The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

You know Inverness have got serious problems when Miles Storey is winning mom awards.

I'll give Inverness the benefit of the doubt in the fact they've played about twice since the new year so are going to be rusty, Saturday will give us a more definitive answer....

On another note with Inverness, this 'virtual tickets sale' which has resulted in 9,000+ tickets being sold for Hearts game, i think we should give it a try for a game to see how it would go, thoughts?

12 minutes ago, rb123! said:

I'll give Inverness the benefit of the doubt in the fact they've played about twice since the new year so are going to be rusty, Saturday will give us a more definitive answer....

On another note with Inverness, this 'virtual tickets sale' which has resulted in 9,000+ tickets being sold for Hearts game, i think we should give it a try for a game to see how it would go, thoughts?

I've not heard anything about it ?

Is that not just like buying the matchday streaming ?

11 minutes ago, rb123! said:

This is all down to Inverness supporting Hearts financially when they were in trouble , Hearts fans have done as they are all getting a signed ticket from their hero John Robertson , over 8000 of the tickets have been bought by away fans 

Played in the season we got to the cup final and semi final. Think it was him who gave away the penalty in the final v Rangers.

You could ask him about that run. Or even about Bill Barr. I don't mean that as a wind up btw but he played for 2 clubs with vastly different experiences of Barr. When Lovering was with us Barr paid out a lot of money and was often in the dugout with Gordon Dalziel and whatever assistant he had at the time like Frank Connor and Iain Munro.

Lovering always gave his all with us.Played alongside some of our best players of the last 25 years.
Lovering always looked like his body was knackered when he played, seemed to have a bad limp when he was walking, he looked like he was going to suffer in later years for playing as long. 
We went through a period of having absolute rotten left backs and Lovering was a consistent performer 100% effort and never below a 7/10. I remember Ricksen having a stamp at him off the ball in the 2002 final. 
Archibald seemed like an absolute shyster, Showcasing and then flogging his players to Scottish teams while bleating about not being allowed to take over. The only person who made any money out of that period was him.  
I remember the last game that the original Airdrie were to have played, Supporters jumped the wall and rushed the goal mouth, about a dozen made a B-line for the Ayr fans, one policeman jumped the wall at the fence to stop them and they all turned round and ran back to the rest of the protesters. Kilmarnock, Rangers, Celtic and the old firm were the only clubs we had Police horses in Somerset road for. 
Add me to the lovers fan list. He was my favourite player when i first started going to games on my own (what a season to start... 01-02).

Absolutely loved the passion he showed as the teams team out.

37 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Hopefully the match sharpness hasn’t been improved tonight for Saturday. I think we will give them problems especially now Wright has had a few weeks to bed in 

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

This is all down to Inverness supporting Hearts financially when they were in trouble , Hearts fans have done as they are all getting a signed ticket from their hero John Robertson , over 8000 of the tickets have been bought by away fans 

Yeah... that and they supported their stance when the league was called last season. Unlike the other treacherous clubs in the Championship. Lets not forget how petty us football fans can be. 🤣

2 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

🤣

Yeah, that's what it's "all down to".

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Tell you that good be a genius decision sending him back to Aberdeen, Mark Kerr is fucking Einstein

There was zero point in us keeping him. He’s doing well in Hamilton’s team so fair play to him. We’re really not the first club that a player has been poor at and good at another.

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Yeah... that and they supported their stance when the league was called last season. Unlike the other treacherous clubs in the Championship. Lets not forget how petty us football fans can be🤣

Oh I have some pettiness on hold in this household I'm telling ye.  If that last day if the season match is meaningless I'll be buying f**k all from Inverness, cancelling out the ticket that Mrs Itzdrk bought 😃

6 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

There was zero point in us keeping him. He’s doing well in Hamilton’s team so fair play to him. We’re really not the first club that a player has been poor at and good at another.

