The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

10 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Still don't think we need to be panicking yet, a point at EEP where we matched them throughout tells me that our level, even just now, is better than relegation candidates. I do agree though that this next signing could have a huge impact on our season and effectively be the difference between mid table mediocrity and making a realistic push back to the promotion play off places.

Another variable which gives me confidence is that after the next 3 or 4 weeks, we should realistically be expecting better weather and as a result better playing surfaces which should benefit us as a team.

Don't we though? 

We had zero shots on target against a Dunfermline side who aren’t at their best. Arbroath drew with Dundee last night so Kerr’s turgid shite getting us a 0-0 draw for the third time this season isn’t really a sign we won’t be in a relegation battle to be honest. 

Not withstanding that we should be panicking regardless that we aren’t even anywhere near challenging for the play offs. 

We haven’t won in six games, and I certainly don’t see us beating Dundee midweek. If we don’t beat Alloa we then have Hearts, Raith and Inverness as our next three games. 

Maybe we shouldn’t be completely panicking quite yet in terms of a relegation battle, but if we don’t win one of our next two then I will be. 

14 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

..........we should realistically be expecting better weather and as a result better playing surfaces which should benefit us as a team.

Fair point - wasn't impressed by that surface today, lots of bobbles. We are a better team when we play on the deck but today wasn't a day for doing that.

One other thing - can someone at the club tell the 'keeper to punch the fuckin ball instead of flappin at it. Or even just catch it.

39 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
1 hour ago, Trogdor said:
Yeah, ever since Moore skyrocketed that penalty they've been firmly on the mantlepiece. Lets keep them there.

How is the wee man? Is he still with us?

There was a bit of an Adams about his injury. Out for the season, still under contract till then, his number given to someone else.....think he might be by as a full time footballer. 

9 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

He never said that did he?

It’s easy when you only quote  a very small part of his interview and don’t take into context his whole interview  , he did say that and followed it with it’s a different style of football here when it seems to go end to end him defending and attacking , playing total football at Ipswich is working this season NOT 

Edited by Robbo63

I actually thought we played reasonably well today, just something missing at centre forward - so really have to hope the new guy is a physical central style to bring Walsh McCowan Smith etc into things.  Zanatta nowhere near good enough at that although to be fair it's not his position.   Defence looked very solid and midfield were generally pretty good, certainly didnt get over ran. 

I will say though I watched on a Pixellot free stream with no commentary - but i thought I saw a couple of shots on target, Walsh / Smith who thought it was over line and another from  Smith maybe 2nd half? But I notice someone  above saying we didnt have any so i could be wrong...

Really need a win though - that Alloa game coming up is huge.  

While there wasn't much of a cutting edge, I thought we actually played alright.  Defensive collapses have been our biggest downfall this season, but we looked fairly comfortable today.  Hopefully that can lead to some settled defensive performances which make us hard to beat.  Of course, more of a threat up front is the next step and hopefully someone is brought in who can help provide that.  

It wasn't an amazing performance, let's be realistic, but a point and a clean-sheet away from home in this league isn't to be sniffed at.  But we need to be winning our home games far more often than we have.  

49 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

There was a bit of an Adams about his injury. Out for the season, still under contract till then, his number given to someone else.....think he might be by as a full time footballer. 

Yeah, he's not kicked a ball for us in over a year now. So frustrating, such a talented player but so unlucky with injuries. They've plagued him forever. 

19 minutes ago, Hursty said:

I actually thought we played reasonably well today, just something missing at centre forward - so really have to hope the new guy is a physical central style to bring Walsh McCowan Smith etc into things.  Zanatta nowhere near good enough at that although to be fair it's not his position.   Defence looked very solid and midfield were generally pretty good, certainly didnt get over ran. 

I will say though I watched on a Pixellot free stream with no commentary - but i thought I saw a couple of shots on target, Walsh / Smith who thought it was over line and another from  Smith maybe 2nd half? But I notice someone  above saying we didnt have any so i could be wrong...

Really need a win though - that Alloa game coming up is huge.  

Yes, all the above in a nutshell.

I just think some of our supporters have delusions of grandeur on the one hand but an inferiority complex on the other.

The point is that the majority of teams in this league are pretty evenly matched and even when we're not playing well, we're still right in matches and not getting pumped 5-0 the way some would have you think.

I for one am certainly not running scared of Dundee or anyone else for that matter and while I acknowledge that we're far from our best at the moment, I'd also point out that hitting a bit of form and stringing a couple of wins together would have us right back in the promotion play off mix just like that.

Thought we played ok without having a real cutting edge. Was it Walsh having the chance cleared off the line the Moffat putting a chance wide we could have won and on balance Dunfermiline didnt have ay better chances.

Nbanda looks a good addition and we are just a centre forward away from looking decent*

* mid table mediocrity

Jordan White inbound, bit of a ' meh' for me, thought he was just a bit of a carthorse at Inverness, was amazed when he'd managed to get a deal at Motherwell, maybe explains now why they're in the mess they're in with some of their business in the summer.

Still hopefully he might bring the other guys like Walsh, Smith, McCowan and Moffat into play opening up more goals. Didn't see today but looks like we were pretty solid at the back but just lacking something upfront, which could have perhaps been improved by having a physical prescence to hold the ball up.

Hope White pays off cause it simply needs to for Kerr with pressure on him to get it right after other two striker signings Anderson and Cameron were a disaster with only 1 league goal between them.

On another note i think it's very poor the club never acknowledged Cameron left (as far as i'm aware). 

1 hour ago, placidcasual said:

Were you not having a real go at people for suggesting his jacket was on a shoogly peg just a couple of weeks ago?

There have been quite a few "hot takes" flying about on here recently and I agree that was a wild one. Here's mine: is it too much to ask for an interview on black & white tv to be in focus/ have listenable sound?! Performances have been staid. We all know how frustrating Moffat is, I'm content if we are in the Chapioship next season.

5 hours ago, pandarilla said:
6 hours ago, Trogdor said:
Yeah, ever since Moore skyrocketed that penalty they've been firmly on the mantlepiece. Lets keep them there.

How is the wee man? Is he still with us?

Kevin McClellan the physio commented on a FB query about Moore saying that he's doing rehab with him, didn't think i'd need to say this but we could do with him back ASAP 

12 hours ago, Hursty said:

We definitely had at least one on target - the one Walsh was claiming was over the line. I don't think Dunfermline had any on target, unless you count the attempted cross which Sinisalo gathered easily in the first half.

In what was a poor game I thought Ayr looked the team more likely to score. You were on the front foot from the off .  However, games like that and the one at Somerset would get football stopped. Entertainment value zero.