The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Todd is brutal. We don't have the greatest midfield and he still never looked like he would break into it regularly. Looks like he's running in treacle half the time and has basically done nothing for us since he was signed last season. I presumed his next move would be to the lowland league. Amazed that hopkin thinks he's worth a shot in the championship.

Todd has the makings of a Grant Gillespie signing. 
signed as a stopgap and to try to win a deal for next season, much like the boy from Rangers that I have been so unimpressed with I am so certain he will not be here beyond April, I not going to google to find the correct spelling of his name. 

Assuming we do stay up it may be a good chance to look at these guys without making a long term commitment that doesn’t pay off *coughZanattacough*

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Todd has the makings of a Grant Gillespie signing. 
signed as a stopgap and to try to win a deal for next season, much like the boy from Rangers that I have been so unimpressed with I am so certain he will not be here beyond April, I not going to google to find the correct spelling of his name. 

Assuming we do stay up it may be a good chance to look at these guys without making a long term commitment that doesn’t pay off *coughZanattacough*

The boy from Rangers who has played about twenty minutes in total and actually looked okay when he came on at the weekend...

Just now, No_Problemo said:

The boy from Rangers who has played about twenty minutes in total and actually looked okay when he came on at the weekend...

The one who’s only involvement when he came on was to carry the ball unchallenged 60 yards in to the legs of the only player to challenge him. While he had a player either side waiting for a pass.

aye, him.

Guest Peter LaFleur
12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

QotS fans love him. Never seen it myself whilst he was at Dens. Very poor player.

Yep, I expected much more from him at Falkirk dropping down a level as well.

Technically a relatively sound player but he has zero pace and really struggles to keep fit. A very ‘meh’ player who struggled to look capable in league 1. Massive boost for Falkirk to get him off the wage bill.

I had to Google Josh Todd and I still couldnt pick him out of a line up. Definitely not a signing to get the heart racing, but then again we were excited for the likes of Walsh, Dario, Anderson, Baird, Chalmers this season and none have really hit the heights. Honestly just another meh point of a season that has been full of meh 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The one who’s only involvement when he came on was to carry the ball unchallenged 60 yards in to the legs of the only player to challenge him. While he had a player either side waiting for a pass.

aye, him.

He might well turn out to be shite, but this sort of drivel after watching him for about 20 mins is pathetic. Get a grip of yourself.

Just now, Robbo63 said:

That’s what I don’t understand , look at Falkirk forum their fans announced on Thursday he had left club 

He’s maybe been told he can leave, or alternatively told to “go away” but can’t sign as a free agent because he was registered with Falkirk at the start of the window. 

I’m sure the on shift QOTS expert monitoring the Ayr thread will keep us right 

5 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

No he is not he left last Thursday !

No he hasn’t. He’s signed on loan from them. I dare say he’ll probably leave them at end of the season presuming his contract ends then. 

16 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

QotS fans love him. Never seen it myself whilst he was at Dens. Very poor player.

QOS fans have this weird thing where a player who/is absolute pish at any other team was actually amazing for them. It's just weird - up there with the Bermuda triangle thing.

25 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I wouldn’t have called Smith our best player since he joined permanently tbh.

I think if Todd is used properly and can stay fit he’ll be a good signing. Hopefully this loan is with a view to a permanent move in the summer.

A fit Josh Todd will be a excellent signing for you would have him back at Queens .

If he did become available in the summer I would like to think Queens would be interested