The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

This is a serious question to Ayr fans. If your chairman wants to take an existent manager from another club, do they have the finances to do it. After all, clubs are struggling. 

You're really desperate we try to get McCall back, aren't you pal?

1 hour ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

In all seriousness you won't get McCall ( more's the pity). But maybe your chairman will ask him for recommendations. Alan Archibald??

He did pop into my head the other day tbh, not sure what i'd make of that one

2 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Thanks to Mark and Mick for what they tried to do at the club , as a player he deserves to go with respect , just sorry it did not work out for them and wish them both success going forward 

They had the right ideas and seemingly did a lot of stuff behind the scenes on the player data side, just didn't hack it as a combo on the dugout, if Sandy Stewart had been there as a 3rd coach it might have been different. Not having a 3rd coach on the sidelines cost them sadly.

15 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Won't happen but as someone mentioned earlier terry butcher would be a phenomenal appointment. One can only dream .maybe with the new owners big plans for the club it might appeal to a big name.

The thought of Terry Butcher and Aaron Muirhead in the same dressing room is quite a frightening prospect for everyone else in the dressing room IMO.

1 minute ago, super_carson said:

You're really desperate we try to get McCall back, aren't you pal?

Personally I don't care who takes McCall. But the question is fairly straightforward. Regards McCall. He is on a pretty healthy contract at Thistle and compensation would be hefty.

24 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

😳 Surely you can't be serious about Levein. 

A near 40% win rate over his managerial career that includes international football and the English Premier league? I couldn't be more serious. It wasn't that long ago we were scoffing at the thought of John Hughes coming to us, he's now managing in the top flight and beating Celtic. 

What jobber would you suggest like? 

1 minute ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Personally I don't care who takes McCall. But the question is fairly straightforward. Regards McCall. He is on a pretty healthy contract at Thistle and compensation would be hefty.

Ian McCall won’t be our new manager and I’m pretty glad about that. Best keeping the past in the past. 

3 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

A near 40% win rate over his managerial career that includes international football and the English Premier league? I couldn't be more serious. It wasn't that long ago we were scoffing at the thought of John Hughes coming to us, he's now managing in the top flight and beating Celtic. 

What jobber would you suggest like? 

To be clear, he never managed in the English Premier league. Leicester were in the Championship at the time.

Your point stands on pedigree though. He has that.

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

To be clear, he never managed in the English Premier league. Leicester were in the Championship at the time.

Your point stands on pedigree though. He has that.

Just checked and you're right, apologies. He was a no nonsense defender in his career and I think would get the attention of a few in the dressing room right away. 

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

Just checked and you're right, apologies. He was a no nonsense defender in his career and I think would get the attention of a few in the dressing room right away. 

What Managers would jump at the chance at managing Ayr though? 

1 minute ago, Roxanne's man said:

What Managers would jump at the chance at managing Ayr though? 

It's all about convincing them. I dont think when Wright left St johnstone that he would've gone to a relegation threatened Kilmarnock. 

We must make ourselves an attractive prospect as possible instead of waiting for managers to come to us. 

5 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I just don't like the man tbh.

If you put the individual to one side, on their managerial record metric he will be up there with the best available.