The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Moore isn’t going to come in and be our saviour this season. If he starts match practice in April he won’t be fit enough to really impact games until at least the end of May and the season finishes on 30th April. 

if we rush him back he will breakdown again and the guy has had enough problems. I’d keep him for next season but it’d be On a pay as you play deal

Edited by ryanayr1987

8 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Moore would be a hero to the Ayr support if it wasn’t for two things, missing the penalty at Alloa and Lawrence Shankland. 

He scored a barrel load when we won the league, Shankland got sent off against Stranraer and We nearly blew the whole being against Alloa. Shankland was forgiven and Moore wasn’t.

I’d like to see a fit Moore back to prove what he can do in the Championship, maybe rather than prove himself on a short term deal, sign him for a year and loan him out for the first half, we still pay him for half a season but hopefully it is the fit, match sharp half.

A penalty miss that ended up meaning nothing as we still went on and won the league and he scored the opening goal against Albion Rovers to get us on our way. I genuinely don’t know any Ayr fans who still holds that miss against him. 

8 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Moore would be a hero to the Ayr support if it wasn’t for two things, missing the penalty at Alloa and Lawrence Shankland. 

He scored a barrel load when we won the league, Shankland got sent off against Stranraer and We nearly blew the whole being against Alloa. Shankland was forgiven and Moore wasn’t.

I’d like to see a fit Moore back to prove what he can do in the Championship, maybe rather than prove himself on a short term deal, sign him for a year and loan him out for the first half, we still pay him for half a season but hopefully it is the fit, match sharp half.

I don’t think most Ayr fans even remember the penalty miss.  The idea that those who do haven’t “forgiven” Moore strikes me as way wide of the mark.  Can’t really remember any comments  to that effect at the time or since.

15 minutes ago, HMIP said:

I don’t think most Ayr fans even remember the penalty miss.  The idea that those who do haven’t “forgiven” Moore strikes me as way wide of the mark.  Can’t really remember any comments  to that effect at the time or since.

He scored at least 20 goals that season, Shankland scored at least 25, Moffat, Forrest and McDaid all got in to double figures.
Moore got pelters from the support when he came back from about 8 months out with concussion for not scoring at the same rate. Moffat didn’t get any abuse for not scoring as much. Moore himself had a dig after the Albion Rovers match about the abuse he got for missing the penalty. 

He scored at least 20 goals that season, Shankland scored at least 25, Moffat, Forrest and McDaid all got in to double figures.
Moore got pelters from the support when he came back from about 8 months out with concussion for not scoring at the same rate. Moffat didn’t get any abuse for not scoring as much. Moore himself had a dig after the Albion Rovers match about the abuse he got for missing the penalty. 
Moore got 28 in 41 games that season and how many games did he start after Shankland came in? Unfortunately a lot of our fans remember the miss against Talbot in the Scottish cup and the pen against Allow.

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:

Sounds like he's more than just a goalkeeper coach, wonder what this means for Tory boy.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/january/dave-timmins-appointed/

Not convinced Derek is going anywhere, he's standing in Renfrewshire South. Tends to be a pretty much straight shoot out between SNP and Labour, both candidates are locals that are known well. 

Don’t know anything about Timmins, he managed in Sweden and has been coaching at a few lower league clubs in England as a goalkeeper coach.

I don’t think it will impact Stillies role at all, from the article about his appointment at Rochdale it described him as being a good developer of individuals. With managing at a club he must be capable or at least willing to manage all aspects of coaching 

Timmins was the reason we signed Sam Ramsbottom. He was supposed to be this... super scout/GK coach rolled into one and brought in no-one who was any good whilst we had the worst goalkeeper in the league who only got worse as time progressed. 

The general consensus was he came up from England thinking this was a pub league and he could bring along any old chancer and they'd stroll it. If he's got over that then maybe he'll be half decent.

5 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Timmins was the reason we signed Sam Ramsbottom. He was supposed to be this... super scout/GK coach rolled into one and brought in no-one who was any good whilst we had the worst goalkeeper in the league who only got worse as time progressed. 

The general consensus was he came up from England thinking this was a pub league and he could bring along any old chancer and they'd stroll it. If he's got over that then maybe he'll be half decent.

Sounds fantastic!

I don’t really see anything to suggest he’s anything other than a goalkeeper coach, and even at that we have one and he thought Ramsbottom was decent. 

17 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Ramsbottom in his Daisy Duke short shorts gave one of the worst goalkeeping performances I have ever seen at Somerset. 

48 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Not convinced Derek is going anywhere, he's standing in Renfrewshire South. Tends to be a pretty much straight shoot out between SNP and Labour, both candidates are locals that are known well. 

Got pumped in my constituency for an MP so nice to see him get pumped elsewhere for an MSP!

Timmins clearly got it very very wrong with Ramsbottom but if he was responsible for bringing players up from England he clearly didn’t do much work as they only really signed the goalie and Salkeld. Unless he was also scouting players in this country as well or there are other signings made from England that I am not aware of.

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Timmins clearly got it very very wrong with Ramsbottom but if he was responsible for bringing players up from England he clearly didn’t do much work as they only really signed the goalie and Salkeld. Unless he was also scouting players in this country as well or there are other signings made from England that I am not aware of.

Luca Coville

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Sounds fantastic!

I don’t really see anything to suggest he’s anything other than a goalkeeper coach, and even at that we have one and he thought Ramsbottom was decent. 

Timmins will be assistant manager and Stillie will remain goalkeeping coach I believe 

Edited by Robbo63