The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:
55 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:
Strapp and Lyon both under contract. McAdams, Colville and Jacobs maybe the only 3 he would look at. Actually, he can f**k off for any of those.

You mean those are the 5 who you'd not want to lose?

The only ones worth keeping. McGuffie might be playing himself on to that list.

Just now, Superhursy7 said:
2 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:
The only ones worth keeping. McGuffie might be playing himself on to that list.

McGuffie can come home was Kerr's first mistake in letting him leave.

He has been very good since securing a start, great goals against Hearts and Dundee and the decisive assist on Tuesday.

Got to say, this manager appointment wasn't what I was expecting. Though we should get fully behind David Hopkin, as it looks like he's here for the long run. 

Thanks and credit to David White for the past two games, he Dropped Zanatta and Chalmers and got four points out of six, which was more than I expected. I hope Hopkin does the same (Drops them both) and gets a decent grip of the team. Get the best out of the players. 

Managers come and go by the dozen. From Greats Like Ally Mcleod and Ian Mccall, to duds Like Mark Roberts and Neil Watt. One thing will never change, Through good times and bad times, we support Ayr United. So let's hope this appointment will be a positive one and get behind David Hopkin and give him our backing as he leads The Super! Mon Ayr! 👍

If Hopkin can replicate the job he did with livingston then Ayr are onto a winner. However by and large his time at cappielow was a disappointment. He signed a lot of shit and left us with largely unbalanced squads devoid of quality and goals. In saying that he did bring in Colville, Jacobs, Cadden and has brought Lewis Strapp into the team. The football was generally shite so if Ayr have any ball playing midfielders then they better get used to watching the ball fly over their heads. 

17 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

If Hopkin can replicate the job he did with livingston 

If by 'replicating the job he did with Livingston' you mean taking over halfway through the season, with the team involved in the relegation battle and proceeding to take them down to the seaside league via a loss in the playoffs then yes, from a Morton perspective, let's hope he does just that.

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:

Notice that there was no talk of loan signings or free agents coming in I assume we are going with what we have.

I think that all depends if Hoppy thinks Wright and McKenzie can get us through to May leading the line . I have a feeling another proper 9 coming in on loan may occur , even as cover for Wright . We have games coming thick and fast , players will need their loads to be managed properly . Remember every point is crucial .

Notice that there was no talk of loan signings or free agents coming in I assume we are going with what we have.

Early days yet. He’s obviously seen 2 of our matches but he may want to see the guys in training and another game or two before deciding if any changes need to be made.

Obviously there’s still a real risk we could go down but I’d like to see a bit of forward planning and for Hopkin to start thinking about who he can bring in for next season. This doesn’t need to happen right away though but I hope he starts looking at PCA as an option.

51 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Do you think from that, Finn Ecrepont Could potentially get A game in the coming season? 

I believe he is still very raw, there must be a player in there but he’s still young. Maybe back up for next season? 

ive been impressed with the attitude of the players and what davie white has got out of them. Hopefully Hopkins will continue that and maybe move them on a wee bit. Looking at the first  part of the season there’s only a few I’d want to keep! 

also absolutely not calling him hoppy that can get in the fucking bin

24 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I believe he is still very raw, there must be a player in there but he’s still young. Maybe back up for next season? 

ive been impressed with the attitude of the players and what davie white has got out of them. Hopefully Hopkins will continue that and maybe move them on a wee bit. Looking at the first  part of the season there’s only a few I’d want to keep! 

also absolutely not calling him hoppy that can get in the fucking bin

How about Ginger Spice?