The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Just watching the Italian Supercopa between Juve and Napoli and the commentators are discussing the state of the pitch and how difficult it is to play a fast flowing passing style on it and they reckon that the teams should be more direct and adapt their style accordingly to suit the pitch conditions.

First off, the pitch is like a bowling green compared to Somerset or any other Scottish ground and secondly they've got Ronaldo, Insigne, Zielinski, Arthur, Chiesa, Bernardeschi on the pitch, so if these guys are struggling due to the pitch, then what do we expect from our guys !!!

The pitches in Scotland and England do seem especially bad this winter, Leeds pitch at the weekend surprised me cause it looked terrible for a PL team. Makes me wonder if Covid is meaning budgets on pitch maintenance have been reduced and in Scotland, clubs maybe aren't getting in external pitch maintanence companies to assist due to covid bubbles etc. 

Back to Ayr, i'm for astro if it means a really good surface like Alloas all year to play decent silky football on. I'm also very much still for grass if the club increased the budget towards grass maintenance with a couple more groundsman and heatlamps/quality covers for winter etc.

Wonder what the cost difference would be between new grass and subsequent maintenance or switching to astro....

Hey guys,

Was good seeing the 500 club hand over a good sum to the club recently, I had always wanted to help in some way but never had anything to offer really.  

So I came up with this:

Some of the stuff looks decent IMO. 

Wont be a big earner ever but 500 club gets all the cash I get as a seller. 

I've added a Redbubble too as the shipping on teepublic is excessive for some items:

https://www.redbubble.com/people/itzdrk/shop?asc=u&ref=account-nav-dropdown

Edited by itzdrk

Well boy, Mccardle  talks a good game can see why he’s got all the badges, psychology, mentality thing well. A bit OTT for me just get them doing what there good at play to there strengths  get them in there correct positions and stop the silly mistakes, if we are worried about the other stuff god help us.

We have to be close to bringing in a centre forward surely , looks like he’s playing Zanatta in there to provide a target to hit , not ideal , but at least it’ll give the team a bit of practise with the system . 

36 minutes ago, North British said:

We have to be close to bringing in a centre forward surely , looks like he’s playing Zanatta in there to provide a target to hit , not ideal , but at least it’ll give the team a bit of practise with the system . 

I would think we will have new centre forward for next Saturday , Tuesday possibly too soon 

2 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

I would think we will have new centre forward for next Saturday , Tuesday possibly too soon 

I think testing would rule anyone out of Tuesday and possibly Saturday depending on how late on we get them signed. 

Just now, super_carson said:

Unless it’s a loan signing, in which case could testing through their parent club count?

Yeah absolutely, depends on the expiry date though. 

52 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I think testing would rule anyone out of Tuesday and possibly Saturday depending on how late on we get them signed. 

Testing tomorrow which covers current players to next Sunday , we use private firm and get results within 24hrs , so as long as new guy in by Thursday he will be fine