The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

38 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

You thought we could finish third the other week though.

Yes but then changed my outlook after losing to an Arbroath team I thought we would beat , and certainty  not the only person who has changed their mind on where we would finish this season, if we win or lose the next 4 games I would change my opinion again and find there is nothing wrong with that 

Edited by Robbo63

4 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Yes but then changed my outlook after losing to an Arbroath team I thought we would beat , and certainty  not the only person who has changed their mind on where we would finish this season, if we win next 4 games I would change my opinion again and find there is nothing wrong with that 

Robbo we've won 4 games all season I don't know how you could possibly entertain the idea of us winning our next 4 in a row.

4 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

I am not indicating we will win , just indicating future results will lead to me changing my finishing position again , why would you remove the part when I said win or lose a d change it to just the win part !!!!!! 

I didn't, that was the quote before you edited it.

To be fair, Queen of the South won 1 of their first 9 games as far as I can see (against Alloa) and have all of a sudden followed that with 6 wins and 2 draws from their next 9.   Don't think they were showing that many signs of recovery when that run started either..

The way we look just now I really can't see where we are getting any wins from now on other than Alloa but its certainly not impossible - the league seems particularly strange for good / bad runs this season - ourselves, Norton and Inverness all currently have 1 win in 10.   Unfortunately for us the other two seem to be at least battling out for more draws. 

16 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Since it’s testing day, hopefully we may have some news re the manager. We could do with a lift! 

I would guess today is the latest they would announce anything until after the weekend game. (Maybe until after Tuesday's game given the timeframes.)

54 minutes ago, Iain said:

I would guess today is the latest they would announce anything until after the weekend game. (Maybe until after Tuesday's game given the timeframes.)

Shame this isn't a home game, might have had a bump in subs from all the "interested" managers watching the game. 

2 hours ago, Hursty said:

To be fair, Queen of the South won 1 of their first 9 games as far as I can see (against Alloa) and have all of a sudden followed that with 6 wins and 2 draws from their next 9.   Don't think they were showing that many signs of recovery when that run started either..

The way we look just now I really can't see where we are getting any wins from now on other than Alloa but its certainly not impossible - the league seems particularly strange for good / bad runs this season - ourselves, Norton and Inverness all currently have 1 win in 10.   Unfortunately for us the other two seem to be at least battling out for more draws. 

Apart from Hearts everyone has had a horrendous run at some point. If you were an eternal optimist you could say we are only 7 points behind 4th, with 11 games to go and from Dundee down nobody is exactly on fire, QotS and Arbroath are on decent runs but are hardly world beaters. A win this week then a new manager bounce and you never know - we still have to play Dundee twice, which would then leave us needing just to better their results by 1 point .

Obviously I dont think its likely, and limping into 7th or 8th is probably as good an outcome as we can expect, just 4th is not impossible

I'm not overly bothered about finishing 4th, we aren't going to be winning any playoffs to go up (nor do I necessarily think it's a good time to do so) mid table is absolutely fine.  

The more you look at it, Saturday is huge.  Win and we are a point ahead of Morton with the game in hand midweek.  Lose and we could quite easily be 5 points adrift in 9th place if ICT beat Alloa and Arbroath beat QoS.   

12 minutes ago, honestly united said:

I dont think we will, its more an illustration of how bad the rest of the league is

Whilst that's true and the quality of this league has dropped, we would still need to win about 60% of our games to stand a chance.

White says the players are gutted at Kerr leaving, it never particularly struck me that they had turned against him so who knows where that leaves us. You would expect a reaction on Saturday but then you'd be asking where that's been all season.