The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, Hursty said:

Youd think.  Still seems mental that Michael Hewitt came on ahead of him in midfield last week.   And that's nothing against Hewitt but just seems bizarre 

I actually think the sub worked to an extent, Hewitt brought a more physical approach than we've had in midfield all season and we certainly started retaining the ball further up the park after he came on.  Almost like we need a ball winner in there and we can all see it.  

McGavin, we are told, is not that style. 

I was perplexed when the sub was made but on reflection I'd say it was the right call. 

14 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Yep, we were signing at least one new player every week!

Not to mention the coaching turnover! "Where did Iain Munro go?", "Who's the guy with the cane yelling at everyone?".

14 minutes ago, Iain said:

Not to mention the coaching turnover! "Where did Iain Munro go?", "Who's the guy with the cane yelling at everyone?".

Not to mention the deluded belief that Dalziel was surely on the way out.  I mean everyone else can see that he hasn’t a clue, why can’t Barr?  Sigh.  Happy days.

After all the lows that we have been through, I’ve followed Ayr loyally from the 80s, but weirdly and regrettably, I just wasn’t interested during the “glory year” of reaching the cup final and semi final.

I don’t even remember why but think I went to 1 or 2 league games only!

To think I missed out on that but managed to catch all of Neil Watts games!!!

2 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Believe he is going home soon 

Surprised he'll be allowed back into New Zealand, suppose as long as he quarantines. 

Was surprised he signed again for this season, should have been given a chance IMO.

This a GK on loan? 

Not Doohan is it 👀

4 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Surprised he'll be allowed back into New Zealand, suppose as long as he quarantines. 

Was surprised he signed again for this season, should have been given a chance IMO.

This a GK on loan? 

Not Doohan is it 👀

No idea even if it is a goalie , just looking at what’s happening in the near future , could be putting 2+2 and getting 5 , but I know he is going real soon 

Edited by Robbo63

17 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

No idea even if it is a goalie , just looking at what’s happening in the near future , could be putting 2+2 and getting 5 , but I know he is going real soon 

Don't understand how he has fallen down the pecking order at Celtic behind Conor Hazard, remember the 1st season he was with us and Hazard was at Partick it was Doohan who had the much better season. Still think he's better than Hazard, Doohan contract up next summer so be interesting what happens this year with new Celtic manager coming in.