The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Right.   All agreed is crunch time.  Anyone fancy a prediction for what our status will be 2 weeks from right now - 9th March.  Fixtures before that - Arbroath H, Morton A, Raith A.

I'm going for 5 points from 9 (win draw draw) and the situation to not be that different to right now - Kerr still in charge, league still tight, everyone still arguing.  

8 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Obviously seeing us in 9th place doesn’t look good at first glance. We’re 4 points above Alloa with two games in hand, and only a point behind Arbroath with 2 games in hand. Yes performances have been shite, but there is no way we’re getting relegated. 

I've never found games in hand to be very beneficial to a team playing poorly. 

18 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Obviously seeing us in 9th place doesn’t look good at first glance. We’re 4 points above Alloa with two games in hand, and only a point behind Arbroath with 2 games in hand. Yes performances have been shite, but there is no way we’re getting relegated. 

Aw ffs 

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Yes, the team 4 points and 5 places above us have played two games more.  

For balance, its worth noting that the teams 3 and 4 places above us have played a game less and are 1 point & 3 points in front of us. 

FWIW Games in hand are never gimmes. See CFC for reference. 

6 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

For balance, its worth noting that the teams 3 and 4 places above us have played a game less and are 1 point & 3 points in front of us. 

FWIW Games in hand are never gimmes. See CFC for reference. 

No they are not a gimmie

The point I'm making is you have wee guys losing their mind simply because we are in a position right now that we could very easily get out of without even winning a game (7th tonight if we drew).  

If the 'favorites' were all to win at the weekend (unlikely IMO) then we are in 6th place.  The table is absolutely mental because 6 teams have games in hand, it's where we are when it evens out that matters and I don't know where that is and neither does anyone else.  

We have won 4 out of 15, Two of the wins were against bottom placed Alloa. We haven't beaten a full time team since November. 

Being positive because miraculously, despite being on this relegation form, we are somehow still in with an outside chance of getting in to a promotion play-off place is not something I can buy in to. 

We are in danger of sleepwalking over a cliff here. 4 games in 10 days could see us being cut adrift in 9th or even worse. There has been absolutely no signs that anyone should be positive on the form we are on, no wee runs of 2-3 good results, players putting in a run of good games. 

We are stinking and deserve to be in the position we are in, we will be hoping other clubs out-shit us to stay up as there is nothing about that team that gives me confidence. 

22 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

No they are not a gimmie

The point I'm making is you have wee guys losing their mind simply because we are in a position right now that we could very easily get out of without even winning a game (7th tonight if we drew).  

If the 'favorites' were all to win at the weekend (unlikely IMO) then we are in 6th place.  The table is absolutely mental because 6 teams have games in hand, it's where we are when it evens out that matters and I don't know where that is and neither does anyone else.  

Your right that we could very easily get out of the current position but I think the reason why you have "wee guys losing their mind" is because there is absolutely nothing to suggest that we will be able to get ourselves out of the situation.  Just because we theoretically could easily rise up the table doesn't automatically mean that there is a high  likelihood of it happening.

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Obviously seeing us in 9th place doesn’t look good at first glance. We’re 4 points above Alloa with two games in hand, and only a point behind Arbroath with 2 games in hand. Yes performances have been shite, but there is no way we’re getting relegated

Donald Trump GIF by CBS News

8 hours ago, ayrmad said:

I've never found games in hand to be very beneficial to a team playing poorly. 

Inverness have only taken 2 points from 3 of the games they had on hand to us , just hoping we are playing better football when we get round to playing ours , hopefully it been a bonus us not playing them during this poor spell

Edited by Robbo63

10 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Yes, the team 4 points and 5 places above us have played two games more.  

Games in hand become pretty irrelevant when you don’t tend to win games. One win in a third of the season tends to point towards there being an issue. Arbroath in particular are on a decent run at the moment too. 

Edited by No_Problemo

52 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Inverness have only taken 2 points from 3 of the games they had on hand to us , just hoping we are playing better football when we get round to playing ours , hopefully it been a bonus us not playing them during this poor spell

I've spent most of my life giving too much weight to games in hand, it's nearly always an overly confident approach. 

St Mirren were 1 point clear of Dundee Utd with 3 games in hand and playing well, lost the advantage of 2 of those games in hand in no time at all. 

We need to get into the mentality that we're in a relegation dog fight before it's too late, get the sleeves rolled up and play with tempo, cutting edge and belief. 

We haven’t beaten a team above us in the league since last season.  Haven’t beaten anyone of any note since last November.  In 10 home games this season we’ve scored 11 goals.  Take out the Alloa game, and we’ve scored 7 goals in 9 home games.  

Until we accept there are good reasons why we are where we are, we can’t start to fix it.  And if we don’t fix it, we are getting relegated.  The line between optimism and flat our denialism can really creep up on you - I can only hope that Kerr isn’t buying into this nonsense that we are in some kind of false position due to postponed matches.  

1 hour ago, HMIP said:

We haven’t beaten a team above us in the league since last season.  Haven’t beaten anyone of any note since last November.  In 10 home games this season we’ve scored 11 goals.  Take out the Alloa game, and we’ve scored 7 goals in 9 home games.  

Until we accept there are good reasons why we are where we are, we can’t start to fix it.  And if we don’t fix it, we are getting relegated.  The line between optimism and flat our denialism can really creep up on you - I can only hope that Kerr isn’t buying into this nonsense that we are in some kind of false position due to postponed matches.  

Why don’t you count the Alloa goals ? Every other team would count them , Kerr has not mentioned anywhere I have seen that we are in this position because of postponed games so can’t see him buying into that , 4 points off a promotion play off and going by posts in here we are the worst team in the league , not playing well certainly but neither are most other teams it’s a poor poor league , not sticking up for Kerr here as it’s not good enough , just don’t think we are beyond repair , it must start on Saturday , to me it’s a must win game to start getting confidence back into players and fans 

Edited by Robbo63

53 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Why don’t you count the Alloa goals ? Every other team would count them , Kerr has not mentioned anywhere I have seen that we are in this position because of postponed games so can’t see him buying into that , 4 points off a promotion play off and going by posts in here we are the worst team in the league , not playing well certainly but neither are most other teams it’s a poor poor league , not sticking up for Kerr here as it’s not good enough , just don’t think we are beyond repair , it must start on Saturday , to me it’s a must win game to start getting confidence back into players and fans 

Of course we aren’t beyond repair, let’s hope come Saturday we see a reaction. That will tell us a lot! I’m not confident that will happen, hence the negativity on here but we live in hope. 

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

Who said I’m not counting the Alloa goals?  The point being made was the extent to which we’ve struggled to score goals and the inevitable consequence that has when it comes to winning football matches.  People are acting like it’s some kind of cosmic mystery that we’ve been rock bottom of the form league for 3 months.  Personally, I think Kerr’s signings in January indicated that he understood where the deficiencies are and was trying to fix them.  Like everyone, I hoped a corner had been turned against an admittedly poor Alloa team, but the subsequent performances against Hearts and ICT were as awful as anything we’ve seen this season.

i think you’re mistaken to dismiss the opposition as piss poor.  Other than Alloa, everyone else is picking up points here and there and the overwhelming feeling is that we are getting worse, not better.  After Saturday, we’re now faced with 4 away games on the bounce which is worrying when you’re looking at a team that seems to be falling further into a rut.  Not winning on Saturday will put us in a world of trouble and it doesn’t sound as if Wright will be fit.