The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

I suppose we could look at this the other way and say that it's a pretty professional and tight ship that we're running as far as the leaking of info is concerned.

Maybe we'll still get another "out of the blue" announcement ??

Aye thats a good point.   Not long to wait and find out anyway! 

14 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I'm not sure if you still have Arbroath to play away

Oh of course we do, and we really absolutely can't afford to get beat either, against a team who have 6/6 against us so far haha.   Happy days. 

FWIW re: Todd, I can't really say I'd expect any impact from him in the last 5 games based only on his lack of form / games / fitness etc recently so its definitely made us weaker than we were yesterday.  However based on how he did before going to Dundee its someone I'd be happy enough signing for next season, IF we felt that he might stay fit...

5 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Maybe I’m a bit heads gone still after the scotland game last night, but that is utter pish. Here and there off the bench is surely the best we can expect. 

I think you are correct , he will be signed only as cover , don’t think he has been signed to be a replacement for Smith on the park , he will be cover for the person who is going to do that Barjonas? Moffat ? Zanatta? With a bit of luck we could see Dre back next Tuesday and I see Moore is now taking part in more training with the squad and not on his own 

I think you are correct , he will be signed only as cover , don’t think he has been signed to be a replacement for Smith on the park , he will be cover for the person who is going to do that Barjonas? Moffat ? Zanatta? With a bit of luck we could see Dre back next Tuesday and I see Moore is now taking part in more training with the squad and not on his own 
I'd love to see Moore back at some point this season, and I'd probably give him one more crack next year. Sentimental, perhaps, but I've always felt he is a grafter who has had no luck (with Shankland keeping him out the team or injuries). I also think loyalty is a really understated quality in football.

The pragmatist in me says that goal scorers are hard to find, and his injuries mean that he wouldn't be commanding as high a wage as other options.

1 minute ago, Ayr23 said:

Very surprised that Zanatta has managed a move like that. Was sure he'd be destined for League One. Will not be missed one bit. A shoe in to score a few against us next season.

Don’t think Raith will be relegated. 

As well as just releasing him the now, save on wages.

What a strange day.

We’re already struggling to bring in a striker on loan so I’d rather keep him just as an extra body.

If we could be guaranteed to bring in a winger on loan then I’d have no issue sending Zanatta on loan to Raith right now.

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

What a strange day.

It’s that time of year guys , player who are out of contract in May are looking at their next deal ,nothing new . Luke McCowan will have some upward moves to consider , Walsh will have Championship moves to consider . Cameron and Anderson the same incidentally . No doubt Hoppy will be making moves all over the place .

1 minute ago, North British said:

It’s that time of year guys , player who are out of contract in May are looking at their next deal ,nothing new . Luke McCowan will have some upward moves to consider , Walsh will have Championship moves to consider . Cameron and Anderson the same incidentally . No doubt Hoppy will be making moves all over the place .

I've a feeling McCowan may have already signed for someone and its just not been announced.   

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We’re already struggling to bring in a striker on loan so I’d rather keep him just as an extra body.

If we could be guaranteed to bring in a winger on loan then I’d have no issue sending Zanatta on loan to Raith right now.

His only motivation now is to not get injured.

Punt him.