The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, Fitbafollower said:

Muirhead is a better player playing centre half

again he is a player who appears to give 100 percent wherever the manager asks him to play

however as said earlier I believe we need to play individuals in their strongest positions looking for points 

So in their strongest positions what is your team for Saturday. 

7 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

So in their strongest positions what is your team for Saturday. 

Sinisalo 

Houston-Baird-Muirhead-Ndaba

Smith-McGavin-Murdoch-Reading/Walsh

McCowan-Moffat

Reading i'm sure has played LM for U21's, granted i've no idea how good he is in that position however he might give us more solidity to Walsh. Thought Walsh was poor on Saturday and got roared at by Muirhead after the Arbroath goal for not tracking back, overall wasn't impressed with him, too many times when he gets the ball on the wing he immediately cuts inside and pings a cross into nobody, instead of taking the full back on.

Think honestly Walsh would be more suited to a central role however with the situation we're in we must go back to basics with the more structured 4/4/2 and means there may not be room to accommodate him in the team.

As people are saying and as we knew at the start of the season, squad is unbalanced with too many similar types of players, think we all put cotton wool over our eyes to the situation by believing that Kerr would have us simply outscoring the opposition with our attacking players no matter how open we were at the back.

5 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Thought Walsh was poor on Saturday and got roared at by Muirhead after the Arbroath goal for not tracking back,

Watched highlights back last night and spotted this too - wasn't just Muirhead, there were 2 or 3 of them having a right go at him and it continued right on until we kicked off. 

Edited by Hursty

Walsh has been a massive disappointment, barely played for half the season and been very quiet when it's mattered.

All of the summer signings have been average at best; Miller, Walsh, Sinisalo, Reading, Zanatta, Chalmers...I wouldn't be sad to see any of them leave the way they've been playing. 

5 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Walsh has been a massive disappointment, barely played for half the season and been very quiet when it's mattered.

All of the summer signings have been average at best; Miller, Walsh, Sinisalo, Reading, Zanatta, Chalmers...I wouldn't be sad to see any of them leave the way they've been playing. 

Hoping whoever the new manager is comes in and can give them a rocket up the backside and change our opinion on some of those summer signings. Walsh especially who should be doing a lot better than he is, likes of Zanatta and Chalmers have been known for hot/cold moments, Miller was always seen as more of a squad player and Sinisalo and Reading was always the unknown. Reading has time yet to improve but i'm not expecting him to get to Harvie levels.

Sinisalo has been one of our best players when you look at the amount of saves he has made, a couple of games would have been right doings if it wasn't for him.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Sinisalo 

Houston-Baird-Muirhead-Ndaba

Smith-McGavin-Murdoch-Reading/Walsh

McCowan-Moffat

Sorry but how many of those are in their ‘strongest position’?

The players we have would suit a back 3/5 I think. Both Muirhead and Ndaba should be comfortable playing as “outside” centre backs given their experience playing as full backs, and Reading would probably benefit from a more advanced role.

Add to that it should lessen the need for a ball winner type in midfield as the centre backs would have a bit more freedom to step up.

Sinisalo

Muirhead - Baird - Ndaba

Houston - Murdoch - McGavin - Reading

McCowan - Smith

Wright

I doubt it will happen but I’d like to see it.

7 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

The players we have would suit a back 3/5 I think. Both Muirhead and Ndaba should be comfortable playing as “outside” centre backs given their experience playing as full backs, and Reading would probably benefit from a more advanced role.

Add to that it should lessen the need for a ball winner type in midfield as the centre backs would have a bit more freedom to step up.

Sinisalo

Muirhead - Baird - Ndaba

Houston - Murdoch - McGavin - Reading

McCowan - Smith

Wright

I doubt it will happen but I’d like to see it.

Wright is out for the next game and probably the one after 

Edited by ryanayr1987

3 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Wright is out for the next game and probably the one after 

It’s just a general team, not specifically for the next game. Could do with Wright back soon but I’d probably give McKenzie a chance just now.

I reckon White might give McKenzie a bash on Saturday. He knows him well from the youth setup and got a fair amount of goals out of him for the reserves, so you hope he might play him with Moffat or McCowan to get the best out of him. 

32 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I’m sure White said to AU Media he could be available for Tuesday? 

Yes in his midweek interview, he said he will train again  today ( Friday) and should be available for Tuesday , Saturday would just be too soon for him

12 hours ago, Shibuya said:

Sinisalo for me has been one of our best this season, he was constantly sold down the river in the first half of the season but managed to stop us being battered. Just look at the number of saves he's made. 

From the outfield players there Miller has be the one who has stepped up the most when it mattered, look at his job on Charlie Adam in the Dundee win for example. He's very much a championship utility man that'll be a decent enough job but never be spectacular. The rest I wouldn't be sad either unless they suddenly turn into the players we thought they could be over the run in, which in itself would raise questions.