The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Jesus another attacking midfielder/winger, just what we need, oh wait, we don't!

To be fair we are missing someone out wide that has a bit of pace that can stretch and cause defences problems, the only proper winger we have is Zanata (and has had plenty of chances and not really impressed),  McCowan, Smith or Walsh are more attacking midfielders and while technically good are all kinda the same player.

I dont know if Fotheringham fits that mould but anyone with a bit of pace and urgency would be an asset at the moment.

I don't remember the last time you played Zanatta in his proper position!  Mostly using him up front as a target, something he has never done in his football life.....Put him out on the left and let him run at people.  Been pretty successful in this league doing that.  

Edited by TopGunners

11 minutes ago, TopGunners said:

I don't remember the last time you played Zanatta in his proper position!  Mostly using him up front as a target, something he has never done in his football life.....Put him out on the left and let him run at people.  Been pretty successful in this league doing that.  

He has played a season and a half at this level, 6 months on loan to Alloa and then last season playing for relegated Thistle in a reduced season. 

This season, he hasn't looked interested, when he comes off the bench he looks like he has already played 90 minutes. He will not get an extension at Ayr based on what he has done so far and any full time clubs would be absolute mugs to sign him next year based on either his lack of ability or his unwillingness to show it for Ayr. 

43 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

He has played a season and a half at this level, 6 months on loan to Alloa and then last season playing for relegated Thistle in a reduced season. 

This season, he hasn't looked interested, when he comes off the bench he looks like he has already played 90 minutes. He will not get an extension at Ayr based on what he has done so far and any full time clubs would be absolute mugs to sign him next year based on either his lack of ability or his unwillingness to show it for Ayr. 

He’s looked decent the few times he’s came on out on the left to be fair. I can’t remember him getting any longer than twenty minutes though. Another Kerr isn’t getting anything like the best out of. 

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

He’s looked decent the few times he’s came on out on the left to be fair. I can’t remember him getting any longer than twenty minutes though. Another Kerr isn’t getting anything like the best out of. 

Is there any player in the squad that we can actually say have improved under Mark Kerr? Luke McCowan perhaps but apart from that I’m struggling. 

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Is there any player in the squad that we can actually say have improved under Mark Kerr? Luke McCowan perhaps but apart from that I’m struggling. 

Agreed he’s about the only one and f**k knows what’s happened to Houston

7 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Absolutely not the case with Mccowan, he was on fire when McCall got a hold of him. He did get tired at the end of his first full  season but that was to be expected as he was played a lot

2 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Further to Jonathan Van Tam analogy for COVID19 that we are 3-0 up but if we’re not careful we might lose 4-3.  How many games can you remember us throwing away a 3-0 lead?

ICT in the cup is he one that jumps out to me.

Not quite 3-0 but two seasons ago when we were 3-1 up v. Ross County at home and ended up drawing 3-3 after they just played long balls over the top of the defence.  I still maintain the last minute postponement of the Inverness game and that result after we pumped Dundee Utd killed any momentum.  If we had won both those games immediately after the Tannadice game I think we could well have won the league that season.

Not quite 3-0 but two seasons ago when we were 3-1 up v. Ross County at home and ended up drawing 3-3 after they just played long balls over the top of the defence.  I still maintain the last minute postponement of the Inverness game and that result after we pumped Dundee Utd killed any momentum.  If we had won both those games immediately after the Tannadice game I think we could well have won the league that season.

I thought at half time we’d win the league. I remember Smith fluffed a great chance right at the end to win 4-3.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I thought at half time we’d win the league. I remember Smith fluffed a great chance right at the end to win 4-3.

Absolutely - we were brilliant that season in late November/early December.  An unlucky draw and a late postponement killed the momentum, as I say.  After that there was the Talbot  debacle and we just never got going again after that, despite the highs of those two seasons I kind of felt it went out with a bit of a whimper. 

Somewhat pertinent to our current situation, lack of momentum hampering any progress. 

25 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Anyone heard any rumours that there could be a 'non playing' debut tomorrow? 

If it happens and is what I think you are talking about  , I believe it was planned to happen over 3 weeks ago , last I heard it was still on hold due to unforeseen circumstances, 

Edited by Robbo63

Anyone heard any rumours that there could be a 'non playing' debut tomorrow? 

If it happens and is what I think you are talking about  , I believe it was planned to happen over 3 weeks ago , last I heard it was still on hold due to unforeseen circumstances, 

A new coach?

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

In other news The S*n are saying that Smith could be away to America in the summer.

I think that was his main intention when he left Dundee United , it was not possible to go in January , would be surprised if he stayed in Scotland , but you never know