The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

19 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t think he’s fit. His two games for us will have been the first two games he’ll have played since the Irish league finished last year.

He didn’t look anywhere near fit when he played, so I think at best we’ll get a bit part player for a few games at the end of the season.

Really concerning that info  about Wright surely not another one that’s just picking up the cheque, we definitely made a mistake with Anderson and Cameron who are clearly putting the effort in at other clubs. The boy Cameron was an injury thing we know and would have been ideal him being local.

i think the boy McKenzie does have a chance but is a long way off being first choice so I hope we get someone in and surely must get a bit of luck this time.

Absolutely strolling it, would be stunned if he stays at Ipswich past next season. 
He's so good. Since he's gone to CB he's shown how much class he has, and opponents commentary teams have been complimenting him each time we're away.
If he's got a good head on his shoulders and is determined to keep improving, he could be a top, top player.

27 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

A lot of players just not fitting in or having attitude problems, sounds like there is something not right going on and a change of manager hasn’t fixed it. 

Unfortunately Kerr has been the common denominator. It’s been his unorthodox signings for this league that has went tits up. As said earlier, McGavin was deemed not good enough last season, hardly kicked a ball this year and all of a sudden is fine. Wright not kicked a ball for months and is brought in to replace 2 strikers who never really got a shot in a role that plays to their strengths. 

41 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Not sure who we could get on loan, nobody at either of the old firm left who i'd take

Anyone got any suggestions?

Scott Tiffoney just went on loan to Partick. Seemed to score a few at the start of this season, and didn’t get much of a chance with us last season. Assuming Hopkin doesn’t rate him as Wouldn't have had to cast his net very far for that one! 

Thought I’d compile a list of Mark Kerrs signings as Ayr United manager. Will split them into good and pish, on how they performed for us rather than how good they actually are/how they are performing elsewhere or before they came:

Good: Houston (that’s a generous one as he signed permanently for us under Kerr, but was originally a McCall signing, Drinan, Ndaba, Smith, Sinisalo

On the fence: Reading, Miller, Walsh, Malley, Urminsky, Baird

Pish: Zanatta, Wright, McGavin, Chalmers, Anderson, Cameron, Tiffoney, Gillespie.

Think I’ve been quite fair with that.