The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

26 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I’d maybe start zanatta and play Mccowan up front with Moffat or Mckenzie. If we’re under pressure Mccowan can drop deeper to get the ball and link play. 

sinisalo

Miller muirhead Baird ndabba

zanatta mcgavin Murdoch Walsh

mccowan Mckenzie 

I don’t get what the obsession with zanatta is he’s shite. Lazy and every time he gets the ball his head just goes down and he runs to the line. Hope he’s out the club in the summer and isn’t offered another contract. Plenty better players out there. I’ve also had enough of chalmers just pisses me off every single game. Yes sometimes he makes one/two nice passes but he’s so slow with everything he does and his first thought most of the time is to pass the ball backwards. Yes Murdoch hasn’t been brilliant either but I’d have him in over chalmers 

Edited by Rossco500

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

He’s got to get given a chance. He’s only started 1 or 2 games on the wing for us. Moffat and Zanatta through the middle on their own just don’t work. When McKenzie came on on Saturday, he at least managed to create a chance for himself, he deserves the opportunity to stake a claim. 

He’s had about a dozen first team appearances plus an admittedly brief loan spell at Forfar.  Can’t honestly remember him showing any real potential that we could build on.  The fact that Kerr signed Innes Cameron indicated he doesn’t see much in him either, though Kerr’s judgement may not be the soundest at the moment!  Lost count of the times over the years of people arguing that a young player should be given a chance.  But in the end, they have to earn that chance.  Players like McCowan set the standard for any young player.  This is championship football after all, not La Liga.  Personally, i think McKenzie will be playing junior football within 12 months.

9 hours ago, rb123! said:

McCall himself even went on the radio and said Stewart should get his job, Alan Forrest too

All the senior players were very happy that Kerr got the job , obviously not worked out the way planned , but at the time of appointment it was seen as a good move by senior players , no one could have foreseen what was going to happen 

Edited by Robbo63

2 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

All the senior players were very happy that Kerr got the job 

Probably because it seemed a good idea for your mate to be the boss. Rarely is though. Players need someone to crack the whip and raise expectations, I just don’t see that in Mark Kerr.

4 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

Probably because it seemed a good idea for your mate to be the boss. Rarely is though. Players need someone to crack the whip and raise expectations, I just don’t see that in Mark Kerr.

Agree with you on the mate part , it really is tough to step into that position , I personally think we needed a no nonsense type coach to support him 

35 minutes ago, HMIP said:

He’s had about a dozen first team appearances plus an admittedly brief loan spell at Forfar.  Can’t honestly remember him showing any real potential that we could build on.  The fact that Kerr signed Innes Cameron indicated he doesn’t see much in him either, though Kerr’s judgement may not be the soundest at the moment!  Lost count of the times over the years of people arguing that a young player should be given a chance.  But in the end, they have to earn that chance.  Players like McCowan set the standard for any young player.  This is championship football after all, not La Liga.  Personally, i think McKenzie will be playing junior football within 12 months.

He’s probably had about 50 minutes over they 12 games as a striker. We’re toothless in attack and Moffat just isn’t cutting it up too alone. It’s really a no loss situation, he doesn’t do the job we’re in no worse a position than we are with Zanatta or Moffat up front. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. If he turns out to be a dud then so be it, but at least give him the opportunities everyone else gets. 

2 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

He’s probably had about 50 minutes over they 12 games as a striker. We’re toothless in attack and Moffat just isn’t cutting it up too alone. It’s really a no loss situation, he doesn’t do the job we’re in no worse a position than we are with Zanatta or Moffat up front. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. If he turns out to be a dud then so be it, but at least give him the opportunities everyone else gets. 

I’d rather see us change the shape of the team if I’m honest - a point tonight wouldn’t be a bad outcome.  I guess my concern is that Kerr persevered with Anderson who wasn’t interested, took a punt on Zanatta through the middle and signed Innes Cameron, to no effect, all ahead of taking a chance on McKenzie.  Doesn’t inspire confidence.  Never been a big fan generally of chucking a young boy into a failing team away from home.  But I guess we’re at the point of desperation now if Wright is injured (?), so he might well get a run out.  

17 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

That’s why I was playing him on the wing, he is most definitely not a striker. When he plays he it’s as a striker and he is given very little time. He just offers something different that’s why I’d try him 

1 minute ago, HMIP said:

I’d rather see us change the shape of the team if I’m honest - a point tonight wouldn’t be a bad outcome.  I guess my concern is that Kerr persevered with Anderson who wasn’t interested, took a punt on Zanatta through the middle and signed Innes Cameron, to no effect, all ahead of taking a chance on McKenzie.  Doesn’t inspire confidence.  Never been a big fan generally of chucking a young boy into a failing team away from home.  But I guess we’re at the point of desperation now if Wright is injured (?), so he might well get a run out.  

Agree I would change the shape, but that isn’t going to happen in favour of having 2 up top. The only change tonight would be McGavin coming in for one of Walsh/Smith/McCowan.  Yeah we are desperate that’s why I feel we need to try something new. Unfortunately I think it will be Moffat up top tonight and it’ll be another poor showing in front of goal and another poor performance in the middle of the park.  Hopefully I’m wrong though. 

31 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

Is any player going to step forward and say they’re not happy with a certain individual getting the job?  Asking the players to endorse or otherwise a managerial appointment is a bit of a cop out from the board and chairman and really just confirms they didn’t know what they were looking for in a management team.

12 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Is any player going to step forward and say they’re not happy with a certain individual getting the job?  Asking the players to endorse or otherwise a managerial appointment is a bit of a cop out from the board and chairman and really just confirms they didn’t know what they were looking for in a management team.

The players were never asked in advance of manager being announced , this was players asked in private after appointment by sources outwith club , 

5 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

The players were never asked in advance of manager being announced , this was players asked in private after appointment by sources outwith club ,  if it was after the appointment.  No player is going to risk their future at the club by saying to anyone but their closest family etc that they think it’s the wrong appointment.  

If it was in private, how do you know “all the senior players were very happy Kerr got the job”?  Don’t know who the sources outside the club  are that you mention, but it clearly wasn’t off the record if what was said has made its way back to the club. No player is going to risk their future at the club by saying anything else unless it was in a reliably private conversation.  

Feels like we’re trying to legitimise the appointment on the basis it was endorsed in some way by senior players when in reality they played no part in the decision making process. 

Can only say what I’ve said before.  Cameron was a great chairman in many respects , but was largely clueless when it came to identifying criteria for a new manager and management team, which had left us (for the 2nd time in 3 managerial appointments) with a senior player thrown into the manager role with a rookie assistant and no “old hand” coach to try and steady the ship through any early problems.

All the senior players were very happy that Kerr got the job , obviously not worked out the way planned , but at the time of appointment it was seen as a good move by senior players , no one could have foreseen what was going to happen 

And then they all left

45 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

And then they all left

Quite true , a couple who left would have made a massive difference to this team with their leadership and commitment levels , still think we should have appointed another coach , McCall always worked with 3 ( including goalkeeping coach ) and at one time actually had 4 , where as Kerr ( or club) decided to stick with the 2 

Edited by Robbo63