The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

33 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Sorry lads but a hard hitting fact is about to be produced here

Mark Kerr: GP - 41 W -13 D - 11 L - 17 W%- 31.71%

Mark Roberts: GP - 102 W - 35 D - 14 L - 53 W% - 34.31%

We should maybe stay clear of managers called Mark...

I want Mark Kerr gone but comparing his record (in the championship) to Mark Roberts record in league 1 is poor imo. 

ETA: Beaten to it by D’Jaffo

Edited by ayrunitedfw

52 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Sorry lads but a hard hitting fact is about to be produced here

Mark Kerr: GP - 41 W -13 D - 11 L - 17 W%- 31.71%

Mark Roberts: GP - 102 W - 35 D - 14 L - 53 W% - 34.31%

We should maybe stay clear of managers called Mark...

That's all fair and well but they are obviously in different league's.  More interesting to me is the % of the defeats.  

Kerr - 41%

Roberts - 51%

Reid?

McCall?

Not great reading right now but could be improved into a reasonable figure in the 30s by the end of the season. 

Edited by itzdrk

You make some good points, but the bit in bold is the problem. It’s up to Kerr to get the signings to work. When it’s one or two not working out you can forgive it, but when it’s several of them there’s only one common denominator there.
Think it's the centre mid hurting us the most, always see massive amounts of space for opposition teams to just glide through. Far too easy for them sometimes.

My benchmark is 1.5 points per game. I'm using the 4th place finish in 2018/19 as the benchmark.

We're currently 1.13 ppg with 17 points from 15 games. We should be on 22.5 points lets say 23 points for easy maths. We're 6 points worse than I would have expected.

The problem is to catch that back up we'd need to win 4 games in a row now. That's how far we are off of where we should be. That's not insignificant, that's as many league games as we've won in 15 attempts. After winning 4 on the spin we'd then need to be winning 1 game in every 2 thereafter to maintain it.

Thats why I think 4th is gone. 5th/6th is the best we can hope for now. 

McCall said on the radio today that he was in no rush to get back into football just now. Especially under the current covid situation.

Robinson said he had spoke to someone but it came to nothing. He didn't say who it was but I assumed that might have been Killie.

Edited by paulbrucerick

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

For what it's worth I dont think us of our Ayrshire neighbours will be relegated, but it would be the most Ayr United thing ever for us both to get relegated and miss out on 4 money spinning games. 

If rumours are correct there will be no relegation from Championship as lower divisions could be declared null and void , hopefully not as that would also cancel Scottish cup  

45 minutes ago, rb123! said:

A certain yogi just beaten Celtic

Winning goal by a big striker most on here didnt fancy a month ago, while we opted for an unfit and untried random who is now out injured and no update as to whether it's a wee or 3 months.  Happy days haha.  

12 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

If rumours are correct there will be no relegation from Championship as lower divisions could be declared null and void , hopefully not as that would also cancel Scottish cup  

That’s ridiculous and I genuinely feel really bad for the clubs at that level. They have all agreed to start testing  so let them play 

8 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

That’s ridiculous and I genuinely feel really bad for the clubs at that level. They have all agreed to start testing  so let them play 

Agree.  However I'd take it, riddy or not.  Also a midweek defeat at Elgin if they ever do restart the cup will do the confidence amongst the squad absolutely no favours haha. 

30 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Agree.  However I'd take it, riddy or not.  Also a midweek defeat at Elgin if they ever do restart the cup will do the confidence amongst the squad absolutely no favours haha. 

Not for me, I’d rather get relegated fairly than survive because of COVID. I’m all for scrapping the Scottish Cup this season though. 

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

If i was a Falkirk fan i'd be absolutely fizzing

56 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I dont think that'll happen. More likely they'll restart and stop after they've played one another twice tbh. It would require a vote from each league and they're not going to vote for no promotion or nul and void. Nah chance.

Edited by Trogdor

Looking at the league table it’s not as bad as I had thought. We have two games in hand over Arbroath and have to be above them after they’re made up - simple.

Kilmarnock lock to be in a worse position, second bottom and bottom Hamilton have a game in hand.

4 hours ago, bazka6 said:

Looking at the league table it’s not as bad as I had thought. We have two games in hand over Arbroath and have to be above them after they’re made up - simple.

Kilmarnock lock to be in a worse position, second bottom and bottom Hamilton have a game in hand.

Apart from the fact most fans agreed the board had invested this season and a play off place is our goal. How Qos and in particular Morton are above us doesn’t bode well considering their challenges  in even getting a team on the pitch  

Hard to believe the league 1 and 2 clubs would agree to null and void, but not sure if the voting structure would allow the other clubs to impose it on them.  I would have thought they they could play out a shortened 18 game season up to the end of May, though the price might be straight promotion and relegation only with no play offs.  Sad that we’re reduced to hoping for this to happen, but it’s a reflection of the trouble we’re in.  

2 hours ago, AyrExile said:

Apart from the fact most fans agreed the board had invested this season and a play off place is our goal. How Qos and in particular Morton are above us doesn’t bode well considering their challenges  in even getting a team on the pitch  

What nonsense is this?

In what way did we have a "challenge even getting a team on the pitch"? We had to restart the squad almost from scratch, is that what you mean? Morton didn't though so I've no idea what this comment even means?

30 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

What nonsense is this?

In what way did we have a "challenge even getting a team on the pitch"? We had to restart the squad almost from scratch, is that what you mean? Morton didn't though so I've no idea what this comment even means?

i think what he means is that most had you marked as relegation fodder at the beginning of the season but, to your credit, have surprised everyone and performed way way above your station.