The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

24 minutes ago, North British said:

I think your correct .

I’ll be generally quite gutted if we lose McCowan for nothing.  I could see McCall offering him good money to move to Thistle but I’m hoping he decides to stay with Ayr for at least another year. 

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Quite happy to see the back of as much of this squad as possible.  

Totally , a number of players have been called out here as not good enough and then they are wanted elsewhere and the same people are moaning we are letting them go which I find rather strange , this team has struggled this year in a very poor league can’t blame manager for some of their individual performances and changes are overdue 

4 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Surely we’re going to sign a striker in the next day or two? 

I wouldn't hold your breath, believe our striking options will remain the same until the summer, what we've got will need to be good enough to keep us up.

Hoppy rebuild has started early i see by punting Zanatta, absolute waste of space, clearout of Kerr's deadwood has begun

Quite happy to see the back of as much of this squad as possible.  

Just a thought but are we likely to be able to get rid of any players still under contract in the summer? Chalmers being the obvious one but I really wouldn’t be all too arsed if Hoppy felt like Houston or Baird weren’t good enough for him.

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Just a thought but are we likely to be able to get rid of any players still under contract in the summer? Chalmers being the obvious one but I really wouldn’t be all too arsed if Hoppy felt like Houston or Baird weren’t good enough for him.

I can safely say I would not miss Baird, he is marginally better than Roscoe but only marginally. If he is retained he should not be captain.

Houston I would retain, there is a player in Houston at this level. Theres something not quite right with him - his performance drops after 60/70 mins and he doesn't get forward as he used to (that could be tactical).

Chalmers is an enigma, one minute hes a baller and the next minute he looks disinterested. That and he only operates in one gear - I wonder if he could out run Grant Gillespie?

Edited by Trogdor

Ach its been a horror show of a season, today just adding to it.   As I said before though, we have 5 more league games to get through and have a 4 point lead and a superior goal difference to a part time team in order to stay up.   Slightly better form than them as well and they have lost one of their better players in Bobby Lynn to injury as we lose Smith.    Absolutely no way we should be going down from here no matter what has gone before.   See it out and start again.  

I'd probably promote Muirhead to captain next season. Quite vocal on the park, borderline unhinged too but seems to be disciplined of late. I think we have sorely missed a leader this year, sometimes I think he's the only one trying to take on that role.

1 hour ago, Ayr23 said:

Very surprised that Zanatta has managed a move like that. Was sure he'd be destined for League One. Will not be missed one bit. A shoe in to score a few against us next season.

After seeing the situation with Anderson and Cameron nothing would surprise me when it comes to any of Kerr’s signings next transfer 

Edited by AyrExile

20 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I can safely say I would not miss Baird, he is marginally better than Roscoe but only marginally. If he is retained he should not be captain.

Houston I would retain, there is a player in Houston at this level. Theres something not quite right with him - his performance drops after 60/70 mins and he doesn't get forward as he used to (that could be tactical).

Chalmers is an enigma, one minute hes a baller and the next minute he looks disinterested. That and he only operates in one gear - I wonder if he could out run Grant Gillespie?

Even that’s being generous to Baird if you ask me. When him Roscoe were playing together I don’t either one of them stood out as being better than the other. Baird’s just the only one of the two who’s been given a chance alongside Ndaba or Muirhead.