The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Gutted I didn't catch the "Dylan Dykes would be a good signing" posts before Dryhorce was emptied again, that might just have been his worst ever contribution :lol: Voted our worst player of the last decade on the Morton forum, and as far as I've seen Stenhousemuir fans were unanimous that he was utter shite there as well.

I just think it's amazing all the free players Tartan Tammy contributed 😂 Jamaican Goalkeepers and ffs, Dylan Dykes 😂😂

Wait and I'll get the car and we'll go pick them all up together, on a jolly wee drive to Somerset park recruitment office! 👍😂 Totally Delusional! Must play a lot of Video games. 

I'm confident that whatever manager Ayr get, will get the team out this temporary bump in the road. Ayr need to stay up to see their soap dodging neighbours next season. That, in my mind, is reason enough for them to play better and get at least 8/7th. 

The results today were massive in terms of easing pressure and giving the new manager a bit of breathing space. Still plenty of time to screw it up but we should have enough about us to end up fairly safe 

It's hard not to get carried away after so long without a win! But we did play well, and the goals were well taken. I think we'll be fine (8th or above). It's also hard not to start thinking about an Ayrshire derby next season...

17 hours ago, rb123! said:

It was an old property situated behind the current shop/lottery office, it has been demolished to make way for the building of the new Somerset Hub.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/ayr-united-unveil-ambition-future-22355220

If you've got time on your hands there's the planning application which'll give you more detail:

https://publicaccess.south-ayrshire.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=QBLH9WBDGII00

Thanks for that...not sure how I missed it.

It's great that the club have invested in this badly needed facility and the social club should hopefully be a money spinner to finance more upgrades in future. Hawkhill BC might not be so pleased right enough but they are always great for away fans as my mob love going there for our trips to the coast. Good also that the stand is next in line for an upgrade.

Excellent result today and i'm not just saying that as it was against the great unwashed Inverclyde bumpkins.

Onwards and upwards chaps👍

Don't know if it was the changes made by Whyte or Morton were just shite but three welcome points. 

Morton defended like Jack Baird for both goals, both well worked, passed round the defence and two good finishes from Smith. Walsh flitted between complete luxury player and useful wide player, McCowan linked everything well. 

Still a few issues that would have cost us in previous games but Morton offered nothing up front. The defence sat for a change and let the forwards do all the running which maybe helped, Murdoch was a lot better. 

Well what a difference a win makes.  I did feel the squad was far better than the performances suggested, but still didn't expect anything of note today.   All of a sudden I'm looking forward to a few cans and a stream of the Raith game on Tuesday night.  

20 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

Noticed on driving past Somerset with work this week a building has been demolished. Was it the club shop? Apologies if this has been discussed already.

Took this last week. 

PXL_20210227_132824040.MP.jpg

6 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Is the shop being demolished at the same time?

I think that will all go as I’m sure the new building will include offices (for lottery and AU staff) as well as new shop and social club. 

9 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Is the shop being demolished at the same time?

Unlikely. It's attached to the offices. Once the hub is ready the portacabins will be removed.

Edited by RedEd

9 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Took this last week. 

PXL_20210227_132824040.MP.jpg

Looking much better now , there is nothing left standing and all rubble and machinery from demolition firm is away , now ready for the building company to move in and  start the construction 

2 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Looking much better now , there is nothing left standing and all rubble and machinery from demolition firm is away , now ready for the building company to move in and  start the construction 

Excellent, hopefully a quick process and the pints are waiting for us when fans come back. 

Just now, Robbo63 said:

Told it should be up and running by August 

Whats the capacity of the bar, do we know?  I'm too lazy to trawl through the plans.  And is the bar at the supporters club in the Hospitality suite still going to be run separately as a members thing?

Just now, Hursty said:

Whats the capacity of the bar, do we know?  I'm too lazy to trawl through the plans.  And is the bar at the supporters club in the Hospitality suite still going to be run separately as a members thing?

I think the capacity has even been increased from the original plans as extra land is being used.