The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Today was probably the most depressing performance for me in the recent poor run, however I think we really need to change our formation as we've got nothing in the middle of the park and as a result the front guys are completely isolated (this was also part of the problem with Anderson).

It's all very well having Smith, Walsh, Moffat and McCowan but if we can't control games and play through them, then it's pointless them being there.

Looking back at today, I think we need to sacrifice at least one of them (probably Moffat or Smith) and stick the likes of McGavin in the centre of the park to aid Murdoch and Chalmers who are both clearly struggling to get a grip on games.

I've been pretty supportive of Kerr throughout, however we need to be taking a minimum of 5 points from our next 9 or we will be in realistic relegation trouble and as others have said, that WOULD be a disaster.

I still firmly believe that we've more than enough to get out of trouble but they really need to start showing us that and quickly.

We’re currently sitting 9th so I think that ship has sailed chief. 

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

For me, Kerr has two games to sort this.

If we lose against Dundee on Tuesday and Arbroath on Saturday then he needs to go. Its as simple as that.

We cannot risk our Championship status and he has had time to change it. 

I’d say one. If we lose against a shit Dundee team he should go

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Yeah, I get what you are saying but there are a couple of items as mitigation (in my mind anyway) - its away from home and Dundee have some very good players on paper. For us to be going away to Dundee and expecting a win is a tad excessive. I do however, expect us to beat Arbroath at home. Failure to do so on top of the insipid performances from the start of this season should see a change. I think its untenable to suggest otherwise now.

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Problem for me is that I cant see us even going there and losing by a single goal.  It's a 2 or 3-0 job.  

Questions that should have been asked post match but of course didnt:

1.  How long is Wright out for?  Kerr mentioned he couldnt be risked for bench but didnt get pressed as to whether its maybe OK for Tuesday, or out for 6 weeks.  And if so are we looking to bring someone in as a matter of urgency. 

2. Why was Houston declared fit in preview but didnt make bench ?

3. Why was McGavin signed as a centre midfielder yet today Hewitt the 4th choice right back came on in midfield ahead of him

7 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Would anyone take Stewart Petrie off Montrose? 

Has progressed them into a good side, shouldn't cost much in compensation fee and will be desperate to manage a team that's still playing.

Back off bitch! He's ours.

59 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

If we got pumped by Dundee i think it may force Smiths hand.

Kerr using the argument in his post match interview that QOS were in our position and are now on a run in 4th...

57 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Yeah, I get what you are saying but there are a couple of items as mitigation (in my mind anyway) - its away from home and Dundee have some very good players on paper. For us to be going away to Dundee and expecting a win is a tad excessive. I do however, expect us to beat Arbroath at home. Failure to do so on top of the insipid performances from the start of this season should see a change. I think its untenable to suggest otherwise now.

Not to be Mr Negative but on what basis? 

Arbroath are now one of the in form teams in the division and already beaten us this season.

I feel like the attitude towards Kerr has definitely changed after today. I’d say that before today most were willing to give him time but seeing comments on here and the Somerset Road End Facebook Page it’s quite clear he’s on borrowed time. 

8 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Not to be Mr Negative but on what basis? 

Arbroath are now one of the in form teams in the division and already beaten us this season.

They've only won 1 away game in 8 league games this season. They haven't won at Somerset since 2018.

1 hour ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Would anyone take Stewart Petrie off Montrose? 

Has progressed them into a good side, shouldn't cost much in compensation fee and will be desperate to manage a team that's still playing.

Jim McIntyre

Stuart Kettlewell

Martin Canning

Peter Houston

Ian McCall (Yes i know but still, we're getting that desperate....)

Steven Pressley

David Hopkin

Scott Marshall 

Most obvious candidates for me plus bit of a left field one at the end

14 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I feel like the attitude towards Kerr has definitely changed after today. I’d say that before today most were willing to give him time but seeing comments on here and the Somerset Road End Facebook Page it’s quite clear he’s on borrowed time. 

quite, not often you get the fans to agree on anything. Things must really be bad.