The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

13 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

quite, not often you get the fans to agree on anything. Things must really be bad.

A specific loony seems to have gone off on a rampage but can't see any evidence of it now, unsure if it has been deleted or he has been booted.

27 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Jim McIntyre- maybe 

Stuart Kettlewell- maybe 

Martin Canning- no

Peter Houston- no

Ian McCall (Yes i know but still, we're getting that desperate....) preferably not

Steven Pressley -no

David Hopkin- no

Scott Marshall - maybe

Most obvious candidates for me plus bit of a left field one at the end

I know it wouldn’t be popuas he had links with killie but Gary Holt did a great job with livi and is still out a job

Hopefully yesterday was a jolt to the team and seeing that they are now in 9th kick-starts a change in mentality amongst them. Should have happened sooner but...

Clutching I know but you live in hope.

Surely McGavin starts Tuesday with one or two other changes.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Jim McIntyre

Stuart Kettlewell

Martin Canning

Peter Houston

Ian McCall (Yes i know but still, we're getting that desperate....)

Steven Pressley

David Hopkin

Scott Marshall 

Most obvious candidates for me plus bit of a left field one at the end

I wouldn't trust a single one of those idiots to do a better job, except McCall but for obvious reasons it won't happen. 

3 hours ago, WATTOO said:

I still firmly believe that we've more than enough to get out of trouble but they really need to start showing us that and quickly.

I would love to know where you're getting that from. We're fucking pish, we've got a pish uninspiring manager. We're headed one way with Kerr at the helm.

Before yesterday’s game I had been thinking that there must be dozens of managers that have essentially been scrapped for no obvious good reason. There was an article about Billy Davies and Pail Jewel having been at Derby I saw recently, you’d think someone like Billy might be desperate for a chance like McCall was. I guess they would’ve applied if interested. I don’t get the current fashion of promoting an ex-player unless they’re exceptional.

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

If we got pumped by Dundee i think it may force Smiths hand.

Kerr using the argument in his post match interview that QOS were in our position and are now on a run in 4th...

Sadly I don’t think there’s any chance of us going on a run. Most that watched our early favourable results would agree we rode our luck then and have been found out since. We seem to be getting no more than we deserve.

3 hours ago, bazka6 said:

Before yesterday’s game I had been thinking that there must be dozens of managers that have essentially been scrapped for no obvious good reason. There was an article about Billy Davies and Pail Jewel having been at Derby I saw recently, you’d think someone like Billy might be desperate for a chance like McCall was.

McCall wasn't merely out of the game due to results, he was in a complete state due to his gambling problem. And I dare say that Iain McCall has less of a nest egg saved up than someone who spent a decade managing in England's top two flights. Would happily take that though.

3 hours ago, bazka6 said:

I don’t get the current fashion of promoting an ex-player unless they’re exceptional.

It's because it's cheap, much like telling a sympathetic local press than you have SPL plans.

Anyway, this run has late-era Reid written all over it, and unlike Reid Kerr's done nothing to justify giving him another go. this isn't a strong league and there's an increasingly good chance Killie will be in it next season. If I were the owner I'd be setting 3 points from the next two games as the bare minimum threshold to bother coming into work the next day, and would already have phoned every out-of-work manager at this level to prepare for the inevitable.

5 hours ago, itzdrk said:

I wouldn't trust a single one of those idiots to do a better job, except McCall but for obvious reasons it won't happen. 

I know it’s difficult for some to find fault with anyone managing Ayr but  can still see the deficiencies in others. Taking a step back where would our current manager sit in that list before his appointment. Not sure there is a perfect candidate out there tbh and people sometimes need a chance to rebuild their careers

McIntyre and McCall are the only two there I’d be happy with tbh.

There’s a lot that would need to happen for the latter to return to Ayr though and I seriously doubt it would happen.

5 hours ago, bazka6 said:

Before yesterday’s game I had been thinking that there must be dozens of managers that have essentially been scrapped for no obvious good reason. There was an article about Billy Davies and Pail Jewel having been at Derby I saw recently, you’d think someone like Billy might be desperate for a chance like McCall was. I guess they would’ve applied if interested. I don’t get the current fashion of promoting an ex-player unless they’re exceptional.

Sometimes at clubs you see players coming to the end of their careers who are taking coaching badges , doing more in the team, managing youth teams and getting involved in activities off the pitch.  Clearly they are learning the first steps in management and good luck to them on someone promoting them. With Ayr I can’t remember anyone who looked like they wanted to step up and commit the time to develop. It just seemed like a vacancy appeared and someone at the right end of their career got given a chance 

A name that’s not been mentioned and I would imagine wants to get back into football at this level or above, Alan Stubbs.  Would he be any worse than the names mentioned? Another who may be not too picky in getting back into the game is Stuart McCall. Lower league wise, Darren Young or Stewart Petrie. We know Young would be interested as he was interviews previously. 

Guys like Stubbs and Billy Davies would want about 10 grand a week. 

Fans of Championship clubs suggesting people who have managed exclusively in England or the Scottish Premiership as someone they should go for is always good for a chuckle.

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Guys like Stubbs and Billy Davies would want about 10 grand a week. 

Fans of Championship clubs suggesting people who have managed exclusively in England or the Scottish Premiership as someone they should go for is always good for a chuckle.

:lol: You been at an illegal house party with Mod1967 all night?