The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, davidkennedyshand said:
5 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:
On the pitch front, there is a guy who by all accounts in a complete knob, turns pitches around over 18 months or so, he did Troon Juniors pitch and caused all sorts of bother in junior football with it. Teams weren't able to train on it, even warm-ups were to be done on a patch of grass behind the goals. 
The pitch was ruined during the early days of the Daziel era to get a televised cup game on, they sanded it heavily and it cup up a lot. It took a few years to get it back to a bowling green surface. In the last 4-5 years it has been dreadful. 

Is it Gus Hollas?He was with Troon for a while. Killie as well. Also had a short spell with us I believe.

Ni idea but I think he was at Kilmarnock and they hunted him because he was very restrictive on what could be done on the park. I got the impression he wasn't much of a people person from the stories I heard. Think there was a thread on here in the junior forum at one point about him.

100% was Gus Hollis started at Crosshouse amateurs and he also used to run the Killie  youth set up before the academies started, a painter and decorator by trade so no idea how he got into looking after football pitches. I would also agree what people posted about him.

Does anyone know exactly when Smith's loan is up?  I had read his contract with D Utd was due to expire this week which would obviously mean we wouldn't have him on loan any more, but haven't seen it mentioned so assume he is at least available tomorrow? 

Any news on our hunt for a centre forward ? Some curious stuff in the Ayrshire Post . Smith saying he’d back Kerr to the hilt in the transfer market and also Kerr saying that agents were holding out to get the best deals for their players !  Putting these two statements together had me thinking we were looking to  sign a striker rather than just borrow one .....

Any news on our hunt for a centre forward ? Some curious stuff in the Ayrshire Post . Smith saying he’d back Kerr to the hilt in the transfer market and also Kerr saying that agents were holding out to get the best deals for their players !  Putting these two statements together had me thinking we were looking to  sign a striker rather than just borrow one .....
Always the same is it not, that's why I'm not expecting anything till late on.

The lack of chatter about Smith signing is a bit concerning

30 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Always the same is it not, that's why I'm not expecting anything till late on.

The lack of chatter about Smith signing is a bit concerning

This probably sounds a bit daft but I don't think Smith leaving would be a major disaster as we seem to have neutralised his undoubted quality and class by the way we've been playing recently.

A big dumpling goalscorer might actually be a better bet.

That said, I really like Smith and would far rather see us play the slick passing game involving him, Moff, McCowan & a fit and firing Tom Walsh. 

37 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

This probably sounds a bit daft but I don't think Smith leaving would be a major disaster as we seem to have neutralised his undoubted quality and class by the way we've been playing recently.

A big dumpling goalscorer might actually be a better bet.

That said, I really like Smith and would far rather see us play the slick passing game involving him, Moff, McCowan & a fit and firing Tom Walsh. 

Think you may have something here , I’ve always thought the late signing of Anderson and Smith weren’t in the plan as such and were more a knee jerk reaction to the failure to land Drinan after waiting so long . I think theplan was Walsh , McCowan , Zanatta and Moff for the wings and no 10 .  However after Drinan never happened , Anderson and  Smith were too good to turn down with options running out . 

However letting your best player go to one of your play off rivals isn’t brilliant, maybe we’re just thinking of being in the Championship next season ....

SPFL have written to all championship clubs to see if they want to continue or suspend the league. 

At this point in time, I would be happy if they awarded Hearts the league and promotion and pooled the remaining prize money and split it between all 9 teams. Been a shitshow for Ayr this year and I think every club bar Dundee (on current form) would feel aggrieved if it happened just now. None have been contenders and playing to a finish will only see a heavily weighted play-off structure meaning a team probably wont go up through the play-offs. 

Plus points of continuing, clubs can continue to make money from streaming etc

Minus points, more fans might be lost to football with streaming not being the same and habits being broken. 

Personally I hope it continues, if it is suspended it has the potential to be a complete farce. if it is suspended part of the consultation should be a reduced18 game season. currently Arbroath are 5 points from 8th, That would send a message this week that they have 8 games and 24 points available to secure safety. they could rearrange the fixtures to meet the BBC contract also and provide opposition for the play-offs. 

5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Anyone having issues watching videos on black and white tv? Trying to watch on my phone and when I click play it’s just shooting up to to top of logo

When I open it on a browser I have to change my ratio down to about 60% to watch it, very buggy just now. 

Not entirely sure why we need to have this vote on whether to suspend the championship or not considering we've now got the testing in place for all the clubs. Inverness seems to be the only one's moaning about it so i'm sure Gardiner has something to do with it.

As others have said though i wouldn't be fussed either way if it was stopped and got to the stage where it couldn't be completed since we've obviously been pretty hopeless this season. Was more annoyed last season cause it stopped with us in 4th and didn't allow us to compete in the play-offs.

11 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Anyone having issues watching videos on black and white tv? Trying to watch on my phone and when I click play it’s just shooting up to to top of logo

Yes, had to change to iPad to watch it 

I can’t get signed up. On my phone when I click sign up it brings up the page and I can add my email and password then when I go to scroll down to complete it scrolls the back ground. I’ll eventually be on my laptop and it’ll probably work, but seems a pain and not everyone will have a laptop or that to fall back on. 

CA9D99C6-080E-4CF4-B8B4-1BDAAD2E25AB.thumb.png.075a84a82d8ab69ed3645445881a6aa9.png

12 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I only played the videos this morning but its the best its worked for me. I could pause the video and fast forward or rewatch a bit. It never let you do that before. I was on Google chrome on my mobile. Worked great.