The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

21 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Are we actually going to announce a signing on a Sunday? Has this ever happened before? 

I won’t believe it till announced by the club. The fact that it’s Sunday suggests  it’s not happening today- pretty sure Robbo confirmed there was a reason why nothing happens on a sunday previously 

Edited by ryanayr1987

10 hours ago, rb123! said:
Jordan White inbound, bit of a ' meh' for me, thought he was just a bit of a carthorse at Inverness, was amazed when he'd managed to get a deal at Motherwell, maybe explains now why they're in the mess they're in with some of their business in the summer.

Still hopefully he might bring the other guys like Walsh, Smith, McCowan and Moffat into play opening up more goals. Didn't see today but looks like we were pretty solid at the back but just lacking something upfront, which could have perhaps been improved by having a physical prescence to hold the ball up.

Hope White pays off cause it simply needs to for Kerr with pressure on him to get it right after other two striker signings Anderson and Cameron were a disaster with only 1 league goal between them.

On another note i think it's very poor the club never acknowledged Cameron left (as far as i'm aware). 

In fairness the mess we're in has more to do with losing two internationals from our starting XI (Carson and Donnelly: in Donnelly's case he's been out since the first game of the season and we had to replace Carson with whoever was available outside the transfer window), not having an actual left back in the team until January because he was more than 2 months behind on his rehab, none of our wingers being any good and various others being nowhere near the level they were last season (*looks at Declan Gallagher, Liam Polworth and Chris Long*).

If you were to look at what would have been our first choice starting XI there would probably only have been one or two changes from the side that finished 3rd* last season. As it is it's been an absolute binfire on account of long term injuries and established players being wildly out of form.

Don't get me wrong signing White definitely hasn't worked out for anyone concerned but in our list of problems it's pretty far down.

Robinson had always been after a cheap "lump" to chuck on in a 2nd half if we wanted to go "direct" which is where White came into the picture. He offered the height we were looking for, had scored goals at Championship level, is from the area and already knew a bunch of the players at the club. With Watt, Long, Cole and Callum Lang at the club I don't think White was ever meant to be anything other than an option off the bench.

Who knows, it could have gone a different way for him at Fir Park if his goal against Hibs or his equaliser against United had stood but the more minutes he's ended up getting the more he's looked out his depth at this level.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Edited by capt_oats

4 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I won’t believe it till announced by the club. The fact that it’s Sunday suggests  it’s not happening today- pretty sure Robbo confirmed there was a reason why nothing happens on a sunday previously 

Could happen today as the players are all together at training as  all players and officials are getting this weeks Covid test this morning , due to Covid signings are taking place mainly at training venue so are happening at anytime 

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

Could happen today as the players are all together at training as  all players and officials are getting this weeks Covid test this morning , due to Covid signings are taking place mainly at training venue so are happening at anytime 

Ok so I am allowed to get excited today? 

In fairness the mess we're in has more to do with losing two internationals from our starting XI (Carson and Donnelly: in Donnelly's case he's been out since the first game of the season and we had to replace Carson with whoever was available outside the transfer window), not having an actual left back in the team until January because he was more than 2 months behind on his rehab, none of our wingers being any good and various others being nowhere near the level they were last season (*looks at Declan Gallagher, Liam Polworth and Chris Long*).
If you were to look at what would have been our first choice starting XI there would probably only have been one or two changes from the side that finished 3rd* last season. As it is it's been an absolute binfire on account of long term injuries and established players being wildly out of form.
Don't get me wrong signing White definitely hasn't worked out for anyone concerned but in our list of problems it's pretty far down.
Robinson had always been after a cheap "lump" to chuck on in a 2nd half if we wanted to go "direct" which is where White came into the picture. He offered the height we were looking for, had scored goals at Championship level, is from the area and already knew a bunch of the players at the club.

What's his contract situation and injury record like?

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

What's his contract situation and injury record like?

He's contracted until 2022 and he's largely been available. He missed a couple of squads in December but other than that he's been on our bench.

In fact, he was on the bench last Sunday in the 1-1 vs Rangers and was subbed on in the 1-1 vs St Mirren.

With Anderson and Cameron being flops, I'm struggling to get excited about another youth/fringe player from the Premier coming. With Brexit and Covid, it is harder to sign someone who is a bit off piste obviously but I think we need a bit of an unknown to Scottish football to lift the place a bit. 

We really need signings that are going to save the season and not just maintain the level of crap we have had to watch so far. 

White is the epitome of hit and miss in terms of goal scoring  looking at his stats and the Premier looks to be above his level. Like Anderson and Smith, you would like to think they would have a point to prove dropping down a level and hopefully White is more Smith than Anderson. 

20 minutes ago, Pick that one out Marshall said:

I follow them he's had a decent time there and he knows where the net is.

Decent, looks really aggressive in the air (but fair) and not slow from what I've seen.  Hopefully it's for 18 months.  

36 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Who? I’ve never heard of him!  So we aren’t signing Jordan white? 

No , by all accounts he is a decent player and should bring other players into scoring goals , he was picked as centre forward in the Irish league team of the year last season 

Edited by Robbo63