The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Was that at Somerset? My overriding memory was Jim Goodwin time-wasting (he was actually playing) when Alloa were winning 3-2. I'm sure he feigned injury and the ref wouldn't let him back on the field. He was literally jumping up and down with rage.

Dunno where he is getting it from then.

Aye the same game - Goodwin was taking forever over an injury towards the end.  Jamie Adams scored for us and went over the wall celebrating then conceded a shocker of a penalty to go 2-3 down.  Shankland scored a cracker cutting in from the left to get a last minute draw but that was before we realised how good he was.   

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

The new strikers main job for me will be to hold the ball up in the final third and bring others into play, at a tempo I have to add

Its feels strange typing it but goals will be a secondary requirement. 

That's all. 

100% this for me.  Although of course if he is a scorer then thats a bonus.   

There are plenty of goals in this team if we can get then them into the position to score them.  

From his highlights on YouTube (dreadful I know) he seems to hold it up well enough and score some headers from crosses.  Considering we have absolutely nothing doing that at the moment then I'm hopeful....

16 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Must be through as he was in line to play yesterday but due to time he arrived in Scotland there was not enough time to get Covid test and result is what I was told this morning 

Clearly isn't through as your own website says that his inclusion tomorrow is pending international clearance being received. He's not registered to Ayr yet.

15 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Clearly isn't through as your own website says that his inclusion tomorrow is pending international clearance being received. He's not registered to Ayr yet.

Is there not a QOS topic  you can post on?

Time will tell, but I think Kerr has done the right thing by looking for someone who is young and trying to further his career.   Looks like he’s been scoring goals regularly in Ireland so hopefully his confidence will be good as well. The other options being mentioned smacked of the usual parade of out of favour duffers who aren’t match fit and probably don’t really want to be at Ayr anyway.

1 hour ago, HMIP said:

Time will tell, but I think Kerr has done the right thing by looking for someone who is young and trying to further his career.   Looks like he’s been scoring goals regularly in Ireland so hopefully his confidence will be good as well. The other options being mentioned smacked of the usual parade of out of favour duffers who aren’t match fit and probably don’t really want to be at Ayr anyway.

He started at West Brom, has been at Brighton and also played on loan at Coventry, where he scored a few goals, so he's certainly got the pedigree and like shankland has maybe just lost his way a little.

If this works out it could be an excellent signing as potentially he's well above our level.

31 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

He started at West Brom, has been at Brighton and also played on loan at Coventry, where he scored a few goals, so he's certainly got the pedigree and like shankland has maybe just lost his way a little.

If this works out it could be an excellent signing as potentially he's well above our level.

Yup, as always with an unknown signing - looking forward to hopefully seeing him in action tomorrow. 

14 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I am pleased with the new signing! I do think we need another two in if possible another young centre forward  on loan for cover and a defensive midfield would be great. I know it’s unlikely but I just don’t think Kerr trusts Mckenzie 

I don't think Kerr trusts more than just him.

Well it’s been a case of one of two strikers Killie have had in and they have signed Oakley , having that premiership experience probably swung it and doesent mean the big fella is a downgrade to us only time will tell. For me as long as he gets and odd goal and his hold up play is very good I’ll be happy, having that in the team will be a massive asset and should really turn things around, Haven’t seen him yet but I’ve a good feeling on this, hope my gut is right.