.  I’d grant his wish.  Looked like a huge gamble in the summer after he was chased out of Partick and has proved to be every bit the disaster we might have feared.

Yes, and I'd happily pay his taxi fare to any destination in Scotland. One of the laziest players I have seen for some time at the club. Whatever you do in life you rarely succeed if you are bone idle.

When Kerr tried to play him up front that was when I realised that he had lost the plot.

2 hours ago, Hursty said:

Whats his contract status with Killie?  Seems like someone who if fit would definitely fit in under Hopkin's style 

I think that he will get another contract offer at Killie. Was well thought of and looks more of a threat than some of the donkeys up front that we have*

* I have not watched him on loan, but he must be better than Whitehall/Oakley/Kabamba....

Most of this squad can go in the summer, utterly not fussed about them, obviously a few exceptions Muirhhead, Mccowan for example, re Cameron that was a complete mess by Kerr letting him go ,I'd doubt we'll get him back. 

37 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Todd is fit enough to play if required , people saying he has not played since January, neither has any player in the lower leagues apart from a couple of games and not many teams are saying their players are not fit 

Huge difference playing against other teams who’s players haven’t trained or played, compared to teams that have been playing the entire time. Of course he won’t be fit, at best he has trained for a couple of weeks in the last three months. 

Can maybe see us going for another player on loan if we have the space. Maybe a junior league player? But would they not be in the same boat as Todd and not be fit? 

Mark Shankland back on loan?

When did Thistle sign Stevie Bell? 

Don't think there will be many junior players that would fit what we need. I'm not even sure the last time any of the big junior clubs played. 

Celtic will probably start playing kids once they are mathematically secure in second, Rangers might start soon as well if they lose the unbeaten run. Glass will presumably be taking a look at what Aberdeen have. 

I'd let Zanatta go on loan now, I'd even pay his wage just to get him out the door.  

8 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

When did Thistle sign Stevie Bell? 

Don't think there will be many junior players that would fit what we need. I'm not even sure the last time any of the big junior clubs played. 

Celtic will probably start playing kids once they are mathematically secure in second, Rangers might start soon as well if they lose the unbeaten run. Glass will presumably be taking a look at what Aberdeen have. 

I'd let Zanatta go on loan now, I'd even pay his wage just to get him out the door.  

Bell signed on loan just after Geggan. 

The pedant in me has to point out that there is no such thing as a Junior club in the West of Scotland any more. They are all Senior now.

33 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

What's happened to Zanatta? He was highly rated earlier in his career but seems to have lost his way? Is it purely down to attitude or is he not as good as first hoped?

I honestly think it’s a bit of both , he has the potential but only shows it in small doses