The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

So a week and a bit to prepare for the now very important Dundee game . The Clyde game should be very winnable , it should be used as no more than a practice game in preparation for the Dundee fixture . I’m guessing some of the walking wounded won’t be risked for the cup game in an effort to have a first eleven fit for Dundee . 

Be interesting to see if we can get any bodies in on loan before the window closes on Wednesday ! 

4 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Both goals yesterday came from us just completely switching off and not tracking back. Don’t get me wrong the second is a screamer but if Mccowan got back to make it difficult instead of jogging back just watching  that might have helped.

This has been a recurring theme for a number of season . We have always been good with the ball and shit with out it . In the medium to longer term we are going to need far more energy in the midfield . Probably a job for the summer . The system we use with three players behind the striker will have to change as well ...

Murdoch is an absolute shadow these days. Hugely disappointing.

We were just so different to the dens performance, and i don't know why. We lacked energy, and didn't seem to trouble alloa at all. They were absolutely robbwd.

My positivity is well gone and now it's just about survival. Slog through the games, pick up draws, and we'll be alright.

I can't see a lot of positives for next year either but that'll pass and by August I'll be buzzing again. It always happens.

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Murdoch is an absolute shadow these days. Hugely disappointing.

We were just so different to the dens performance, and i don't know why. We lacked energy, and didn't seem to trouble alloa at all. They were absolutely robbwd.

My positivity is well gone and now it's just about survival. Slog through the games, pick up draws, and we'll be alright.

I can't see a lot of positives for next year either but that'll pass and by August I'll be buzzing again. It always happens.

Not too long to start buzzing , Cup starts on 10th July and league 31st Jul 

16 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Not too long to start buzzing , Cup starts on 10th July and league 31st Jul 

Full crowds better be allowed in from the start. 

5 minutes ago, Iain said:

10th July is crazy. The euros probably won't even be finished.

Euro final is the next day. 

29 minutes ago, Iain said:

10th July is crazy. The euros probably won't even be finished.

Something tells me that the likes of Ayr and Queens probably won't be overly hampered though by having players away on international duty in the Euros ........ just a guess, mind. 😏

So, that's March done - 7 games since Kerr left, 6 away and 1 home.   Today was pretty poor but I suppose 3 wins, 3 draws and a defeat from that much is a hell of a lot more than I was expecting 4 weeks ago today at around 6pm after losing that Arbroath game.  We are still in a big fight to stay up but a 4 point gap and a superior goal difference with only 5 games left is certainly a position we should be staying safe from, especially with one game against the team currently in the playoff place - Arbroath have had the beating of us but we do at least now seem to be able to shitfest a draw...  Just wish we could have got a win today.   Arbroath play Alloa on Saturday while we are in cup action, a wee draw there would be superb.  

Imagine if we hadn’t picked up those 3 wins and 3 draws since Kerr left?

Not that I’ve anything against Kerr, but it was definitely the right decision to replace him.

TBF and I'm no fan of hoofball but our equaliser came from a punt up the pitch the difference is McKenzie was there to make a nuisance of himself and he might have not won the first ball but we win the 2nd ball and get a goal even if it was lucky from it, but you can't play that way with Moff upfront himself he needs someone with physicality to try and win the ball.

The day after the heat-of-battle comments - reckon we missed Muirhead in midfield as we didn't seem to win many aerial challenges in there. Miller did alright but Murdoch was largely annoymous. In retrospect, maybe we should have just stuck with Roscoe replacing Ndaba in order to keep Aero where he's been very good of late. I'm also consoled by the fact that we did create chances that on another day would have resulted in more than just the two goals we got - in addition, their second was a worldy even if we could have got to the second ball before the young lad got near it. That kind of 'if only' performance has resulted in many defeats this season - yesterday, we got a point albeit with a bit of luck. Lessons learned include taking your chances and being far more aggresive in midfield.    

22 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

TBF and I'm no fan of hoofball but our equaliser came from a punt up the pitch the difference is McKenzie was there to make a nuisance of himself and he might have not won the first ball but we win the 2nd ball and get a goal even if it was lucky from it, but you can't play that way with Moff upfront himself he needs someone with physicality to try and win the ball.

Cameron and Anderson might just have been a good partnership in a solid 4-4-2 . We’ll never know no I suppose  . Sure to be some changes in our front half next season . Most of our defence is contracted but the wingers and forwards aren’t . Judging by what everyone is saying in  post match interviews . Fitness and high tempo are going to be needed to play in a Hoppyball side .

Aside from the Dundee result, I reckon we'd have probably done the same in the games we've played had Kerr been in charge. Maybe even have got our usual win v Alloa. This is not a post moaning at Kerr's dismissal btw, he was an appointment we shouldn't have made in the first place. Was expecting a bit more from a Hopkin team out the blocks tbh. It's been a bit same old same old 

Edited by Thereisalight..

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Something tells me that the likes of Ayr and Queens probably won't be overly hampered though by having players away on international duty in the Euros ........ just a guess, mind. 😏

Heh, I'm not worried about them. How am I meant to fit in a summer holiday with no break between football seasons?

Aside from the Dundee result, I reckon we'd have probably done the same in the games we've played had Kerr been in charge. Maybe even have got our usual win v Alloa. This is not a post moaning at Kerr's dismissal btw, he was an appointment we shouldn't have made in the first place. Was expecting a bit more from a Hopkin team out the blocks tbh. It's been a bit same old same old 

This is pretty much what I expected tbh. Making us a bit harder to beat and sorting out the blatant mentality issue that was in the squad that made it next to impossible to take points in games that we went behind in.

I don’t think we would’ve beaten Morton under Kerr tbh. We wouldn’t have beaten Dundee either. There’s also every chance we would’ve been on the wrong end of an upset against Elgin.

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

This is pretty much what I expected tbh. Making us a bit harder to beat and sorting out the blatant mentality issue that was in the squad that made it next to impossible to take points in games that we went behind in.

I don’t think we would’ve beaten Morton under Kerr tbh. We wouldn’t have beaten Dundee either. There’s also every chance we would’ve been on the wrong end of an upset against Elgin.

Maybe we're doing Kerr a disservice saying we wouldnt have beaten Dundee, seeing as he did manage to get the win v them at Somerset earlier in the season. 

Hopefully next season when Hopkin has been able to make his own signings we'll see the difference. And by see I mean actually being there and not watching some shit stream 

I was thinking we'd had a bit more fight about us and we're better organised since Hopkin came in but yesterday was a step back in my view. On a decent surface and against a centre half who was going to lap up a high ball but might be a bit slower over the ground, what did we do? Hoof it long to Moffat. Tactically naive.