The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I would far rather Kerr admitted he needs a bit of help and brought in a coach rather than continuing to flounder and struggle on his own.

Unless something changes whether that’s by Kerr’s own work, the players getting it together or a change in back room staff or management then we’ll simply continue to free fall.

Even if Kerr kept us up in 8th I couldn’t honestly say he deserves a new contract. He would either have to finish in the playoffs or comfortably keep us up and even then some people would ask questions.

My big question right now is if we pull the trigger who do we bring in? There’s a week left in the loan window and we won’t be sacking him before that. So anyone taking over has this squad to work with. It’s no guarantee that a new manger will immediately get a tune out of them.

4 minutes ago, Hursty said:

6 points from those two and theres not really any argument to not give Kerr the rest of the season.   0 - 2 points and you're maybe struggling to justify keeping him on.

This, its that simple for me.

Even 3 points is iffy as it means we've lost to one of the teams closest to us. 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Even if Kerr kept us up in 8th I couldn’t honestly say he deserves a new contract. He would either have to finish in the playoffs or comfortably keep us up and even then some people would ask questions.

Agree with this too, I could just about stomach a 6th place finish. However, anyone being objective can't be happy with how we've played this season. Its been turgid, pedestrian and one dimensional. 

I'm not really in the business of suggesting new managers when Kerr is still in post. I find it all rather unedifying.

Sandy Stewart and Owen Coyle land back in Scotland from India ,for the Indian close season on Saturday .They will head back out in November for the next Indian season . It is unlightly Sandy would ever have came back to Ayr while LC was runnng things but that is no longer the case with Smith in charge . Would it not make some sense to get him back in , with or without Owen Coyle to support Kerr for the next 11 games  ?  The fact that he’s going back to India would meet Kerr was under no threat . Seems like an obvious move , but we’ll see . Not holding by breath . Oh Sandy and Owen need to self isolate for a week , so it would be after the next two games . 

18 minutes ago, North British said:

Sandy Stewart and Owen Coyle land back in Scotland from India ,for the Indian close season on Saturday .They will head back out in November for the next Indian season . It is unlightly Sandy would ever have came back to Ayr while LC was runnng things but that is no longer the case with Smith in charge . Would it not make some sense to get him back in , with or without Owen Coyle to support Kerr for the next 11 games  ?  The fact that he’s going back to India would meet Kerr was under no threat . Seems like an obvious move , but we’ll see . Not holding by breath . Oh Sandy and Owen need to self isolate for a week , so it would be after the next two games . 

I think we can be pretty confident that's not happening. I'm not convinced it's even legally allowed anyway. I assume he's still actually employed by a club in India?

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Some of the stuff on here is just WAYYYYYY over the top, I mean anyone would think we were the pre season league favourites and that we've now found ourselves completely cast adrift at the bottom and being outclassed and outplayed in every single game, but of course the reality is somewhat different.

All the stuff being aimed at Kerr could be aimed at virtually every other Manager in the league and that includes Neilson. Basically one look at the league table tells you that the teams are all much of a muchness outwith Hearts who are probably still under performing relative to their budget and then Dundee who are probably doing worst of all.

I do know that we're not playing well and I do know that we have problems however there really is a serious over reaction to our current league position.

All the stuff about McCall "the messiah" is also rather amusing, as Yes, we did play some great stuff but we also played some horrific stuff and funnily enough it was generally between December and March, however people seem to be omitting that from the selective wonderful memories.

A serious over reaction to us being in the relegation places - seriously?

39 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Fucking hell! Alloa are winning. Guess who scored. 😱

Aye I saw that. Dont know why he didnt get much game time when he was here. The lad impressed me when I saw him play for stranraer (albeit in a lower league). Definitely think he had a lot more to offer than he was given 

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Aye I saw that. Dont know why he didnt get much game time when he was here. The lad impressed me when I saw him play for stranraer (albeit in a lower league). Definitely think he had a lot more to offer than he was given 

This is cherry picking again, we humped them 4-1 just a couple of weeks back and I'd doubt if we would have swapped any of our players for any of theirs.

Let's face it, if this horrific cannon fodder relegation certainties side can put 4 past Alloa, then how bad must they be and their players and their Manager and their tactics etc,etc,etc.

Incidentally, I'm not getting at you but I'm just sick of all the bloody negativity here.

It certainly isn’t a good look I’m terms of Kerr’s ability to get the best out of players that two of our strikers from the first half of the season are now scoring goals at the same/higher level. 

This for me, seems like most of our players are under performing.

27 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Remember he was injured for us for 3 weeks of his loan with a calf strain , agree with you though that he should have got more game time 

Edited by Robbo63

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Incidentally, I'm not getting at you but I'm just sick of all the bloody negativity here.

Easy solution, don't read it.

Your posts are starting to get a bit hysterical. You're about an inch away from saying 9th ain't all that bad. 🤣

It's actually pathetic that we're having to hope for the previously cast adrift team to lose a goal or two, our team has really dropped off dramatically in a seasons worth of games under Kerr. 

Edited by ayrmad

24 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Easy solution, don't read it.

Your posts are starting to get a bit hysterical. You're about an inch away from saying 9th ain't all that bad. 🤣

Hmm. Not sure if serious? (despite emoji) There has certainly been an inordinate amount of knicker-wetting on here the last few days, even from posters I considered level headed.

27 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

He seems to be implying that the main reason we are second bottom is because we cant take our chances which really isnt the case considering the team can hardly even create an opportunity or show any kind of attacking threat