The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Interesting times ahead with this new takeover. It also probably helps that Smith will be at every game home and away so that should benefit us and will have more connection to the club. 

I notice that Lewis Grant will be leaving the club aswell. With him, Kirkwood and the 2 people who left after McCall went to Partick, It probably leaves us a bit light in terms of directors.

Can just see the Ashleigh Construction billboards around this impressive effort. Do it Davie. No issues any more with the strip of frost in front of the old Main Stand either. 

The sandstone bungalows in Somerset Road would never see daylight again.... 

image.png.e0627ff0ce11f080469e303aebe51cef.png

Edited by BukyOHare

Just now, Trogdor said:

Some news that. 

Fairs do's to Lachlan, I've never been his biggest fan but I think he definitely leaves us better than he found us. Not many football club owners can say that. Thank you. 

Totally agree, we've actually had as good a times as ever over the past couple of seasons and the fact he's written off our debt to start this new chapter says much about the man, despite what many have though of him over the years.

58 minutes ago, rb123! said:

When Dave Smith talks about purchasing land, was he relating to bit for Jim Kirkwoods housing or is it one of the two bits i've scribbled behind the hospitality. If it's the bit in yellow it's an awkward shape and not much of a size to do anything with. However he's a builder and he's created the Somerset Hub on what is a weird corner shape of land so if anyone can make something work i'm sure he can.

Untitled.png

I imagine it's the yellow.

https://scotlis.ros.gov.uk/property-summary/AYR35497/1 - We are processing an application which, once registered, may change the information shown on this title.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

When Dave Smith talks about purchasing land, was he relating to bit for Jim Kirkwoods housing or is it one of the two bits i've scribbled behind the hospitality. If it's the bit in yellow it's an awkward shape and not much of a size to do anything with. However he's a builder and he's created the Somerset Hub on what is a weird corner shape of land so if anyone can make something work i'm sure he can.

Untitled.png

I imagine it would be the the yellow area. It would allow the terrace to be straightened, and possibly a car park.

20 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Totally agree, we've actually had as good a times as ever over the past couple of seasons and the fact he's written off our debt to start this new chapter says much about the man, despite what many have though of him over the years.

Lachlan, and his father before him, performed a thankless task admirably and took the club from the brink of bankruptcy to where it is today.

It was a bumpy road, with some relegations and questionable managerial appointments, but Lachlan and Donald Cameron deserve a great amount of respect and gratitude for the important role they both played in ensuring that Ayr United continued to exist.

Hopefully exciting times are ahead.

5 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Do we still own the car park behind ? if so, that would give us an access route around the back plus ample car parking if this new stand gets off the ground.

If you mean the car park behind the main stand, then the short answer is no. It was so!d to the Kirkwoods a number of years ago.

1 minute ago, RedEd said:

If you mean the car park behind the main stand, then the short answer is no. It was so!d to the Kirkwoods a number of years ago.

No, it was the other car park on somerset road I was meaning, the other side of the used car place.

24 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

No, it was the other car park on somerset road I was meaning, the other side of the used car place.

Pretty sure Vehicle Trade Centre own that (if not, they at least rent it) as that is the main hub for all their dealerships. Bought a few cars from them over the years and they've always got them stored in there

10 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

See an astro pitch is under consideration, hopefully a new grass one is too, with better drainage, prob cheaper in the long run.

Astro pitch needed for training purposes, all our training is currently on Astro and we are paying to rent it , makes sense getting our own and the charging people to use ours , another form of income he was eluding too , great that he has decent short and longer term plans in place and sounded as if he does not over promise 

1 hour ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I notice that Lewis Grant will be leaving the club aswell. With him, Kirkwood and the 2 people who left after McCall went to Partick, It probably leaves us a bit light in terms of directors.

He said he'd like new members on the board and also new investors, however that's going to difficult just now with the world situation and won't help that there won't be any way to put a timescale on when investors would get a return on their money just now. 

1 hour ago, RedEd said:

I imagine it would be the the yellow area. It would allow the terrace to be straightened, and possibly a car park.

Would be a game changer if we could at some point down the line purchase all the green area too

11 minutes ago, rb123! said:

He said he'd like new members on the board and also new investors, however that's going to difficult just now with the world situation and won't help that there won't be any way to put a timescale on when investors would get a return on their money just now. 

Come in Donald, all is forgiven, a quick 18 over the Ailsa in the morning followed by the "big" matchday at Fortress Somerset.

Calvin, once Donald gets the FBI off your back, come on down sir !!

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You've just received £0.5m from the Govt. How much more do you need to carry out less than £3k of testing for a few weeks?

I am saying they are more likely to offer support to 10 or 22 clubs rather than all clubs for testing, not that they should. 

But genuinely I can see this lasting until the end of the season, It was announced today that no restrictions would change at the end of the month. I cant envisage them allowing every level of football to return without testing protocols. Maybe March because of the vaccine but they would need to reduce the season to 18 games for the lower leagues or something similar. 

With about16 weeks left of the season you are talking about roughly £45k on testing that the government is making mandatory.  When you consider the amount of revenue lost currently and the money spent on attendance protocols that were never needed, £500k is not a lot of money. I am pleased that no club at this level have made a big signing this month with the injection of cash. 

3 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

How about a retractable roof? 

If it retracts over the terracing so I can enjoy a crisp winter afternoon or nice summer day/evening I'm in.  Losing something like we have would be terrible.