Whilst I’ve seen many players improve by changing teams I can’t think of many that improved in the space of a few weeks whilst stepping up a division to a team in a relegation fight. Our management team signed umpteen  players in the summer so best not to focus on just one. If the rest have fitted in well or played to their potential then Anderson not doing so can be easily justified 

Edited by AyrExile

Lovering always looked like his body was knackered when he played, seemed to have a bad limp when he was walking, he looked like he was going to suffer in later years for playing as long. 
We went through a period of having absolute rotten left backs and Lovering was a consistent performer 100% effort and never below a 7/10. I remember Ricksen having a stamp at him off the ball in the 2002 final. 
Archibald seemed like an absolute shyster, Showcasing and then flogging his players to Scottish teams while bleating about not being allowed to take over. The only person who made any money out of that period was him.  
I remember the last game that the original Airdrie were to have played, Supporters jumped the wall and rushed the goal mouth, about a dozen made a B-line for the Ayr fans, one policeman jumped the wall at the fence to stop them and they all turned round and ran back to the rest of the protesters. Kilmarnock, Rangers, Celtic and the old firm were the only clubs we had Police horses in Somerset road for. 

I made the same comment to one of his team mates from Clydebank and Airdrie (write your own punchline) who laughed and said he had that limp at 18 years old!

I agree with you though, by the end of his 8 years with us he really looked like his hip was shot.... and yet the beauty of Lovers was that he was a massively consistent performer, never seemed to get done for pace and won a massive percentage of front post headers through all his time.

Funnily enough, the only LB we’ve had who was a patch on Lovers was Paddy Boyle and it was massively disappointing to lose him (and Docherty) to you. Really impressed me the way McCall turned around an awful Ayr team with recruitment such as that. Obviously, money is a big part of that, but impressive none the less.

14 hours ago, rb123! said:

Tell you that good be a genius decision sending him back to Aberdeen, Mark Kerr is fucking Einstein

"It's run its course and its not really worked out. It's not down to us, I know that and Aberdeen know that. We'll move on and bring someone else in. There needs to be more effort for the team". 

Anderson didn't suit our system and that increasingly was evident in his application, attitude and, ultimately, his goal return. It was absolutely the right thing to send him back to Aberdeen and anything he goes on to in his career won't change that. 

I’m probably an exception, but I really can’t be arsed with football these days. Between all the weather cancellations and no games to go to in person, this is probably the least I’ve ever cared about a season in all of my years of supporting us. I’ve stopped watching games now as it was depressing seeing Somerset empty and soulless. I watched the Hearts game a few weeks back and it made me miss the place even more. Even so called big European games do nothing for me. Fans are truly what makes football and they’re sadly missed 😞

I totally get that players like Anderson can suddenly click at a new club shankland is a perfect answer. The big thing that I called early doors when he went to Hamilton was his movement and enthusiasm  and work rate, all the things he wasn’t showing at Ayr. Kerr was quite right to punt him, and I think you’ll find Mcinnes has had a word with him after the Ayr loan that’s if he doesent see the points made above he’ll be away in the summer. It’s very clear he worked his ticket at Ayr which was shameful in a player.

54 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I’m probably an exception, but I really can’t be arsed with football these days. Between all the weather cancellations and no games to go to in person, this is probably the least I’ve ever cared about a season in all of my years of supporting us. I’ve stopped watching games now as it was depressing seeing Somerset empty and soulless. I watched the Hearts game a few weeks back and it made me miss the place even more. Even so called big European games do nothing for me. Fans are truly what makes football and they’re sadly missed 😞

I’d say I’m the exact opposite. Due to literally having nothing else to look forward to I find myself looking forward to games more. The novelty of sitting watching Ayr United with a few cans has definitely still not worn of for me.

Don’t get me wrong I really miss the social aspect of meeting pals in the pub, going to game and then back to the pub afterwards and I’m desperate for that to return however give me Ayr United on a stream over no Ayr United at all every day of the week. 

10 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I’d say I’m the exact opposite. Due to literally having nothing else to look forward to I find myself looking forward to games more. The novelty of sitting watching Ayr United with a few cans has definitely still not worn of for me.

Don’t get me wrong I really miss the social aspect of meeting pals in the pub, going to game and then back to the pub afterwards and I’m desperate for that to return however give me Ayr United on a stream over no Ayr United at all every day of the week. 

In the beginning I felt like that. It was great to have us back playing but the novelty has well and truly worn off for me. Don’t know if it’s because performances haven’t been the best, or that I’m comparing it to a normal match day and missing the build up and aftermath of that. Honestly think it hasn’t helped that it’s the 1st season without my Dad to talk about the games with. I think if I still had the game to look forward to “in person” rather than through a stream I’d  feel differently. Just hope I’ll regain interest and passion for it ASAP