The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

29 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Yes some of it was , but  the point I made was that everything he says would be delivered has been , showing he used some money to improve  some of the facilities, not just squandering it away , money received could not be used towards playing staff signing fees or salaries , he personally has paid for boardroom and hub along with contributing a good amount to playing fund , 

Let’s not forget his most significant contributions to Ayr United : the parcel of land behind the North Bank . Done very quietly with no leaks to the press etc . Just went out and got it done . So I’d say he has plans for that area of the stadium . 

I have always believed that if teams like Hamilton and St Johnstone can make a go of the Premier League then under the correct management there is zero reason why we can’t . 

I see it looks like Dundee will have another game at Dens postponed. Is there any way in which if it looks like the game will be off again next week we can have the game moved to Somerset and have the final fixture which is supposed to be at Somerset at Dens? 

18 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

No, I don't think we have. 

I know, it's unbelievable how some positivity around our club is quickly dismissed and made to seem negative or pie in the sky.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a bit of a cynic myself, however some of our supporters views have me believing I'm the most naive optimist to ever walk this earth !!!

1 hour ago, North British said:

I have always believed that if teams like Hamilton and St Johnstone can make a go of the Premier League then under the correct management there is zero reason why we can’t . 

Absolutely no reason why not. Its a cyclical business. 

One thing I'm sure about is that the local community and support base generally will have to get along to games every 2nd week in greater numbers, when we're allowed to do so. 

You can't expect to sustain and flourish as an SPL team with crowds sub 3500. 

Its upto the club to really sell the dream to people who have this great club at heart. If you sell it properly and more importantly deliver, then people will follow. I fear its too late for a good number of a generation or two, but I would say that South Ayrshire could sustain an SPL team just as well as one in South Lanarkshire, the Highlands, West Lothian or Perthshire. 

The great thing is with David Smith looking to be in it for the long term, he's got enough years in business and as an individual, to be able to really target and build a fan base like never before. Whatever's worked before needs to be repeated and improved upon. 

Its not solely about results on the pitch in the year 2021 either. Under McCall we had a fantastic team who played the best football we've seen in the past 10 years, yet must have played to around 2000 home fans every week. I guess that figure but it won't be far off. 

Its exciting times to even think about your club targeting something you thought was always a once in a lifetime opportunity. 

We all should have real belief that there's substance to the quotes made in the press.

Previous boards could only have hoped it was possible to get promoted before, we now seem to have the leadership that is going to try and make it happen. 

Nothing's guaranteed of course and the hard work starts now if you like, but this change of mindset alone should give everybody in black and white a huge boost in these difficult times and beyond. 

Edited by BukyOHare

16 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

Hang on, a billionaire donated us some money!? Was that something to do around the time of clubs maybe or maybe not receiving end of season placings money?

Aye it was the guy from Edinburgh. Think it was a grant every club was entitled to, something like 50k. 

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

I know, it's unbelievable how some positivity around our club is quickly dismissed and made to seem negative or pie in the sky.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a bit of a cynic myself, however some of our supporters views have me believing I'm the most naive optimist to ever walk this earth !!!

It wasnt even particularly negative, it was just not to get too carried away with things. 

Also it's your opinion just as much as what it is mine and I also don't believe you're not most naive optimist to walk the earth...maybe the 2nd. 

16 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

It wasnt even particularly negative, it was just not to get too carried away with things. 

Also it's your opinion just as much as what it is mine and I also don't believe you're not most naive optimist to walk the earth...maybe the 2nd. 

Fair enough, you can come back on and say "I told you so" when we're back in league 1 fighting off relegation to league 2 in front of 327 fans at a windswept Dam park as Somerset is now the home to the new 225 affordable homes recently built by Ashleigh in a multi million £ deal.

I see it looks like Dundee will have another game at Dens postponed. Is there any way in which if it looks like the game will be off again next week we can have the game moved to Somerset and have the final fixture which is supposed to be at Somerset at Dens? 
This kind of common sense is dangerous.

Really poor game both teams very average, just got into a physical battle, we made a few half chances, big wright needs somebody up with him or what’s the point of launching balls up to him.

mccowan and Smith very good in first half disappeared second half especially Mccowan, if he’s gonna get a move he’ll need to do better in these games

Bottom line a referee no surprise Mclean who doesent know the rules of the game, not for the first time he’s f——- us neither team deserved to win that a crap draw should have been the result.

Thought we were okay tonight, main dissapointment was creativity in final third, Wright did well getting about along with Smith, McCowan looked good first half but faded second half and Walsh on the whole i thought was quite quiet, probably poorest out of front 4 IMO. 

Looks like were eventually seeing Murdoch and Chalmers playing on the same wavelength in the middle of the park, thought Murdoch was impressive, same as last week, getting closer to back to his old self IMO. Defence looks sorted apart from RB, Miller is solid enough but offers little in attack especially with crossing, him up against Kai Kennedy next weekend gives me the fear a bit, hope we can get Houston back in there and firing on all cylinders. 

Presuming Dundee game doesn't happen Raith is a good test of where we are and biggie in terms of the table with a slight top/bottom half split appearing.

All in all i'm hopeful for end of season run but we need to string a good few results together, been too stop/start so far.

My take on tonight is that Hearts have got better players than we do in general, but considering neither keeper really had much to do and we only conceded from a blatantly wrong penalty decision then its hardly the end of the word.  

I notice that nobody has beat Hearts 1-0 this year by the way.   We lost 1-0 to a half chance and Sinisalo hardly had  save to make so it's probably harsh to complain that we hardly gave them any chances but also didnt create a whole load ourselves.   Just didnt get the breaks tonight I'd say. 

19 hours ago, rb123! said:

Mick McCardle saying on his weekly update that Craig Moore is back on the training pitch, looks like he may be back in the squad sooner rather than expected.....

Doubt it.  Andy Murdoch returned to training on much the same schedule and there was never really any suggestion he’d be back before the end of last season.   

I don't think a fit Moore is the answer to our problems, that is really stretching it, be amazed if he's still here next season.

Really like the look of Corrie, has a quick turn of pace and can hold his own. Not sure what that means for Reading this season as the lb spot seems pretty nailed down now.

Unless a striker is brought in before the end of the month I expect Kerr to soldier on with the 4-2-3-1 system  . This will mean that our goals will be coming mainly from Smith and McCowan . Im wondering if that can happen often enough to engineer 8/9 wins which should secure  a play off place  .?