The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

23 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

We aren’t a poor team, this is a good squad. 
something isn’t working, Kerr was given a chance to change it in January and enhanced the squad. 
still making the same mistakes, still getting the same results and still dreadful to watch

Can blame a number of factors today but we could have lost this game on a nice afternoon in August.

This isn’t the worst Ayr team I have ever seen but it is getting the same results as the worst Ayr teams.

It’s not a good squad.  The balance is all over the place.  We have about 4 one paced players who all want to play number 10 while we have no pace in the wide areas or up front.  Honestly don’t know if it was us or Anderson that was the problem, but we’ve basically played  the whole season without an effective striker on the park. No chance of taking anything from Dundee, so no point taking any risks with Wright - we’re screwed if he’s out for any length of time.

It's not good, that's for sure.

I'm not in a 'punt him now' place but that might change if we need a bounce to maintain our status in the league.

I still think we'll be OK, and it's no time for panicked judgments, but the trigger finger should be starting to sweat a little.

something isn’t working, Kerr was given a chance to change it in January and enhanced the squad. 
still making the same mistakes, still getting the same results and still dreadful to watch
Can blame a number of factors today but we could have lost this game on a nice afternoon in August.
This isn’t the worst Ayr team I have ever seen but it is getting the same results as the worst Ayr teams.

It is a poor team. It’s a squad filled with pretty good individuals but it’s not actually a good, cohesive team. We’ve brought in guys who look really good on paper I.e Baird, Chalmers, Walsh, Smith but nothing has gelled together and watching them play you don’t really know what it is they’ve been asked to do out on the pitch. In the last two seasons our main strength has been really good link up between two or three forward players and a quick, hard working midfield to let them have some freedom.

Walsh, Smith and McCowan aren’t on the same wavelength half the time and they are getting zero protection from Chalmers and Murdoch so it’s the exact opposite from what was good about the last two or three seasons.

Now Kerr has built this squad so the blame lies with him when it doesn’t work but my argument would be he’s an inexperienced manager still learning his trade so should be given a chance to rectify this. If of course he doesn’t recognise the glaring issues within his squad or makes an arse of trying to correct it then he should be sacked.

9 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

No width, no pace, no experience, no captain, no dig, no coach, plenty budget, plenty bullshit bravado!!!

Couldn’t help noticing Moffat walk straight off the park at full time.  Something is way wrong behind the scenes.  Heard Brian Rice saying Bruce Anderson is playing with a smile on his face.  I’m sure it wasn’t a dig at us, but it sure as hell felt like it.

The board must take some responsibility for our current situation if this doesn't improve. McCall had us punching above our weight and sitting at the top end of the table. We had the chance to buy previous managerial experience and someone that would have enough to keep us mid table. Instead we took the strange option of a player wanting to try management plus his mate with no senior experience. Still a few games left to go and this can still be turned around. but current form doesn't bode well. Kerr has taken us from 2nd top to 2nd bottom so i wonder if as many still want  him to get a contract extension 

Edited by AyrExile

1 minute ago, HMIP said:

Couldn’t help noticing Moffat walk straight off the park at full time.  Something is way wrong behind the scenes.  Heard Brian Rice saying Bruce Anderson is playing with a smile on his face.  I’m sure it wasn’t a dig at us, but it sure as hell felt like it.

A lot of people on here were giving Anderson some stick and accusing him of simply not trying with us. Absolutely seems like theres more to it than him simply not wanting to try. The whole situation was a bit of a red flag imo

A lot of people on here were giving Anderson some stick and accusing him of simply not trying with us. Absolutely seems like theres more to it than him simply not wanting to try. The whole situation was a bit of a red flag imo

The Anderson thing has been done to death. Both clubs know the situation and Aberdeen know it was nothing to do with us.

Too much rubbish about nice guy , training is really good, it's alright spouting the party line was Alex Ferguson, Jim McLean or George Graham nice guys, surely we all wanted Kerr to succeed, seems decent, cracking player sadly however this is miles beyond him 

It might be a decent enough squad, but we're not putting a decent team on the park. We can't afford the luxury of Smith, Walsh, McCowan and Chalmers in the same eleven as none of them could tackle a fish supper. We lack width as our 'wingers' tend to cut inside rather than beat a man, and we've lost the drive going forward that Houston and Harvie provided last season. Moving Muirhead to central defence has tightened us up a bit but we really need someone with his drive and ball winning in central midfield.

We know next week that Arbroath will come and fight for every ball. You'd really expect an under pressure Kerr be making some changes to match up better than we did up there.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

No idea but Kerr made it pretty clear that Aberdeen were aware of why it didn’t work out and didn’t blame Ayr for that. That’s apparently not good enough for some people.

Haven’t heard Kerr say much about it if I’m honest.  Aberdeen made up some excuse about a lack of first team opportunities which seemed more about excusing the player rather than us.  I presume he just didn’t want to be at Ayr, but it’s not unreasonable to ask why.  

3 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

Anyway, we could do with some excuses. Anyone heard from robbo?

I like Kerr, I feel sorry for him. I am sure Robbo sees him at the club and feels for him also.

This isn’t happening because Kerr is deliberately trying to lose, he has made mistakes, he is a young manager and will always make some at the start of his career.

however, he has had a decent budget and had a decent core of a squad that is currently below a part time team in the league.

We are no longer dealing with inconsistency in results costing us a play-off place, we are consistently losing games and showing absolutely no signs of recovery.

Kerr should get time to get it right but I am not seeing any evidence that he is getting it right.

we have gone from hoping to get a play off place to, well it looks like mid-table to being second bottom and not knowing where we will pick up points again.