The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Lol

"I hope that before too long, in some competition or another, fans will be able to be in Somerset Park to watch Ayr United beat Killie" Nicola Sturgeon says in response to Kilmarnock MSP Willie Coffey

Heh. Hard to understand why Craig Levein wants her to resign.

2 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

They spent an absolute fortune on it as they wanted to do it properly rather than lowest bidder. Can't remember the exact sum but sure it wasn't much change out of a million including the associated works around it. 

550k mostly funded by the stadium owners Starks Park Properties

Wasn,t a lover of artificial surfaces but must say Starks has changed my view.Its a quality surface and would much rather watch us play on that surface than some of the grass tattie fields.

Do miss seeing the good old sliding tackles in the mud though

Edited by Rovers_Lad

18 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Someone on this forum said that McCann was going to relegate Inverness! Surely it can’t happen...

Of course he is, probably no even his fault this one. 

2 hours ago, Rodders1910 said:
2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:
I wouldn’t of minded Neil McCann at Ayr tbh, speaks very well. 

I always thought he came across as an absolute weapon tbh

I know those views should be mutually exclusive but I hold both.

I almost plumped for him in the new manager stakes with the 'strengthen us and weaken a rival' although it looks like he's doing well enough at wekeaning a rival.

Edited by Trogdor

10 hours ago, Iain said:

With our final game against Hearts coming this weekend it's a reminder that the end of the season will be here soon. Has flown by.

Really gutted we've missed out on seeing a "big team" like Hearts at Somerset. It was a game I was looking forward to. Tynecastle I've never been to and was going to go to our game there. Scunnering season tbh 

18 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Cost prohibitive for me. I know the pitch has been shocking this season (new groundsman required?) but you're talking about shelling out hundreds of thousands to install a artificial and then to maintain it so it gets a decent life. I'm not convinced there is an enormous payback with bookings etc. Maybe if it was subsidised in part by the government; lottery or some such but then given the current environment its unlikely there would be funding available.

How much can you afford. 

I have to ask honestly, as I'm very uncertain, when I think of a manager appointment, I think of them bringing in players from their former team. (Neil Watt the exception) Players that they have managed before.

Would that be worthwhile with Hopkin? and who would it be?? 

Edited by Roxanne's man

2 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I have to ask honestly, as I'm very uncertain, when I think of a manager appointment, I think of them bringing in players from their former team. (Neil Watt the exception) Players that they have managed before.

Take the fucking lot of them.

With our budget Hopkin was probably the best we could expect. Has experience of taking a team from the Championship to Premiership too which is one of things Davie Smith has mentioned a few times he wants for Ayr.

Probably not.

Think their goalie is pretty decent so might be a decent replacement for Sinisalo. Lewis Strapp is also a baller but he’s still under contract.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Probably not.

Think their goalie is pretty decent so might be a decent replacement for Sinisalo. Lewis Strapp is also a baller but he’s still under contract.

Strapp and Lyon both under contract. McAdams, Colville and Jacobs maybe the only 3 he would look at. Actually, he can f**k off for any of those.